Scotland XI to play Cyprus - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland XI to play Cyprus

The_Dark_Knight

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cyprus-vs-scotland-live-score-20893954

Marshall, Palmer, Gallagher, McKenna, Taylor, Jack, McGinn, McGregor, Forrest, Naismith, Christie

Subs: Subs: McLaughlin, MacGillivray, Shinnie. Fleck, Devlin, Morgan, Burke, Armstrong, Shankland, McBurnie, O’Donnell, Porteous

Probable formation:

Marshall

Palmer - Gallagher - McKenna - Taylor

Jack - McGinn,

Forrest - McGregor - Christie

Naismith

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

11 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cyprus-vs-scotland-live-score-20893954

Marshall, Palmer, Gallagher, McKenna, Taylor, Jack, McGinn, McGregor, Forrest, Naismith, Christie

Subs: Subs: McLaughlin, MacGillivray, Shinnie. Fleck, Devlin, Morgan, Burke, Armstrong, Shankland, McBurnie, O’Donnell, Porteous

Probable formation:

Marshall

Jack - McGinn,

Naismith

I like that team from what we have available. Although, hope that McGinn plays higher than McGregor not as you've suggested. Does his best work closer to the box, and McGregor looks after the ball better. 

8 minutes ago, Rscot said:

I would have preferred a back 3 and 2 up top, but it looks like Clarke and the whole Scotland set up can only envisage us playing with 1 CF. Also interested in seeing Taylor play,

Save it.

The majority of people here think we're suited to a four. If 17 years of shipping in goals hasnt convinced them otherwise, nothing will.

Must be nice having a proactive manager.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

37 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Probable formation:

Marshall

Jack - McGinn,

Naismith

With the exception of Naismith (I'd have gone for McBurnie) that's the side I'd have picked - so now I'm worried.  :(

There's a bit of a lack of height, outwith the defence, but there are plenty of players on-form in there.  Hopefully McGinn plays further forward than McGregor too, I think that's where he's more effective.

As has been the case for years and years and years, our midfield is at a reasonable level to compete, and our defence and attack are at a much lower level.

Answers on a postcard as to why our defence and attack are always so far behind our midfield in terms of quality, and how we solve this problem.

I think our defence and attack today are perhaps the lowest level ever to line up for Scotland? I’m willing to be corrected if that’s not the case.