Tierney - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tierney

Bobby Russell's Lovechild

21 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Anyone see the difference in Tierney's Twitter bio over his previous one when he was at Celtic? 

Screenshot_20191105-145954_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191105-150141_Twitter.jpg

He’s not interested if he’s not first choice. I’ve said before and I’ll say it again. Fuck Tierney, he should never wear that Scotland shirt again. 

Well, us fans deserve to know one way or the other. Is he committed to us or not? If he is then he should be made to get his arse up here right away or be withdrawn from his next club match. If not, well we know where we stand. Not like we've got a shortage of left-backs.

Him and his club are running rings round the SFA and making the lot of us look like muppets.

Interesting. 

The Adidas football athlete thing sticks out to me. 

A friend of man with the (mis)fortune of holding a season book for parkhead pointed out recently that his social media habits have changed dramatically since going to Arsenal. Tierney was, apparently, not very active on Instagram when he was a Celtic player but has been very active as an arsenal employee. 

The inclusion of the corporate sponsor as well makes me think this is more a case of tightly controlled corporate management on social media than a declaration of disinterest in playing for Scotland. 

If anyone in this day an age thinks players on an EPL or world stage have any say whatsoever in their media and online appearance, then I invite them to watch the screeds of interviews on Match of The Day of dozens of professionals all saying the same thing or at least having the same structured answers to every question.

Clubs and corporates have micromanaged the soul out of global football I'm afraid. Not too much to read into the bio.

That said, his exclusion is a bitter pill to swallow, exacerbated by the complete certainty that he will play at least 1 of Arsenal's upcoming 2 matches before the break. Mark my words

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

The inclusion of the corporate sponsor as well makes me think this is more a case of tightly controlled corporate management on social media than a declaration of disinterest in playing for Scotland. 

Maybe, but Adidas also have quite an interest in shifting many thousands of units of Scotland gear too

2 hours ago, WCTA said:

Agreed. Absolutely agreed

Based on what exactly? Are you saying the manager is lying and in fact Tierney has said, "I'm not coming unless I'm first pick'? 

Surely if Tierney had said that, Clarke would have used that as the explanation the press conference? 

Guest ElChris04

Steve Clarke really needs to tell arsenal where to go. There taking liberty of a manager who hasn’t got the backbone to stand up to them. KT was fit enough to play the last few weeks of games and a full 90 minutes away against palace but not fit enough to play 2 dead rubber international games?  And blame also lies at Tierney’s door.. as a Celtic fan he shafted us and now he’s shafting his Country which really is a final straw 

It really isn’t on. 

14 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Steve Clarke really needs to tell arsenal where to go. There taking liberty of a manager who hasn’t got the backbone to stand up to them. KT was fit enough to play the last few weeks of games and a full 90 minutes away against palace but not fit enough to play 2 dead rubber international games?  And blame also lies at Tierney’s door.. as a Celtic fan he shafted us and now he’s shafting his Country which really is a final straw 

It really isn’t on. 

In what way did Tierney shaft Celtic?

and these aren't dead rubber games, treating them as such is exactly what players like Tierney do. We have to win both to get 3rd and get some momentum/confidence going into the playoff

Edited by vanderark14

Guest ElChris04
9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

In what way did Tierney shaft Celtic?

and these aren't dead rubber games, treating them as such is exactly what players like Tierney do. We have to win both to get 3rd and get some momentum/confidence going into the playoff

I said they are dead rubber games due to the fact the group is gone and these are hardly high pressure games for Tierney not to play when just ay the weekend he played a full 90 minutes... 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

If he’s making demands to play left back when our team contains possibly the best left back in the world & he’s 4 games out of a pub league, he is off his heid.

If any single player makes any kind of demand regardless of how fit or good he is then he should be told to fuck right off there and then.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but playing today and no doubt at the weekend too is ripping the piss.

Clarke doesn't inspire confidence, TBH. I know times have changed, but I'd be calling KT or Arsenal to get the exact details and would be a lot more assertive than he was in the press conference today.

3 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but playing today and no doubt at the weekend too is ripping the piss.

Clarke doesn't inspire confidence, TBH. I know times have changed, but I'd be calling KT or Arsenal to get the exact details and would be a lot more assertive than he was in the press conference today.

In all my time here, for the first time, ever, the vast majority of us are on the same page. Playing for his club a day after Arsenal ask him to be excluded is unbelievable.

This is not a new thing. It's been going on for three years. Enough is enough. He, and Arsenal, are taking the rise out of the SFA and Steve Clarke.

This might be unpopular (or maybe it won't be), but i'd call Arsenal and tell them to tell Kieran Tierney that his services are no longer required.

Another thing that annoys me is that it's always "Arsenal asks the SFA". Apparently Tierney can't be bothered to call the SFA or Steve Clarke, himself.

Scotland have a history of alienating our best players,it’s one of a myriad of reasons why we’re consistently shite. 

Richard gough? Duncan Ferguson? Tbh I’d be very careful about this Tierney situation rather than telling him to gtf. We need him. 

Its very telling though and indicative of the fact now that it is no longer a secret- Our best EPL players don’t give a flying fuck about playing for scotland. They view it as an irritating injury risk in an already congested epl and European fixture list.

36 minutes ago, Scotsdeutsch said:

Scotland have a history of alienating our best players,it’s one of a myriad of reasons why we’re consistently shite. 

Richard gough? Duncan Ferguson? Tbh I’d be very careful about this Tierney situation rather than telling him to gtf. We need him. 

Its very telling though and indicative of the fact now that it is no longer a secret- Our best EPL players don’t give a flying fuck about playing for scotland. They view it as an irritating injury risk in an already congested epl and European fixture list.

I agree with that to an extent, we can’t afford to fall out with Tierney or Arsenal.

Ironically I’d suggest giving Andy Robertson 2 x 60 minutes or 1x 90 minutes due to his schedule, which would have given Tierney an opportunity.

Although I’d have liked to see us try a system that accommodates both for at least an hour across the games.

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I agree with that to an extent, we can’t afford to fall out with Tierney or Arsenal.

Ironically I’d suggest giving Andy Robertson 2 x 60 minutes or 1x 90 minutes due to his schedule, which would have given Tierney an opportunity.

Although I’d have liked to see us try a system that accommodates both for at least an hour across the games.

I wouldn't make any concessions for any player. Don't care how good they are. Robertson and McTominay are playing first team football for bigger clubs than Arsenal. You don't see them making demands. McTominay has started several matches for us on the bench.

If Tierney doesn't want to play for Scotland he should make it known. I just think he's a bit of a wimp, getting Arsenal to phone the SFA is akin to getting his mum to phone the school because he's 'sick".