Your Team To Play Cyprus? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your Team To Play Cyprus?

Guest ElChris04

38 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Marshall

Devlin.      Porteous.    McKenna

Forrest.        Jack.      McGregor      Taylor

McGinn.

McBurnie.    Naismith

I'd be fine with that.

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Marshall

McGinn.

McBurnie.    Naismith

Same formation as mine bar Devlin,McGregor,Naismith starting. 

tbf Naismith makes more sense over Shankland, but Christie is a mainstay in the team and should not be benched. 

30 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Same formation as mine bar Devlin,McGregor,Naismith starting. 

tbf Naismith makes more sense over Shankland, but Christie is a mainstay in the team and should not be benched. 

I'm not completely struck on Devlin and if Cooper was fit I'd have played him with Porteous and McKenna either side of him. I've not seen any of Gallagher to form an opinion on him. I would also seriously consider dropping McGregor as he just hasn't been the same player he was a year or so ago but I still think there is a good player there. Tbf it was a toss up between Naismith and Christie and even as I type this I think I've maybe made a mistake here as Christie has been outstanding this season and probably merits a place ahead of Naismith, but then Naisy brings experience, character and goals and I'd like to see McBurnie play with a strike partner up top, be happy with either though

Guest ElChris04
12 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

I'm not completely struck on Devlin and if Cooper was fit I'd have played him with Porteous and McKenna either side of him. I've not seen any of Gallagher to form an opinion on him. I would also seriously consider dropping McGregor as he just hasn't been the same player he was a year or so ago but I still think there is a good player there. Tbf it was a toss up between Naismith and Christie and even as I type this I think I've maybe made a mistake here as Christie has been outstanding this season and probably merits a place ahead of Naismith, but then Naisy brings experience, character and goals and I'd like to see McBurnie play with a strike partner up top, be happy with either though

I’d drop mcgregor, put Mcginn in his position and put Christie in CAM role. That what we have our 2 best attacking players and workhorses in the team. As a Celtic supporter I can assure you like you said McGregor definitely hasn’t been the same player this season and needs a good rest to get back to his best. He’s not someone we should rely on right now. Christie for me is a mainstay in from right now. Our best attacking player currently on form. 

55 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

I’d drop mcgregor, put Mcginn in his position and put Christie in CAM role. That what we have our 2 best attacking players and workhorses in the team. As a Celtic supporter I can assure you like you said McGregor definitely hasn’t been the same player this season and needs a good rest to get back to his best. He’s not someone we should rely on right now. Christie for me is a mainstay in from right now. Our best attacking player currently on form. 

Hmm well going by that regarding McGregor I would probably give him a rest right now and put Fleck in beside Jack. McGinn must play further forward for me, but I would also play Christie now you have twisted my arm on that up beside McBurnie as he probably deserves his place

18 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Marshall

McGinn.

McBurnie.    Naismith

Porteous has done imo nothing to suggest he should be there. Gallagher every day of week on present form. id then swap mcgregor for armstrong and christie for mcburnie. 

6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

People picking 3 at the back for these matches and so many not picking 3, going forward, is rather disingenuous, if you ask me.

Half our squad is missing, this what to do with what is left. Bad enough when we don't have a right back now we don't have a left back either. Simple answer don't play with full backs.. And don't bother with any we don't have a keeper or any forwards either reply

If your question on the other thread had been what do we do this week the poll would have been totally different 

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Half our squad is missing, this what to do with what is left. Bad enough when we don't have a right back now we don't have a left back either. Simple answer don't play with full backs.. And don't bother with any we don't have a keeper or any forwards either reply

If your question on the other thread had been what do we do this week the poll would have been totally different 

We only have one first choice centerback missing. We never have a righ back, even when we have a right back. And we have Taylor.

Essentially, centrally, wer'e just as strong now as we are when Souttar is fit, as Porteous is a better defender than Souttar.

8 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

We only have one first choice centerback missing. We never have a righ back, even when we have a right back. And we have Taylor.

Essentially, centrally, wer'e just as strong now as we are when Souttar is fit, as Porteous is a better defender than Souttar.

You actually rate Taylor.

And Cooper at this stage in their careers is better than Souttar or Porteous . In fact Tirney would make a better central defender than either of them.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You actually rate Taylor.

And Cooper at this stage in their careers is better than Souttar or Porteous . In fact Tirney would make a better central defender than either of them.

He's one of the Scots to score against Brazil, at any level, so yes. People have short memories. He actually did well with Kilmarnock. Does no one remember that?

Souttar is the best in the air, Porteous is the best on the deck at raw defending. If Leeds get promoted Cooper he'll end up like Hanley i.e out of the team.

15 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He did well with Kilmarnock kind of defies your usual argument 

What's my usual argument?

That the SPL is garbage?

I think Taylor, as well as a few others in the SPL, could play at a higher level.

I agree that Tierney is a better defender than all of them, but you know as well as I that we can't trust him.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

I doubt he gives a hoot about stats, but if we win these two games, Clarke will have a 50% win rate as a boss and considering the start we've had, it was been a wee bity of momentum for March.

I can see it being 1-1, but this is a decent test for us to see where we are. They'll be aiming for third too and win gets them that.

20 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I doubt he gives a hoot about stats, but if we win these two games, Clarke will have a 50% win rate as a boss and considering the start we've had, it was been a wee bity of momentum for March.

I can see it being 1-1, but this is a decent test for us to see where we are. They'll be aiming for third too and win gets them that.

Exactly

We absolutely need momentum

And, at least, Tierney and Fraser, if not Robertson, don't care about that

I think Robertson deserves a break from criticism. It's been documented that he hasn't even been able to train for a while, he's even been subbed off a few time in order to manage his injury.

The lad showed up with the squad to show his support.

Our matches for a while are just about building and discovering new players, etc. If these matches ended his season, that would be s travesty for him. He's on course to win his first EPL title, and who knows, maybe another European Cup medal.