Small things that make you happy. - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Small things that make you happy.

5 hours ago, phart said:

Made me laugh. I don't have kids but a lot of my best friends have young ones and i'm an uncle now and they're the best company and you get so many laughs. I can just imagine the reaction.

I love the random bits of information you get told when they see you.

Their ‘news’ jotters are highly entertaining . At least they were when my daughters were young. They have probably been banned now through fear of offending someone.  

I found this anniversary card my youngest made when us she was about 8. Out the mouths of babes and all that.

8BBBB6DD-2C87-458C-925B-DE9B644A4475.jpeg

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Their ‘news’ jotters are highly entertaining . At least they were when my daughters were young. They have probably been banned now through fear of offending someone.  

I found this anniversary card my youngest made when us she was about 8. Out the mouths of babes and all that.

Oh you can’t offend people nowadays. 

When I took my boy to his second Scotland game, he asked if he could draw a picture for his classmates to show where he was going. (We has to take them out of school as we were going to the Poland game and his mum & sisters were going to One Direction at the hydro)

Not a problem we thought, until we seen his picture. It was a guy in a kilt, with pipes (proper sized guy though, bigger than Simon Donnelly), saltires all over it and WE HATE POLAND written as hard as he could with his pencil 🤣🤣

We didn’t think he took it to school with him after we tried to say why it wasn’t nice, but he snuck it out and the teacher had a quiet word with us at the next parents night 😂

Another thing that came in his story time at school was from a Sunday evening. For some reason, he always wanted to try and help with the ironing when he was younger. One night, we relented and let him iron a towel (knew he wouldn’t damage that) and he obviously proceeded to burn himself. 

A couple of days later we got a phone call from the school, concerned about Matthew as he told his teacher in story time that he has to do all his own ironing at home and showed her the burn that he got recently. The better half was mortified having to explain that we didn’t need social services round to the house to check in his welfare 😳

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

lol a shrewd wean.

When my lad was at Primary School, they had a system where there was a bag of frozen peas that they wrapped in a tea towel for when kids took a knock. He was always getting bumped & bruised & hated having the peas on. 

So he turns up home one afternoon with a mother & father of a black eye - if you’d said Mike Tyson had stuck one on him I’d have believed it. It turns out him & his mate were playing planes & had a head on crash. We asked him about the peas & he assured us he’d done what he was supposed to.

Next evening, my wife - for the record a Child Protection Social Worker - gets pulled into the Head’s office for the “is everything all right at home?” conversation. It turns out he’d told the teacher that his sister had beaten him up so he didn’t have to own up to not using the peas. To make matters worse, his mate was sworn to secrecy so denied even playing with him when asked. 

Luckily for us, he crumbled eventually under interrogation & took a week’s detention & a matching black eye thorough telling off from me to rectify the matter.

Edited by Huddersfield

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, Orraloon said:

I reckon Tidy drew it herself.

I just noticed your post again when i posted about the sink. 
Made me laugh as I actually drew the below on Friday night on a zoom quiz. I was given the name of someone to draw and Mr Tidy had to guess who it was. This was my drawing. Can anyone  guess ? 

0B919177-071D-4762-B3B0-73289B7EBCDA.jpeg.3688704a3e305f16d09d5559e34f9089.jpeg

Edited by TDYER63

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

Currently watching Dortmund v Bayern Munich. Still enjoyable even without the atmosphere.

Canny be that enjoyable if you are posting on here.
I, on the other hand, have an ironing I am trying to avoid. 

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I just noticed your text again when i posted about the sink. 
Made me laugh as I actually drew the below on Friday night on a zoom quiz. I was given the name of someone to draw and Mr Tidy had to guess who it was. This was my drawing. Can anyone  guess ? 

0B919177-071D-4762-B3B0-73289B7EBCDA.jpeg.3688704a3e305f16d09d5559e34f9089.jpeg

Well you were obviously too pissed to stay upright.

And I think a psycologist might be a wee bit concerned about that drawing.

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Well you were obviously too pissed to stay upright.

And I think a psycologist might be a wee bit concerned about that drawing.

On the contrary , it was an early evening quiz and I was relatively sober. I will no make that mistake again,  we came in last. 

I am pretty sure a psychologist would evaluate it as reasonably normal expression of someone who has been locked up for over 2 months with Mr Tidy , in a never ending loop of cooking, washing up and zoom quizzes. 

Btw , I edited my post , I dont want people thinking we are texting each other 👀
I did of course mean ‘your post ‘, not ‘your text’.  

8 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Oh dear, Gretta Thunberg is on her way.

She will have to join the queue they are in demand 😁

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Bad woman for using them........😂😂

😈

I honestly hate these new bulbs. The only thing Brexit could be good for is bringing back 100 watt bulbs . 

Edited by TDYER63

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

She will have to join the queue they are in demand 😁

😈

I honestly hate these new bulbs. The only thing Brexit could be good for is bringing back 100 watt bulbs . 

You’re not buying the right type then. A 9w cool white lamp is much better than a 100w old one. 

And you’ll save the planet 🤣