Today’s starting XI - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today’s starting XI

Rscot

Just now, vanderark14 said:

The biggest wind up merchant on this board is TDK or maybe that's you, is it?😜😜

Hahaha I honestly don't even know any more. Am I? I'm having an existential crisis. Maybe this whole forum if just a figment of my imagination? 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I didn’t assume you were drunk. I just thought there was a good chance given your swearing and general abusiveness. That’s why I said calm down or sober up. 

I would give you some advice on that but I fear you’d just call me a twat and tell me to fuck off. 😂

What’s your thoughts on today’s game then?

Mcginn & Christie looked good, although I’d prefer Christie through the middle or off a front man. In my opinion we can only really play Mcginn or Mctominey as a box / box midfielder. If both are fit and on form, who do you choose? Not convinced Jack is the missing link in midfield. Happy to see him get more game time and make a better assessment. I think we may need to convert a centre halve into our midfield enforcer. Gallagher I thought was decent for his 1st cap. Mckenna has all the physical attributes to be a good centre half, he’s still young, maybe needs to work on the mental side of the game, his confidence, I don’t know. Maybe he’s not confident in his technique and it’s making him edgy? Overall, rode our luck at times, thought Cyprus had a good goal disallowed. But happy with the 3 points, and see some positive aspects from some players in the squad. 

1 minute ago, Rscot said:

Mcginn & Christie looked good, although I’d prefer Christie through the middle or off a front man. In my opinion we can only really play Mcginn or Mctominey as a box / box midfielder. If both are fit and on form, who do you choose? Not convinced Jack is the missing link in midfield. Happy to see him get more game time and make a better assessment. I think we may need to convert a centre halve into our midfield enforcer. Gallagher I thought was decent for his 1st cap. Mckenna has all the physical attributes to be a good centre half, he’s still young, maybe needs to work on the mental side of the game, his confidence, I don’t know. Maybe he’s not confident in his technique and it’s making him edgy? Overall, rode our luck at times, thought Cyprus had a good goal disallowed. But happy with the 3 points, and see some positive aspects from some players in the squad. 

Or (dare i say it @The_Dark_Knight) Andy Robertson?

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The biggest wind up merchant on this board is TDK or maybe that's you, is it?😜😜

It's amazing, Vanderank and Farcity have accused about 10 people of being chripper and me of being five people. They've now accused Rscot of being chripper and for some weird reason I'M the wind up merchant.

You couldn't make it up.

It's also funny how quickly vanderank peed his pants when violence was thrown into the mix.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Halle-fucking-luia.

So many times on the tamb i've read petty arguments and thought 'FFS, if we were all face to face in the pub we'd be getting on like a house on fire'.

Exactly, right? I'd love to share a few jars with you boys and watch Scotland at some point. 

I personally (like many others on here) am stuck in another country with no one else who cares about our team. This is the place I come to find people who think like me, and a sense of community. We have so much more in common than we have stuff that divides us. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

On a different day Cyprus would've won 3:2.

I just thought it was an odd match. The referee stepped out from the pages of a cartoon with all the duff calls.

A win's a win and all that, but... As i said, it was an odd match.

On a different day Scotland could’ve won 0-2. 

Ok, so the goal that never was should’ve counted but the Cyprus goal that actually counted could’ve ended up in the Mediterranean on another day. 

If McTominay, Fraser, Robertson and Tierney were fit we might have won by more. Then again, maybe Cyprus were missing a few players. 

If my aunt had a set of hairy swingers she’d be my uncle. 

Just now, The_Dark_Knight said:

It's amazing, Vanderank and Farcity has accused about 10 people of being chripper and me of being five people. They've now accused Rscot of being chripper and for some weird reason I'M the wind up merchant.

You couldn't make it up.

It's also funny how quickly vanderank peed his pants when violence was thrown into the mix.

You've missed the tone of the post, I was having a laugh with him, see his response. 

Yeah, I was pissing my pants with fear. 🙄🙄.

Just now, Texas Pete said:

On a different day Scotland could’ve won 0-2. 

Ok, so the goal that never was should’ve counted but the Cyprus goal that actually counted could’ve ended up in the Mediterranean on another day. 

If McTominay, Fraser, Robertson and Tierney were fit we might have won by more. Then again, maybe Cyprus were missing a few players. 

