Euro 2020 Playoffs - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2020 Playoffs

The_Dark_Knight

Playoffs  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish in the playoffs?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th

This poll is closed to new votes

37 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I don’t get the apathy either. Ok so we’ve hardly set the heather alight in this campaign but since Clarke took over we have beaten who we’ve been expected to beat and we’ve lost to who we’ve been expected to lose to. We have lost heavily but we won’t be playing anyone nearly as good as Belgium or even Russia in the playoffs.

We’ve clearly got problems but that doesn’t mean we can’t win two playoff matches against teams similar in quality to ourselves and make a tournament for the first time in 22 years.

In March we will be playing our biggest match (hopefully matches) since 2003. We need to get behind the team and fill Hampden to the gunnels and make it an intimidating place for whoever we get. 

I don't regard qualifying for the Euros as any thing, half of Europe qualifies.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

I don't regard qualifying for the Euros as any thing, half of Europe qualifies.

We haven't qualified for a tournament in 10 attempts. Qualifying for a tournament would be an achievement for this squad..

2 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

See Bulgaria beat the Czechs, not the pushovers we were hoping for in the playoffs

I think folk are getting carried away looking at possible final opponents. As it stands we may play Bulgaria or Israel or Romania at home on a Thursday night at hampden and I can’t recall Scotland ever winning any game on a Thursday night if we’re being superstitious about it. Recent Thursday night games that spring to mind? The euro 2016 Poland game? Kazakhstan 3-0? Russia 2-1?

There you have it then, we’re getting pumped out in the semi’s. Ian Crocker can ready all of his most sarcastic fuckery lines ahead  of time for this.