Cormack Park - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cormack Park

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Uncle Dave trying a new initiative for the Scottish cup game. 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/12/24/stand-free-for-the-scottish-cup/

Cormack’s off to a good start. Let’s hope circumstances don’t force him to lose enthusiasm and that he’s rewarded with a good turnout.

• 2 months later...
On 12/24/2019 at 7:49 PM, wee-toon-red said:

Cormack’s off to a good start. Let’s hope circumstances don’t force him to lose enthusiasm and that he’s rewarded with a good turnout.

Announced tonight that this will be in place for next season. Hope it goes to plan. 

4 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Ffwd 10 years and will be tailgate parties pre game at westhill ; weather permitting...

Sounds great to me..barbecues, beer and fitba. Whats not to like? 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Weather permitting was what i read 🙄

In the average football season, how many days do you think weather will be permitting?

As well as trying to get home games on a Saturday night are you going to see if the league will allow you to play all your home games in August, September, April and May.   Even then, Aberdeen and all that...

3 hours ago, aaid said:

In the average football season, how many days do you think weather will be permitting?

As well as trying to get home games on a Saturday night are you going to see if the league will allow you to play all your home games in August, September, April and May.   Even then, Aberdeen and all that...

I was working outside in a T-shirt today. 12° at the height of the day. 

On 3/3/2020 at 9:51 AM, aaid said:

Funnily enough i used to live in the very east street in westhill / lawsondale which would now overlook the new development 

am not saying its got its own micro climate ; but you could often see the haar advancing off the coast some 7-8 miles away , and often youd get an inland reprieve to that temperature drop of a nice evening 

• 10 months later...

So after all the protests, feasability studies, building the training complex and battles with local councils............the city council now want the stadium built at the beach near pittodrie

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/council-aberdeen-fc-dons-stadium-hotel/amp/?utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Screenshot_20210122-124043_WhatsApp.jpg

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

So after all the protests, feasability studies, building the training complex and battles with local councils............the city council now want the stadium built at the beach near pittodrie

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/council-aberdeen-fc-dons-stadium-hotel/amp/?utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

That means it’ll still be getting talked about in 20 years time. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

As an away fan that gets my vote. 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Cant see that going through based upon objections from residents ; traffic, parking etc and from memory thats not a huge footprint of land ?

they burned the trams there i think in the 50s ?

hazy memories in early 70s of a whale on exhibition/ cut open ; or was that The Metro some years later ......

50 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Cant see that going through based upon objections from residents ; traffic, parking etc and from memory thats not a huge footprint of land ?

they burned the trams there i think in the 50s ?

hazy memories in early 70s of a whale on exhibition/ cut open ; or was that The Metro some years later ......

Parking wouldn’t be a major problem, they’re only moving a short distance, with many people parking at the beach anyway. 

The size of land is pretty significant, but I really can’t see it happening. 

447D6E25-2C5E-4D17-94F2-DF0A94A44374.jpeg