Playoffs - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Playoffs

albathebrave

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

UEFA created a system where the finals isn’t for the strongest 24 teams. The playoff paths for route C and D in the Nations League give two lesser teams a chance to qualify, rather than rewarding the 24 best teams. That’s what I mean by falling into the finals, rather than earning our place.

As an example, it’s like if England’s Champions League places went to the champions of each of the four different divisions, rather than the top 4 in the Premier League.

The system is for some reason providing a couple of places for lesser teams.

Which team or teams would say are losing out because of this system?

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Which team or teams would say are losing out because of this system?

In general, a couple of better teams who fail to make it.

On this occasion, that’s teams in Nations League B who haven’t qualified yet, who are now scrapping it out with each other over one place, rather than (mostly) avoiding each other as top seeds in playoffs between the strongest teams.

28 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Ok Danny, no problem 👍

I’m going to be owed a lot of apologies whenever it comes to light that I have never had more than one account!

In the mean time, all I can do is keep promising/insisting/begging people to believe that that is the case.

Edited by dohadeer

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

In general, a couple of better teams who fail to make it.

On this occasion, that’s teams in Nations League B who haven’t qualified yet, who are now scrapping it out with each other over one place, rather than (mostly) avoiding each other as top seeds in playoffs between the strongest teams.

I am no fan of seeding, IMO it gives the bigger teams a helping hand to the finals by ensuring they avoid playing each other. Having teams of the same seeding play each other creates a better competition IMO. If anything, seeding has played a part in fucking football up. 

This new method gives the lesser teams an opportunity to do something they may have only dreamed of doing. 

Semi-final 1 (1 v 4): Georgia v Belarus (18:00 CET)
Semi-final 2 (2 v 3): North Macedonia v Kosovo

Thats the league below us, one of those teams will be in dream land come the end of March, I see nothing wrong with that. If the teams in pots B and A fail to get there, tough shit. 

12 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Just read the bit about Brown maybe coming back if we win the play offs.

What planet is he on, total zoomer. 

the same planet as the fans who think its a good idea

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am no fan of seeding, IMO it gives the bigger teams a helping hand to the finals by ensuring they avoid playing each other. Having teams of the same seeding play each other creates a better competition IMO. If anything, seeding has played a part in fucking football up. 

This new method gives the lesser teams an opportunity to do something they may have only dreamed of doing. 

Thats the league below us, one of those teams will be in dream land come the end of March, I see nothing wrong with that. If the teams in pots B and A fail to get there, tough shit. 

Totally agree. These competitions become boring and pointless if it's always the same few teams. 

Look at the Champions league if you need a perfect example. Pretty sure the viewing figures for it must be declining as time goes on, especially in countries like Scotland or Belgium where the clubs don't regularly participate. 

52 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I’m going to be owed a lot of apologies whenever it comes to light that I have never had more than one account!

In the mean time, all I can do is keep promising/insisting/begging people to believe that that is the case.

How exactly is that going to come to light? I doubt the mods will be able to do anything another than check the IP address you are using at any given time, which would prove nothing. 

Maybe you should stop ‘trying to wriggle out’ of it and just admit it?

38 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Totally agree. These competitions become boring and pointless if it's always the same few teams. 

Look at the Champions league if you need a perfect example. Pretty sure the viewing figures for it must be declining as time goes on, especially in countries like Scotland or Belgium where the clubs don't regularly participate. 

Again, can you provide some evidence for the declining viewing figures statement, rather than just making a baseless claim.

Just now, Texas Pete said:

How exactly is that going to come to light? I doubt the mods will be able to do anything another than check the IP address you are using at any given time, which would prove nothing. 

I assume it will come to light one way or another whether that was an error of a post, or someone on the wind up.

I’m not going to admit it because it isn’t true. The Dark Knight must have people on high alert after their odd, inflammatory behaviour this past week. I think the rest of us are simply reasonable people with single accounts, who have better things to do with our time than create multiple accounts. If I have anything to say on here, I’m happy to say it as me, using this account. I have no need for any other accounts. PLEASE. BELIEVE. ME.

11 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

IP address is a reasonable check. Most people use just one or two for the majority of their interactions. Also, you can do a geo look-up with them. If it showed TDK was in one city and Dohadeer was in another one it would be hard to argue they are the same person.

3 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I assume it will come to light one way or another whether that was an error of a post, or someone on the wind up.