If my aunt had a set of hairy swingers she’d be my uncle. 

All true.

Onwards and upwards, I suppose.

Despite everything, hopefully this win breeds confidence within the camp. Hopefully.

14 minutes ago, Rscot said:

. In my opinion we can only really play Mcginn or Mctominey as a box / box midfielder. If both are fit and on form, who do you choose?

McTominay can play other positions, it is the best/only way to use McGinn  so there's your answer.

I think this forum has been brainwashed into thinking that McTominay is a box to box midfielder and nothing else.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yeah, I was pissing my pants with fear. 🙄🙄.

Look. People CANNOT keep accusing people of being this person, that person and the other.

I've had it on multiple occasions. I deal with it with condescension. It was only a matter of time till someone was going to blow a fuse.

And as for you, personally, I have nothing against you. In the climate of sharing, i wish you'd be cooler with me. But either way, I'm fine.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McTominay can play other positions, it is the best/only way to use McGinn  so there's your answer.

I think this forum has been brainwashed into thinking that McTominay is a box to box midfielder and nothing else.

But Mctominey best position is box-box, in my opinion. You play him in another position and you lose some of what he can give you. But you are correct Mctominey has the potential to be a “complete” midfielder, like a Gerrard or a Vierra.

OK I've just managed to catch the highlights now. Three cracking goals! One thing that stood out to me was how so many players were making sure to congratulate each other after our goals. We may have a weak team, but a good team spirit can lead to a weak team punching above its weight. 

How did Naismith do as captain? 

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

OK I've just managed to catch the highlights now. Three cracking goals! One thing that stood out to me was how so many players were making sure to congratulate each other after our goals. We may have a weak team, but a good team spirit can lead to a weak team punching above its weight. 

How did Naismith do as captain? 

Naismith was decent, he used his guile and experience to win us a number of fouls/free kicks. Noticed Christie was trying to close down their back line with him, that was good to see.

4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Drew a lot of fouls and argued a lot.

Pretty much it.

McBurnie doesn't look at all like international class, though. 

Was really hoping McBurnie would take a step forward in the EPL, but it sadly doesn't seem to be happening. Yet?

Just now, The_Dark_Knight said:

Look. People CANNOT keep accusing people of being this person, that person and the other.

I've had in on multiple occasions. I deal with it with condescension. It was only a matter of time till someone was going to blow a fuse.

And as for you, personally, I have nothing against you. In the climate of sharing, i wish you'd be cooler with me. But either way, I'm 

To be fair I tend to stay out of the who is who argument but Regardless, none of my.posts on here warranted threats like tonight

I've genuinely got nothing against you but i do tend to ignore you nowadays, our last interaction was enough for me. It got too personal aNd was out of line.

3 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Naismith was decent, he used his guile and experience to win us a number of fouls/free kicks. Noticed Christie was trying to close down their back line with him, that was good to see.

It's good to hear they were working together. Too many times we've had an isolated front man. Christie seems like a great option who can bridge that gap. 

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

It's good to hear they were working together. Too many times we've had an isolated front man. Christie seems like a great option who can bridge that gap. 

Well it would seem Clarke has learned a little from our previous games. We were closing them down more in their own half. Naismith and Christie were harrying their back line at the edge of their 18 yard box.

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

To be fair I tend to stay out of the who is who argument but Regardless, none of my.posts on here warranted threats like tonight

I've genuinely got nothing against you but i do tend to ignore you nowadays, our last interaction was enough for me. It got too personal aNd was out of line.

I know.

I'm not condoning him in the slightest, but that's the thing about the net, you don't know who you're talking to. Me, i would like to think that I've taken the accusations with grace. 

Good to hear. But yeah, it did get a wee bit personal. Hopefully it's ancient history, though. At the end of the day, we're all Scotland fans.

7 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Well it would seem Clarke has learned a little from our previous games. We were closing them down more in their own half. Naismith and Christie were harrying their back line at the edge of their 18 yard box.

Naismith was trying to press (impressive since he’s just back from injury) and wasn’t getting much back up from the midfield which Naismith didn’t appear happy about.

Not sure if Clarke was going for the high press or if Naismith took it upon himself.

Christie was impressive. Jack was decent. Forrest looked pretty good in the second half.  

I saw some positives today. That’s the first time I can say that after an away game this campaign with the possible exception of the first half at Heysel.