Am willing to give Clarke time and a full campaign - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Am willing to give Clarke time and a full campaign

Bonny79

International football is slow in terms of seasons (takes 2 - 3 years to reset) so instant results and quick fixes are not going to happen.  

The guy needs a full qualifying campaign or 2 under his belt to see what he can do with these average players containing no stars.    Not his fault mcleish and call offs fked that start of this group, but we can be thankful he secured the play off last autumn.  

Go team Clarke.    Also remember to boycott the last 2 games of this group if you haven't already bought a ticket.  The SFA have enough cash as it is.  Ta

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

If we don't qualify or performances haven't improved he should be out at the first opportunity, which will probably be about five years going by the SFA's attitude to money

My point is why do we sack ppl so quickly. 

Usually I'm all for giving a manager a chance. I know how massive a job that Steve Clarke is and I know that his hands are tied, in so many ways.... however....

Steve Clarke just isn't progressive enough, nor is he proactive, from a tactical point of view. It's plain to see what has to happen, Strachan saw it and so did McLeish, but neither of them stuck to their convictions.

Steve Clarke just has to look at Sheffield United and how they are defying the odds in the EPL, whilst having zero players that you'd call a "star". I doubt he will, though. He'll probably do it at the end of his tenure, for one match, like his previous two predecessors did.