Cormack Park - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cormack Park

8 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

No clue about this guy. Whats the general mood ? Positive change ?? 

Seems to be pretty positive so far. He bankrolled the training ground and named it after himself 😂

The company that has also came on board apparently has an owner worth £5.5 billion. 

saw a news report on Atlanta recently - showing the new ground and big crowds - is a massive city 4mill plus i think - and bit different for the southern states in attracting folks from all over

i read recently that new Kingswells stadium was estimated at 45million ; think thats  what they're trying to raise

i dont claim to have any knowledge on construction/building costs in NE at moment - but seems low ? - considering RDS alone cost 4.5million back in early 90s from memory ? - i appreciate there were demo costs attached to old beachend too

16 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

No clue about this guy. Whats the general mood ? Positive change ?? 

He has extremely white teeth, a perma-tan and he named the training ground after himself. Not a brilliant start for me!  Could be our Charles Green/Craig Whyte - just hope he doesn't get bored. On he other hand, he brings in new and substantial investment, a hunger to compete and he seems rather well connected.  I like Stewart Milne (bar a couple of silly mistakes) he's done a fantastic job for the Dons but i think he is battle weary and is happy to step aside.

10 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

He has extremely white teeth, a perma-tan and he named the training ground after himself. Not a brilliant start for me!  Could be our Charles Green/Craig Whyte - just hope he doesn't get bored. On he other hand, he brings in new and substantial investment, a hunger to compete and he seems rather well connected.  I like Stewart Milne (bar a couple of silly mistakes) he's done a fantastic job for the Dons but i think he is battle weary and is happy to step aside.

Did he choose the name or did someone else decide to name it after him because he funded it? I haven't been keeping up with the situation

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Did he choose the name or did someone else decide to name it after him because he funded it? I haven't been keeping up with the situation

He part funded it - I believe his contribution was around £2M (not suggesting that is to be sniffed at and very generous of him, but he didn't fund the facility himself).  He very much chose the name himself.  

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

As funny as it is, he surely missed a trick not naming it after a club legend or Gothenburg related etc. One way off getting the fans onboard with little effort surely

Eddie Thompson naming a stand after himself at United rankled with a lot of us at the time and still does today. It should be renamed immediately 🤬

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

As funny as it is, he surely missed a trick not naming it after a club legend or Gothenburg related etc. One way off getting the fans onboard with little effort surely

Eddie Thompson naming a stand after himself at United rankled with a lot of us at the time and still does today. It should be renamed immediately 🤬

It’s the bawbag way in the States. I pay into a timeshare thing up and down the Americas. I have three local choices I give out when mates visit me. One of them you look right out of the window and this cunt’s handle is what you see. 🙈

E7E394A4-295B-4C4C-B238-CD6335765A36.jpeg

47 minutes ago, WCTA said:

It’s the bawbag way in the States. I pay into a timeshare thing up and down the Americas. I have three local choices I give out when mates visit me. One of them you look right out of the window and this cunt’s handle is what you see. 🙈

Awesome. 

Im coming to visit if I get to stay there 👍🏽

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Awesome. 

Im coming to visit if I get to stay there 👍🏽

That bawbag Aberdonian that you met. I put her up in it and it was like that Borat sketch when he walks in the room and does the “I’m the King of the castle” thing on the chair. It was a wee bit different from her Butlins trips. 😂

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

There’s a hun on twitter claiming it’ll be a conflict of interest so won’t last..........

Incase both teams qualify for Europe........🤣🤣🤣

Idiot probably thinks it’s Atalanta fae Italy 🤣

2 hours ago, WCTA said:

When I was in Chicago we were told that it’s against city regulations to have signage on building bigger than XXX and the only building that breaches it is Trump. Usurpingly it turns out Trump is mates with whatever City heedyin is in charge of enforcing that law and managed to somehow get round it..... 

17 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

When I was in Chicago we were told that it’s against city regulations to have signage on building bigger than XXX and the only building that breaches it is Trump. Usurpingly it turns out Trump is mates with whatever City heedyin is in charge of enforcing that law and managed to somehow get round it..... 

When I moved the name wasn’t on the building. The news for an entire week was all about the uproar at him having his name slapped on it. The city is historically pro-Democrat and he is hated within it’s boundaries. It’s why where I stay(25 miles outside) is total redneckville as they adore him. Kind-of why I can’t go for a pint without wanting to go all “RScot” on some cunt. 

16 hours ago, WCTA said:

When I moved the name wasn’t on the building. The news for an entire week was all about the uproar at him having his name slapped on it. The city is historically pro-Democrat and he is hated within it’s boundaries. It’s why where I stay(25 miles outside) is total redneckville as they adore him. Kind-of why I can’t go for a pint without wanting to go all “RScot” on some cunt. 

BKBRKE-920x584.jpg

10 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

has any plans been made for del boys pilgrimage to dubai in the winter break / jan shutdown ?

as was thinking they may think about a trip to georgia for training / hands across the ocean etc - mls season starts in feb 2020

Funny you should mention that.....

https://www.afc.co.uk/2019/11/27/dons-to-deliver-international-training-camp-in-dubai/