Moving forward, what should be our system in defence? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moving forward, what should be our system in defence?

The_Dark_Knight

Defensive system going forward  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our defensive system?

• Three/Five at the back
    • Four at the back

23 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hark at Professor von Poll-Wank at it again with his surveys less than twenty people responded too.

Should get him on the new Family Fortunes.

"Andy Robertson in central midfield you say ? Our survey says ....."

Do you know anything about averages? How many people voted, 18? 16 for and 2 against. You could easily multiply that by 5 and it would've been 80 against and 10 for. Either way, it would've been roughly the same percentile.

What, you mean, the same survey that said no to three at the back? The reliability of a survey is dependant on the people who vote.

I'd gladly have Robertson in the middle of midfield over pretty much everyone we have. Easily.

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

I note that Rangers utterly dismantled a 3-5-2 at the weekend. I don’t necessarily think it was because 3-5-2 is a bad system, just that the players in it weren’t good enough.

Celtic? I didn't watch the match, or even the highlights, so I can't comment. I'm sure there were reasons for it.

It's not an exact science, though. Anyone could beat anyone on any given day. Ideally, Scotland would play with a back four, but our defenders and midfielders aren't good enough.

50 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Andy Robertson in central midfield you say ? Our survey says ....."

I remember when John McGinn broke through at St Mirren... As a left-back

He has the same engine as Robertson, same desire, same will to win. It's no coincidence that both are in a top league. Robertson is our James Milner. He could play in any outfield position.

When Roberson was at Hull their fans were comparing him to Gareth Bale and were convinced that he'd end up as a winger or an attacking midfielder.

It appears to be a modern Scottish trait to mock everything the least bit creative and to tear things apart, rather than construct and use imagination. Thank God our descendants didn't have the same toxic, negative and defeatist attitude.