Playoffs - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Playoffs

albathebrave

9 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Wonder if whoever draws Bulgaria will have a mark against their name for hosting the final? With the recent events in Sofia, you can not imagine UEFA are thrilled at the thought that Bulgaria could potentially host a play off final in a empty stadium in Sofia.

Has that not already happened?

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Has that not already happened?

was it not two games behind closed doors, which I do not think their recent friendly match fell under, so under UEFA competitions they have only served 1 of their 2 matches.

Just now, wanderer said:

was it not two games behind closed doors, which I do not think their recent friendly match fell under, so under UEFA competitions they have only served 1 of their 2 matches.

Ah OK, I thought it was just the one match. :ok:

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

That's the draw for the final tournament you are talking about. This draw on Friday is just for the play offs.

I`m talking about a possible draw on 1st April after the playoff matches.  Not quite sure why it would be needed but am guessing it`d be to slot hosts into their places in groups or to keep countries apart - Armenia and Turkey perhaps

29 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Are Scotland definately playing on the 26th? Or can that change on Friday because of another made up rule change? 

I suppose they`re trying to have maximum time between semis and finals (5 days) but 8 playoff matches on the same day may reduce TV audiences. England have confirmed a home friendly with Denmark on 31st March which could clash with a NI v ROI final and our final (hopefully).

14 minutes ago, ironbrew said:

I`m talking about a possible draw on 1st April after the playoff matches.  Not quite sure why it would be needed but am guessing it`d be to slot hosts into their places in groups or to keep countries apart - Armenia and Turkey perhaps

Aye, that would be an adjustment to the Finals Draw.  For the reasons you mention. they might also want to keep some teams apart? Not sure who that would apply to - Kosovo and Serbia maybe? Armenia are out.

The Finals draw is on Nov 30th.

The draw we are talking about on this thread is this Friday and is just for the play offs.

Edited by Orraloon

23 hours ago, Orraloon said:

A wise man once said that the best jokes are the ones that people don't understand.

I'm not sure I agree with that so I will help you out.

Your name isn't Pau, by any chance? He was good at predicting results.

Pau the invincible 

More info is becoming clear should the miracle happen and we somehow qualify.

1. We will play England at Wembley.

2. We will play one of France, Poland, Switzerland or Croatia at Hampden. 

3. We will play one of Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden or Czech Republic at Hampden. 

England, France and Portugal it is then! 

42 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

3. We will play one of Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden or Czech Republic at Hampden. 

That's the scary possibility, the World Cup winners and the reigning Euro and Nations League holders being drawn in our group, neither being Pot 1 either!

46 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I want Croatia and Austria.

Poland from pot 2 and Austria, Sweden or the Czechs, please. 

Of course, we all know it will be France and Portugal... 

... visiting Belgrade... 

On 11/20/2019 at 3:14 AM, Orraloon said:

I'm hoping you are wrong. Just this once I have a wee feeling that football corruption will work in our favour. I'm hoping they keep the host nations apart but I can see where you are coming from. With your scenario they make sure that one host nation has to be in the final. It might come down to the size of the broon envelopes. I would think Israel would have the potential to have the biggest broon envelope so they should get easiest draw i.e. Scotland.

Aye, I don’t think there’s much chance of the goat bawing, dodgy handshake individuals at Hampden parting wae much mair than the price of a couple of pints. 😂

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

Aye, I don’t think there’s much chance of the goat bawing, dodgy handshake individuals at Hampden parting wae much mair than the price of a couple of pints. 😂

It's why we haven't qualified for so long. Lack of investment in broon envelopes.

14 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's why we haven't qualified for so long. Lack of investment in broon envelopes.

They should have contacted me, I've got loads of them. Just need things to put in them other than seed packets and banana skins.  

Always assumed Scotland were going to play Bulgaria at home in the semi final playoff. 

By order of preference lads I assume you'd rather Bulgaria, then Israel and Romania last in the semi final? 

I do think you'll beat any of those 3 teams at home but may struggle if you're away to Serbia in the final. I would fear Serbia away more so than Norway away in the final despite Norway's decent enough results in some against Spain and Sweden. The Serbs are an unpredictable and dangerous team. 

Edited by irish