Small things that make you happy. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Small things that make you happy.

7 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Discovering the greatness of a new album for the first time. Simple pleasures are the best! Nice thread by the way, hope it takes off.

You are right, simple pleasures are the best and often taken for granted. Music has to be one of them. 

If this thread doesn't take off I shall name and shame posters into contributing. There must be more to people than what side of independence they sit on 😊

6 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hiking and camping, 5 days into the Te Araroa in New Zealand, 3000km if I manage to get to the end. 

Watching videos of my 2 year old niece. 

Urgh, one mans pleasure is another mans poison as they say ( well , they dont actually say THAT I just made it up ) 

Good for you PIAK . As someone who has recently joined a gym and can barely run 3 km I doff my cap to you.
Can I ask, what do you enjoy most about living away from Scotland ( weather aside) .

I assume missing family is one of the downsides, though at least these days there are videos etc as you mentioned.

10 hours ago, WCTA said:

I absolutely love a good Joanna. @Bzzzz and I went to Dundee in March when I was back and he was up on the station’s Joanna. 
Not quite sure why a teuchter like me thinks Joanna sounds like piana but...... 😂

I thought you were talking about Mary Joanna.

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes, yes,  I know what you are thinking. Here she is again with another shite thread.
Well I don't care , I am fed up reading doom and gloom on here , and I have no even been on TA Specific with the news that Kieran Tierney isnt in the squad for the next 2 games.

I was just walking through Glasgow Central a short time ago. Rush hour had passed and there was a guy playing the piano, he was brilliant. I love that bloody piano, it really makes me smile. Infact it makes me so happy I often feel like bursting into song as I walk by.  Thankfully I have resisted the urge so far. 
And I never see people abusing it which in itself is a small miracle, the people who use it really can play. 

So, what small things make you happy ? ( apart from trains that run on time ...)

13 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I passed through Central in September and October and stopped for a listen both times.

On the first occasion, a lad was playing "Insomnia".

Who would have that could work on piano?

I pass through most days, some of the pianists are superb.

Some you'd never imagine in a million years would you think they were accomplished piano players if you walked past them in the street.

Central is superb for just sitting in a café/pub and people watching.

11 hours ago, WCTA said:

I absolutely love a good Joanna. @Bzzzz and I went to Dundee in March when I was back and he was up on the station’s Joanna. 
Not quite sure why a teuchter like me thinks Joanna sounds like piana but...... 😂

No I wasnt, I fkin HATE pianos! Pianos are just wooden Meatloafs. Fkin hate Meatloaf an aw. Hes a prick. I find his "music" offensive.

Edited by Bzzzz

9 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hiking and camping, 5 days into the Te Araroa in New Zealand, 3000km if I manage to get to the end. 

Watching videos of my 2 year old niece. 

I’m going on a 4 day hike down into the Colca Canyon in South Peru in January. 12,000 ft high it is. Twice as deep as the Grand Canyon. In and back out in 4 days. It’ll kill me but it’s going to be great. 😊

My four year old. 

We visited my wife’s family in Nepal during the half term for the first time since having the wee lass and to be honest I was absolutely petrified how she’d get on in a third world country.  She absolutely loved it, was in absolute awe with what she called the different world her mum is from and the consistency of her jobbies were ‘good to firm’ throughout.

When I got in from work on the Monday after she came running over and said: ‘Daddy, daddy we all had to tell one story from our holiday to the class so I told them…..’

I’m expecting she’s told them about her granny/ aunties or about seeing temples or mountains or the different world her mum is from but nope instead she told everyone - 

‘…….about that time we saw that buffalo do a massive poo in the street so everyone laughed – it was super cool!’

Class clown here we come!

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I pass through most days, some of the pianists are superb.

Some you'd never imagine in a million years would you think they were accomplished piano players if you walked past them in the street.

Central is superb for just sitting in a café/pub and people watching.

Yip. A guy was wearing a white trackie and baseball cap the other week and I am ashamed to say I  would never have thought he had such a talent for the piano. One of many reasons to never assume. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

When I'm walking for the bus in the morning, I'll untangle my headphones, the buzz I get from untangling them and having the right one in my right hand and the left one in my left hand is unparalleled.

Mox, I am honoured to have you post on my cheery thread. 

28 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

My four year old. 

We visited my wife’s family in Nepal during the half term for the first time since having the wee lass and to be honest I was absolutely petrified how she’d get on in a third world country.  She absolutely loved it, was in absolute awe with what she called the different world her mum is from and the consistency of her jobbies were ‘good to firm’ throughout.

When I got in from work on the Monday after she came running over and said: ‘Daddy, daddy we all had to tell one story from our holiday to the class so I told them…..’

I’m expecting she’s told them about her granny/ aunties or about seeing temples or mountains or the different world her mum is from but nope instead she told everyone - 

‘…….about that time we saw that buffalo do a massive poo in the street so everyone laughed – it was super cool!’

Class clown here we come!

😁 I imagine she easily won a star for  ‘news of the week’ . 

12 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Back on topic...

When our new next door neighbour's big daft breengey dug comes bounding across for a clap from his new bestie. Silly beast thinks cos his heid can get through part of their wrought iron gate so can the rest of him!

Reminds me of my dogs who go absolutely berserk at me when I come home. One of the best feelings ever. 😍

6C2FAF5B-3DF8-4558-9B45-4381A3F346A2.jpeg

Edited by WCTA

16 hours ago, WCTA said:

I’m going on a 4 day hike down into the Colca Canyon in South Peru in January. 12,000 ft high it is. Twice as deep as the Grand Canyon. In and back out in 4 days. It’ll kill me but it’s going to be great. 😊

Tremendous. 

Peru for hiking is on the list.

I’d offer training advice but my feet are blistered to fuck right now ha. 

19 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Urgh, one mans pleasure is another mans poison as they say ( well , they dont actually say THAT I just made it up ) 

Good for you PIAK . As someone who has recently joined a gym and can barely run 3 km I doff my cap to you.
Can I ask, what do you enjoy most about living away from Scotland ( weather aside) .

I assume missing family is one of the downsides, though at least these days there are videos etc as you mentioned.

My sister lives out here as well but I’d say we’ll both move back home, Scotland’s always home.

The ability to travel and see more of the world is why I’ve left, the reason I’ve stayed so long is a combination of better pay and a travel / work lifestyles that I could never get away with in Scotland. 

9BAF88FF-3C97-4BB7-85A4-EBFDFD53B242.jpeg