Today’s starting XI - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today’s starting XI

Rscot

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Naismith was trying to press (impressive since he’s just back from injury) and wasn’t getting much back up from the midfield which Naismith didn’t appear happy about.

Not sure if Clarke was going for the high press or if Naismith took it upon himself.

Christie was impressive. Jack was decent. Forrest looked pretty good in the second half.  

I saw some positives today. That’s the first time I can say that after an away game this campaign with the possible exception of the first half at Heysel. 

Think Christie would be more influential through the middle or just off a CF. Forrest did well for our 2nd goal but I think he looks better on the right.

Hard to see what kind of work Jack was doing off the ball on tv. But I’d be happy enough to play him again and try to build up a better picture.

Edited by Rscot

5 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

OK I've just managed to catch the highlights now. Three cracking goals! One thing that stood out to me was how so many players were making sure to congratulate each other after our goals. We may have a weak team, but a good team spirit can lead to a weak team punching above its weight. 

How did Naismith do as captain? 

It looked to me that Naismith was the one making sure everyone was involved in the celebrations, especially after the 2nd.

31 minutes ago, Rohan said:

It looked as if he acknowledged Taylor for the assist when McGinn scored 

Naismith always tries to bring something to the team even if he's not playing well. We could do with a few more with his attitude. 👍

A lot of mixed views on yesterday's performance. I think we gave about as good as we got and there were a few good individual performances. Let's see what Tuesday brings and maybe judge the newly capped players then rather than on one game. On a separate note is it any clearer who we might get in the play off's?

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Naismith always tries to bring something to the team even if he's not playing well. We could do with a few more with his attitude. 👍

After each goal you can see him talking to players. It's the same at Hearts. Always focusing on supporting the other players, especially the young ones like Hickey.

22 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

After each goal you can see him talking to players. It's the same at Hearts. Always focusing on supporting the other players, especially the young ones like Hickey.

I mentioned earlier that Naismith is a dirty sneaky wee bastard ( on the pitch of course)  He’s clearly at the wrong end of his career but Id take him and his ‘behaviour’ playing for Scotland every time. Until someone else comes along that matches his talent and desire but with years on their side then he has to be involved.

️  

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Not officially I don’t think. 

I have a feeling he’ll make himself available for the playoffs and he’ll be only too happy to play in the finals if we qualify. 

If and it's a very big if we make the finals, fletcher should be told te feck off

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Fletcher epitomises everything that is wrong with a lot of modern day footballers. Obscene wealth At an early age  for bang average players with a below average attitude. 

I think that's a tad harsh, he's always came across as as a fairly nice down to earth guy whenever I have seen him interviewed. He wouldn't of earned a fortune at Hibs when he was starting out especially if you compare it to young players at big epl clubs who haven't even made a first team appearance. He's an average striker who made a decent living out the game, hardly a massive crime. His attitude has never been that bad either imo.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think that's a tad harsh, he's always came across as as a fairly nice down to earth guy whenever I have seen him interviewed. He wouldn't of earned a fortune at Hibs when he was starting out especially if you compare it to young players at big epl clubs who haven't even made a first team appearance. He's an average striker who made a decent living out the game, hardly a massive crime. His attitude has never been that bad either imo.

His attitude has been terrible towards scotland. He scored and played for his club and then asked not to be selected, hes now playing regularly and should be our first choice. He would have the forward position all too himself but it's clear he doesnt want it.

17 minutes ago, gonzohiggy said:

Don't see what he did wrong other than a few fouls. Big and strong and far more comfortable on the ball than his sidekick. 

Both of them were shite yesterday, they both had the positional sense of a drunk blind man.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Pretty well the way I saw it.

Quite a lot of our supporters have preconceived ideas of our players and don't seem to actually watch objectively. 

I understand criticism of McKenna to a degree as he looked awkward but don't think either centre half was bad. 

Just now, gonzohiggy said:

Quite a lot of our supporters have preconceived ideas of our players and don't seem to actually watch objectively. 

I understand criticism of McKenna to a degree as he looked awkward but don't think either centre half was bad. 

It's called having a different opinion.