Playoffs - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Playoffs

albathebrave

6 minutes ago, bleedsdarkblueblood63 said:

In retrospect it might not be a bad thing. All the pressure is on the home nation. If for instance we reach final and score first the crowd could turn against the home team. I also think SC prefers playing away. 

I like the positivity. We will go away with a game plan. I guess if everyone does their job on the day then we have a chance.

2 minutes ago, tartanarmy1995 said:

Accommodation booked with free cancellation up until the day for both, think if we made it through to final getting tickets could be difficult (especially with 5 points)!I

can't see many folk going as in 1500+ given the logistics. I could be completely wrong though lol

Edited by dezmondo

4 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh that's true but it will be tough and we will defo be underdogs.

Of course but that is traditionally when we’re at our best. 

I’m more concerned about beating Israel first. That will be tough. 

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

If we reach the final I'd say we have a better chance against Norway. For fans though who want greater amount of tickets available then Serbia offer that. Their national stadium holds a fraction over 55,000 whereas Norway's Ulleval Stadium holds just over 28,000.

I'd say 2,000 or whatever we usually get in Oslo would be more than enough for fans booking with a few days notice.

Isreal are no mugs its going to be very tough and it wont be any easier no matter who we get in the final if we get there of course but should be a good road trip if we make the final i take the it will be the Ullevaal Stadion or Rajko Mitić Stadium  for the final i would think 100% pick on tickets

Taken a £50 gamble on return flights from Edinburgh to Germany, with the two airports having excellent and cheap connections to both Oslo and Belgrade, with the times of the return flight late at night, meaning have all day to get there from the final. 

4 minutes ago, bleedsdarkblueblood63 said:

SC will play the final the way he played against your Rangers, Celtics, and Aberdeen’s when he was boss of Killie. He will counter attack them. Better to be in it. But let’s get Israel out the way. But for a wonder save against them by magreggor we would be out.  Israel first. 

Not sure that is true? I think if Israel had equalised we would have taken Bulgaria's place as best of the rest. We could have been looking at a home semi v Hungary followed by a home final v Iceland. Possibly better than what we have got?

I blame McLeish, he should have foreseen this situation. ;)

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Not sure that is true? I think if Israel had equalised we would have taken Bulgaria's place as best of the rest. We could have been looking at a home semi v Hungary followed by a home final v Iceland. Possibly better than what we have got?

I blame McLeish, he should have foreseen this situation. ;)

Yep I reckon we'd have been better not winning our group and ending up in the Path A playoff!