Scotland XI to play Cyprus - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland XI to play Cyprus

The_Dark_Knight

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Or you could look at it another way. 

A lot of people on here are living in the past and don’t realise or can’t accept that beating any international team (with the exception of the true minnows) away from home is a decent result. It’s a million miles better than Kazakhstan (who aren’t as good as Cyprus).

Not that we’ve won yet.....

Not sure how your post relates to mine??

It’s not living in the past to offer up evidence of how far we have fallen.

Strange response.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am one of the anti forrest brigade. Hes had the ball.plenty and is linking well with the other forwards 

Utter bollocks. 

He did very well in the build up to McGinn’s goal though. 

I’m not saying he was playing badly but he hardly had a touch in the first half. 

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Some people here need a reality check.

We are about as weak as we ever have been but winning away from home against Cyprus without many key players to boot. I'd love to know that equates to people severely criticising us.

With every respect CC - what's wrong with having standards?

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

With every respect CC - what's wrong with having standards?

We are where we are - our standard is very low just now. Confidence is low too. However, a scrappy win here helps on the confidence front and could help raise those low standards in the very long term as a result.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

He was saying Forrest had lots of touches and was linking up well with Naismith in the first half. I thought that was bollocks. 

Got it thanks,

I disagree - Forrest did very well with the little service he received in the first half.

I accept your opinion may be be different.

But bollocks? 

No.

Just now, Hercules Rockefeller said:

He's looked reasonable on the ball and good assist for McGinn's goal but Taylor's awareness is all over the place. Constant space available for the Cypriots on his side and takes him an age to realise he's too narrow.

Yes. I rate him quite highly, and overall has done well, but he's trying a bit too much there. And the Cypriots are finding space down the right quite easily.

Still for someone with very little match practice, he's done well.