Small things that make you happy. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Small things that make you happy.

Yes, yes,  I know what you are thinking. Here she is again with another shite thread.
Well I don't care , I am fed up reading doom and gloom on here , and I have no even been on TA Specific with the news that Kieran Tierney isnt in the squad for the next 2 games.

I was just walking through Glasgow Central a short time ago. Rush hour had passed and there was a guy playing the piano, he was brilliant. I love that bloody piano, it really makes me smile. Infact it makes me so happy I often feel like bursting into song as I walk by.  Thankfully I have resisted the urge so far. 
And I never see people abusing it which in itself is a small miracle, the people who use it really can play. 

So, what small things make you happy ? ( apart from trains that run on time ...)

10 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I passed through Central in September and October and stopped for a listen both times.

On the first occasion, a lad was playing "Insomnia".

Who would have that could work on piano?

Welcome aboard the piano appreciation society Rich and for being the first person to post on my cheery thread 😊

Yes, I have no idea what the guy was playing tonight but it was far more interesting than anything on Tidy’s spotify playlist. There was actually a wee crowd round him. 

I love the idea of these train stations and airports etc setting up stuff like that too.

There's lots of great stuff on youtube from all round the world.

Here's one of many others I watched on some bored Saturday night in many moons back

When you get to an especially good point of a book, and i pause and run a bath and then settle into the bath to read it, bliss.

My 3 best friends from uni all have young kids now and whenever they're doing something they always want me to witness it, so they all start shouting "John" then i go across and watch them slide down somthing or climg somehting or whatever.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

In Dundee a few months back

That did make me smile . Did you notice the girl just over a minute in. She came down the stairs and just strolled across the thoroughfare barely lifting her head, like absolutely nothing is happening 😄

1 hour ago, fringo said:

I love the idea of these train stations and airports etc setting up stuff like that too.

There's lots of great stuff on youtube from all round the world.

Here's one of many others I watched on some bored Saturday night in many moons back

I am not quite sure how that one makes me feel .......🙂

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I absolutely love a good Joanna. @Bzzzz and I went to Dundee in March when I was back and he was up on the station’s Joanna. 
Not quite sure why a teuchter like me thinks Joanna sounds like piana but...... 😂

How did you get through border control into Dundee ?

21 minutes ago, phart said:

When you get to an especially good point of a book, and i pause and run a bath and then settle into the bath to read it, bliss.

My 3 best friends from uni all have young kids now and whenever they're doing something they always want me to witness it, so they all start shouting "John" then i go across and watch them slide down somthing or climg somehting or whatever.

Phart. That is your best post ever 😊

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That did make me smile . Did you notice the girl just over a minute in. She came down the stairs and just strolled across the thoroughfare barely lifting her head, like absolutely nothing is happening 😄

I am not quite sure how that one makes me feel .......🙂

😃 to the first quote

2nd one - cheery early morning commute. Just different to the daily routine. In case any trolls are reading I think it was Perth Australia. 😏

13 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I absolutely love a good Joanna. @Bzzzz and I went to Dundee in March when I was back and he was up on the station’s Joanna. 
Not quite sure why a teuchter like me thinks Joanna sounds like piana but...... 😂

Must have been interference in the overhead wires . 

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

😃 to the first quote

2nd one - cheery early morning commute. Just different to the daily routine. In case any trolls are reading I think it was Perth Australia. 😏

You can definetely rule out Paisley Renfrewshire .