John McGinn - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

John McGinn

The_Dark_Knight

Guest ElChris04

McGinn is excelling at a unbelievable rate under dean smith same with Grealish who has been reinvented under him, would hate for him to move on to say a “bigger club” in January then lose out on game time with getting benched as you never know in football with silly clubs buying in form players only to let them rot on the bench.

Thankfully though smith did say both McGinn and Grealish would not be for sake in January and both seem happy at Villa as mentioned on here.

so here’s hoping. 

The more I think about it the 4-1-4-1 that Villa use and we played in Albania looks like the best formation for the players we have.

Easy to say Jack is our only defensive midfielder but McGregor played there that day and it is very easy to imagine Mctominay as better than either of them in that position.

Not sure how the dribble stats are measured in the video but they are pretty high compared with  the overall  who scored ones although McGinn is still 17th highest there

McGinn is the 10th best player in the EPL according  to that site with Robertson and McTominay also in the top 50.

We also had three players in the top 50 at this stage last season Robertson, Fraser and ????

We have two players in the top 50 in the Europa League Christie(12th)and despite his shocker last week Tierney 

Edited by ceudmilefailte

26 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

MacArthur?!

I'm going to guess Callum Paterson.

He had a good start to the season if i remember right. Plus i bet he was listed in Ceud's stats site as a defender/midfielder, yet played as striker....skewing his stats, making him look better than he was.

23 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I'm going to guess Callum Paterson.

He had a good start to the season if i remember right. Plus i bet he was listed in Ceud's stats site as a defender/midfielder, yet played as striker....skewing his stats, making him look better than he was.

Great call!