Small things that make you happy. - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Small things that make you happy.

My light bulb argument is that the "wasted" energy in good-old-fashioned bulbs is not wasted.   We live in Scotland and any excess energy pumped out by your lightbulbs will mean that your central heating has to do less work, so the nett effect is zero.

And I'm including this heatwave.   Everybody's pished by the time it gets dark so bulbs are aff.   Speaking personally anyway 👣

On 6/1/2020 at 6:17 PM, dandydunn said:

You’re not buying the right type then. A 9w cool white lamp is much better than a 100w old one. 

And you’ll save the planet 🤣

You will never convince me about these new bloody bulbs no matter how you dress them up. I could light up Hampden on a winter evening  (very  dimly I may add) with all the shit bulbs I have. 

18 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

My light bulb argument is that the "wasted" energy in good-old-fashioned bulbs is not wasted.   We live in Scotland and any excess energy pumped out by your lightbulbs will mean that your central heating has to do less work, so the nett effect is zero.

And I'm including this heatwave.   Everybody's pished by the time it gets dark so bulbs are aff.   Speaking personally anyway 👣

Hear hear Jim !

35 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You will never convince me about these new bloody bulbs no matter how you dress them up. I could light up Hampden on a winter evening  (very  dimly I may add) with all the shit bulbs I have. 

Hear hear Jim !

That’s because you’re buying bad lamps

D3DCF5E4-5C63-41D4-87C5-E70CBA7A5A30.jpeg

23D8B015-09AB-453B-B0E6-2B11EB636EDC.jpeg

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 ok ok, to save the planet  I will try them. AGAIN.

Energy saving = bad

Energy efficient = good

Theyre led and light instantly, they don’t warm up like the top ones. 

Trust me, I’m a professional 😳

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, exile said:

What the thread's for, right? 😉

😂😂 yeah,  but I bet not everyone smiled.  Orraloon was probably  ragin that the elephant‘s trunk ruffled the guys head. No need for that touch feely stuff whatsoever . 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 yeah,  but I bet not everyone smiled.  Orraloon was probably  ragin that the elephant‘s trunk ruffled the guys head. No need for that touch feely stuff whatsoever . 

I think what I like about it is that it's so very "human" (in the good sense). It's not just some cute cuddly pet being cute and cuddly.

It looks like the thing a human would actually do for a lark.