T20 Cricket World Cup - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

T20 Cricket World Cup

biffer

16 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes you must be. Scotland are now 75 for 2 from 10 overs. Coetzer just out for 41 playing an ill-advised shot. Scotland need 4.8 runs per over from here.

You're game seems to have played one more over than mine. 😉

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb stuff. Delighted about that, great to get to the top table. Can’t really express how happy I am about that!

Also means we qualify for the next tournament in Australia, no need for a qualifying tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt that those not understanding cricket will be hyper-critical of Scotland's showings but reality needs taken into account. 

Funding of cricket in Scotland is virtually nil. The national team have to train in a school sports hall training when convenient to school hours as they cannot afford their own facilities. There is no real infrastructure of leagues for players to be nurtured and brought through in the future and so they cannot be expected to realistically compete with the titans of the sport such as India, Pakistan, England, Australia etc etc. 

This post is in no way aimed at you Clootie Dumpling.