German fitba - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

German fitba

Went over to Berlin for the weekend there and went to Hertha vs Hoffenheim at the Olympiastadion. 

2nd time at a German league game (the previous was 1860 Munich about 12 years ago) and I've been to the last couple of Scotland games in Dortmund.

Everything about the match day experience is just brilliant in Germany. Well priced tickets, great atmosphere outside and inside the stadium. Great stadia and magnificent atmosphere created by the Ultras particularly. I know that the setup there is frequently applauded but it really is something else. Think we'll turn it into an annual event it is so good. 

Any other favourite German away days from fellow board members?

Edited by AlfieMoon

Took the wee man over to the Allianz in February for Bayern v Schalke (3-1). Totally different fan experience from anything here. The Bayern fans were piling in a couple of hours before ko and being able to drink meant that the pre-match is a kind of social event. 
After the game the Bayern players head over to the ultras who go through their full repertoire while the players watch in a huddle before joining in. 

Fitba done right with the fans treated well 👍🏼

Been over to Freiburg couple of times and love it there although they are moving out of their old stadium into a new one next season. Their stadium makes it for me as it’s real old school Upton Park style with unreal atmosphere. As you say their beer Garten outside is also terrific.

Went to Berlin derby 02/11/2019 firts derby in bundesliga 1 -- fantastic resuly for Union. The bad part of thegame was the behaviour of the Hertha fans with flares.

The atmosphere at the game was tremendous.

I was at the Olympicstadion to watch the derby when both teams were in Bundesliga 2--- again tremendous atmosphere and really enjoyable game. There was no problems before and after the game. 

I enjoy going to german league and cup games   -- Alt Foresteri has a great feeling, only down sixe it is a small  ground but they have plans to increase the ground.

Schale ground next for me.