22nd November - draw - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

22nd November - draw

Bonny79

Draw on 22nd Nov is to decide who will be the home team in the play off final. i.e, "winner of semi 1 plays winner of semi 2" etc.

We're likely, maybe certain to be, at home for our semi which given our away record is an advantage. We' really nee a home draw for the final as I can't see us winning a do or die game away from home against a team of any sort of ability. 

Definitely guaranteed a home semi. The final is reliant on the luck of the draw so straight 50/50.

If there does happen to be any jiggery pokery surrounding the draw for this (it’s not as if UEFA doesn’t have form for ensuring a “preferred outcome” when it comes to “random” draws....) then let’s hope it is that they would prefer as many hosts as possible to qualify....

2 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Definitely guaranteed a home semi. The final is reliant on the luck of the draw so straight 50/50.

If there does happen to be any jiggery pokery surrounding the draw for this (it’s not as if UEFA doesn’t have form for ensuring a “preferred outcome” when it comes to “random” draws....) then let’s hope it is that they would prefer as many hosts as possible to qualify....

Correct.   The play off draw of 2009 

On 11/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, DaveyDenoon said:

Do you have any evidence to back up that potentially-slanderous conspiracy theory?

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

France vs Ireland. Scotland vs Italy.

Think you re alluding to that award at end of italy game ; that should of been a foul to us ? In any case tho what i recall is a draw was no good for us - had to win? Italy getting a winner that late on just rubbed salt in the wounds

damage was done in Georgia

38 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Think you re alluding to that award at end of italy game ; that should of been a foul to us ? In any case tho what i recall is a draw was no good for us - had to win? Italy getting a winner that late on just rubbed salt in the wounds

Then Georgia again 8 years later 

49 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

A draw would’ve been good enough for us had Ukraine beat France that midweek. Think France won 2-0 anyway. 

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Not really, the ref gave us fuck all that full night.

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Was there not some noise about baz being offside for his goal ?

am only going from memory ; and only saw it on tv in the pub

Ferguson was indeed offside.  Although McCulloch should have burst the net with the initial shot.

Italy also had a perfectly good goal disallowed which would've made it 2 nil.

12 years ago yesterday btw...

Edited by Toepoke

16 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Ferguson was indeed offside.  Although McCulloch should have burst the net with the initial shot.

Italy also had a perfectly good goal disallowed which would've made it 2 nil.

12 years ago yesterday btw...

Thanks for that

time flies......

i dropped into an irish bar in calgary to watch it ; ended up sitting with couple of rangers fans ; decent guys , ended up meeting up with them a few times after ; which culminated with full breakfast and sampling of home brew collection at one of their houses for the iwuelmo miss v norway game

am struggling to sit thru 7 mins of youtube highlights v cyprus these days.....