I’m not going to admit it because it isn’t true. The Dark Knight must have people on high alert after their odd, inflammatory behaviour this past week. I think the rest of us are simply reasonable people with single accounts, who have better things to do with our time than create multiple accounts. If I have anything to say on here, I’m happy to say it as me, using this account. I have no need for any other accounts. PLEASE. BELIEVE. ME.

No, I don’t think I will. I have absolutely no reason to believe you whatsoever and all of the evidence points to you having a duplicate account  

Whether you are Chripper or not is irrelevant. Him and people like him who create duplicate accounts to argue with and make themselves look good are ruining this board. I don’t know who I’m talking to half the time and the place has become a shambles. 

If it’s someone on the wind up then it’s them that would owe you an apology, nobody else.

Do you have a reasonable explanation for not replying to the phantom poster? Or are you still trying to think of one?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

It comes down to personal opinion, but in terms of sporting integrity, I’d want to the see finals being played between as close as possible to the 24 best teams in Europe. Rather than throwing a couple of ‘sympathy’ places at teams from an arbitrary point somewhere further down the pecking order.

A country could have their once-in-a-generation/lifetime best group of players, and miss out because of places being given to teams who are much worse. Also, it creates meaningless matches at the finals, where these teams will be cannon fodder.

The European Championships have always been such a good competition - way better than the World Cup, because they are so competitive It’s sad to see them diluted to this degree.

5 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

IP address is a reasonable check. Most people use just one or two for the majority of their interactions. Also, you can do a geo look-up with them. If it showed TDK was in one city and Dohadeer was in another one it would be hard to argue they are the same person.

Fair point but TDK strikes me as someone that would use a VPN. They could both easily be in Glasgow anyway.

I’m not sure he is TDK but he was busted using another profile. Either that or someone is doing the strangest and most pointless wind up of all time. 

Either way the whole thing is weird. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

No, I don’t think I will. I have absolutely no reason to believe you whatsoever and all of the evidence points to you having a duplicate account  

Whether you are Chripper or not is irrelevant. Him and people like him who create duplicate accounts to argue with and make themselves look good are ruining this board. I don’t know who I’m talking to half the time and the place has become a shambles. 

If it’s someone on the wind up then it’s them that would owe you an apology, nobody else.

Do you have a reasonable explanation for not replying to the phantom poster? Or are you still trying to think of one?

Yes, I am worried it may be The Dark Knight, so I don’t want to feed them with the attention they crave.

Are there other examples of duplicate accounts which have been confirmed, or is it that one poster who has everyone looking over their shoulders?

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

Yes, I am worried it may be The Dark Knight, so I don’t want to feed them with the attention they crave.

Are there other examples of duplicate accounts which have been confirmed, or is it that one poster who has everyone looking over their shoulders?

Only Dohadeer and Danny. 😂

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Fair point but TDK strikes me as someone that would use a VPN. They could both easily be in Glasgow anyway.

I’m not sure he is TDK but he was busted using another profile. Either that or someone is doing the strangest and most pointless wind up of all time. 

Either way the whole thing is weird. 

Yeah, I just read back and saw that DannyOz post. That is weird. 

I guess he could be using a VPN, as its a lot easier to set up nowadays. 

I'm not convinced dohadeer is TDK though after their massive stats argument the other night. Seemed legit, and dohadeer seems to know his maths. 

Strange times though. 

5 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

I read that as;

”I’m worried I may be the dark knight”

And creased myself 😂

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I read that as;

”I’m worried I may be the dark knight”

And creased myself 😂

Hahaha don't even joke. I think everyone is worried they may be the dark knight these days. I'm having a proper existential crisis. 

10 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

For all I know you’ve been trolling this board for 15 years. 

Lets look at the facts. 

You claim the other profile isn’t you. Why didn’t you reply to his post asking what the hell he was playing at? That’s the first thing I would’ve done.

You’ve barely posted on here in 15 years now you’re on here almost 24/7 posting similar stuff to several other profiles, two of which were proven to be the same person and have been banned?

You now claim TDK/Chripper is trying to set you up so you’ll get banned as well? That seems a little far fetched, even for that guy.

The whole thing is a little odd, don’t you think?

To be fair there has been one poster in particular who has been trolling this board for a lot of years under different guises. He actually used to be funny. Rossy used to call him outbon it. I did enjoy his stuff until he decided to go on a personal online attack on me and members of my family. He’s still on here after all these years. His life revolves around “pisstaking” on social media and the likes. It would be interesting if he was Chripper/TDK/whoever. He certainly has previous and clearly the time on his hands. The fat, ugly impotent cunt has no life other than what he gets his kicks from as he’s obviously not had a ride in a long, long time.