Curry - How Hot Can You Handle? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Curry - How Hot Can You Handle?

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Likewise. Made a mince and tattie (lamb and beef) curry last night with peas, peppers and chillies in it. Used some mixed pickle with garlic, ginger, coriander stalks and dried fenugreek blitzed into a paste for frying off with the onions and curry powder at the start. Need to keep it toned down a bit for the kids but got a choice of hot sauces to increase the heat for me. Tend to add tabasco or other hot sauce to most of my food.

Sounds delicious. You tried this place for hot sauces - https://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/? Some mental stuff on there. The Marie Sharp range is awesome, really tasty.

The Mrs Singh site I mentioned above has a new spice blend not long out for keema (mince) curries as well. Amazing flavour to it. You'd probably need to "fire" it up for your taste but the flavour is magic.

29 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I always enjoy going to an Indian restaurant with her in tow. I always get more as She can’t manage rice.... She’s basmatic. 

You keep trash talking her on here, don’t be surprised if she smothers you in the night with her pilau. We would miss you though. Hopefully another poster with a very similar posting style and equally as hun-hating would replace you.

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

You keep trash talking her on here, don’t be surprised if she smothers you in the night with her pilau. We would miss you though. Hopefully another poster with a very similar posting style and equally as hun-hating would replace you.

To be fair, you’ll not need to look far to find one of those. 😄

21 hours ago, Coldo said:

I bought the Curry Guy Cook book(the red one) and the food looks amazing, but the off putting bit is that a recipe may contain around 15 ingredients. However, each of those ingredients references another recipe within the book so it looks a bit of a faff. I know alot can just be bought (such as chill powder, Graham masala etc.), but it looks like you need to have a rath ere r large freezer as alot of the things are to be made in advance and used as required.

Will get round to doing one as they do look great though!

I couldn't find that particular curry guy. Are you sure it's Graham Masala?