Scotland XI to play Cyprus - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland XI to play Cyprus

The_Dark_Knight

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

The person having the worse game by a country mile is the referee.  The best you can say is he's not favouring either side, he's been equally bad for both. 

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Was literally going to say the same thing. He has been shocking. 

43 minutes ago, Marky said:

Not sure how your post relates to mine??

It’s not living in the past to offer up evidence of how far we have fallen.

Strange response.

I was suggesting there might be another reason for some fans to be satisfied with a 0-1 lead at half time rather than just how far we’ve fallen. 

Considering we were missing 4-5 key players and what has happened in every other away game in the campaign (with the exception of Belgium where we played well in the first half) it’s quite understandable that some people were happy with the result at half time. 

We also had several disastrous away games in the past when we were a better team so any away victory will do for some people. 

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

McGinn easily MoM (and I'm not a fan). He had a stormer.

The ref was...........well ........the worst man on the park.

By some considerable distance.

Won the bookings as well 5-1, hardly a bad tackle in the game. Booking at the end was terrible, ref booked him then told the defender to move back which was what caused the booking 🤯🤯🤯

12 minutes ago, Marky said:

Depressing stuff.

An away win against a team above us in the group when we are missing several key players depresses you?

You must’ve been in a very dark place after Israel and Kazakhstan. 

It wasn’t exactly a brilliant performance but considering what has happened in the group so far I’d say it was an improvement. Hopefully we’ll improve further against Kazakhstan and get some much needed confidence for the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Won the bookings as well 5-1, hardly a bad tackle in the game. Booking at the end was terrible, ref booked him then told the defender to move back which was what caused the booking 🤯🤯🤯

The bookings for McGregor and Palmer were pathetic. The ref should be getting his baws booted by UEFA after that match. 

Think every one(me included) that had McKenna as a first choice defender had better start looking again.

Thought Palmer and Gallagher did well only problem with that is that I can't see them as any sort of long term plan. They get 20 caps each stopping others getting caps and we continue with a squad of no international experience.

Was Jack taken of at half time?

McGinn and Christie obvious players on the road to a lot of caps..

Every one else isn't good enough

3 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Uninspiring. 

Were you hoping for a 0-5 doing?

Belgium only beat them 0-2 in Cyprus. 

I thought we did pretty well considering everything. Full backs were pretty weak but we know our shortcomings there when Robertson and Tierney aren’t in the squad.