Andrew Robertson - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Andrew Robertson

The_Dark_Knight

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

That's what I thought too, but Gallacher didn't get a medal as he only played once for Blackburn the season they were champions (broke his leg in his first game back after a broken leg!)

The other 3 are correct though. 

Scott Marshall?

5 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Scott Marshall?

Good guess. Had forgotten about him, but according to wiki...

"He made three league appearances as Arsenal won the 1997-98 Premier League, however this was not enough to qualify for a winners' medal."

20 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Good guess. Had forgotten about him, but according to wiki...

"He made three league appearances as Arsenal won the 1997-98 Premier League, however this was not enough to qualify for a winners' medal."

Hmm.

Darren Ferguson?

As I alluded to earlier, it's pretty depressing when you consider in the three 1990s seasons prior to the Premier League starting, 5 Scots won championship medals.

It's taken 28 seasons to equal that!

Edited by Toepoke

19 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

As I alluded to earlier, it's pretty depressing when you consider in the three 1990s seasons prior to the Premier League starting, 5 Scots won championship medals.

It's taken 28 seasons to equal that!

Suppose that's another question.

Strachan, McAllister, Nicol, Gillespie?  Not sure who the 5th would be assuming these 4 are right.  Hansen?  Was he still in the Liverpool team at that time?

10 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Suppose that's another question.

Strachan, McAllister, Nicol, Gillespie?  Not sure who the 5th would be assuming these 4 are right.  Hansen?  Was he still in the Liverpool team at that time?

Pretty sure Hansen got a medal. Not so sure about Gillespie. Houghton?

Yes. 

Hansen, Gillespie and Nicol at Liverpool in 1990.  Dalglish played too but not enough to win a medal (as a player).

Strachan and McAllister at Leeds in 92.

I guess if we made it Scots born players Houghton would be number 6 on the list.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Correct!

Made 15 appearances for Man Utd in 92-93.

I'd have been guessing all night and never got him!

I remember hearing a story about him coming on as sub in their final game of the season, quite unexpectedly, because he hadn't featured much. After the game Fergie Senior explained that Darren's maw would have given him pelters if he'd deprived their son of a winners medal! :lol:

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

That's what I thought too, but Gallacher didn't get a medal as he only played once for Blackburn the season they were champions (broke his leg in his first game back after a broken leg!)

The other 3 are correct though. 

I'm a page behind so my link with answers was a bit late - hence edited.

Edited by fringo

After looking at Ryan Frasers wage on the other thread I checked Robbos, looks like hes only on 50k a week, I'd be demanding far more if i was him, VVD is on 180k guys like Llalana, Ox, Kieta and Lovern all around 100k and not even close to as important as him.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:41 AM, Kirk said:

After looking at Ryan Frasers wage on the other thread I checked Robbos, looks like hes only on 50k a week, I'd be demanding far more if i was him, VVD is on 180k guys like Llalana, Ox, Kieta and Lovern all around 100k and not even close to as important as him.

If I was on $50K a week and my team were the reigning champions of England, Europe and the World.. I wouldn't have to much cause for complaint.

There's always going to be someone you know with a bigger wage/ better hairstyle/ shinier car but what's the worry if you don't hate what you already have?

Edited by COLT NY

6 hours ago, COLT NY said:

If I was on $50K a week and my team were the reigning champions of England, Europe and the World.. I wouldn't have to much cause for complaint.

There's always going to be someone you know with a bigger wage/ better hairstyle/ shinier car but what's the worry if you don't hate what you already have?

I don't disagree with you, and I clearly I'd be happy with what he is earning and they will have bonuses etc for winning the league, but I still think you also need to feel your valued and him and TAA should both be offered new improved contracts as what they are earning in comparison to some of the squd players is pretty poor. I can understand VVD Henderson etc being high up as one was a huge signing and the other is the captain. 

When I was a young kid we had a timeshare in Portugal at the same place as Houghton. Our families became holiday friends. I remember being so confused when my dad told me he played for Ireland, because I was like "but he sounds like us!"

I have learned a lot since then.

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Liverpool have just signed a left-back from Olympiakos for 11.7M, a Greek international.  Not sure what to make of that.  Seems a hell of a lot of money just to be an understudy.

He’s been bought as a back-up.  Liverpool want 2 players per position, they’re alternative to Robertson is an ageing Milner. 

But yeah I think it’ll mean a bit more rotation for Robertson. Assume he’ll start 75-90%...so could be good for Scotland. 

10 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

He’s been bought as a back-up.  Liverpool want 2 players per position, they’re alternative to Robertson is an ageing Milner. 

But yeah I think it’ll mean a bit more rotation for Robertson. Assume he’ll start 75-90%...so could be good for Scotland. 

Aye it means he can get a well earned rest when needed as he puts in some shift and theyve had two solid years with a lot of fixtures. Also a bit of competition is always good.

18 hours ago, daviebee said:

Liverpool have just signed a left-back from Olympiakos for 11.7M, a Greek international.  Not sure what to make of that.  Seems a hell of a lot of money just to be an understudy.

Thats about 97p for an English team. How much would they want for Robertson, certainly over £50 million IMO.