Squad changes for Cyprus - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad changes for Cyprus

csinclair

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

You think you'll play at Euro 2020?

Fair enough. It's your opinion and I'll respect that.

We’re more likely to not qualify than qualify but this is still a very good chance to make it to a major tournament. I’d say a higher chance than at any other point since we qualified in 1998 as far as I am aware and a much bigger chance than qualifying for the 2022 World Cup.

And I’d like to think I could be called up but don’t think Steve Clarke scouts Tuesday night 5’s at Goals Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

We’re more likely to not qualify than qualify but this is still a very good chance to make it to a major tournament. I’d say a higher chance than at any other point since we qualified in 1998 as far as I am aware and a much bigger chance than qualifying for the 2022 World Cup.

And I’d like to think I could be called up but don’t think Steve Clarke scouts Tuesday night 5’s at Goals Aberdeen.

Fair enough.

Personally, i have no appetite for the playoffs, at all. I should be able to say as much without someone saying that I'm trolling.

If anything, I'd promote a bunch of players from the u17/19/21s and stick them in and see what they can do in the playoffs. It's either that or stick with the same players that have failed so spectacularly in their group.

We have at least one competitive game in March that means something, if you don't want to count these two games as meaning something. Win that 1 March game and we will have another competitive game. Win that and we will have 4 (or is it 3?) Euro group games. 

So we have 1 competitive game between now and the World Cup qualifiers as a minimum, likely 2 as we really ought to be winning that first march game. Beyond that is a bit of a stretch because Norway or Serbia will be a tough nut to crack at Hampden, nevermind if we are drawn away for that game. But we could have quite a number of competitive games before our world cup run kicks off. 

We have at least 1.