General Election 2019 - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I think you're mental, you know that, whats the point in saying something serious?

You're a soundbite poster, who answers nothing, incapable of any context with a penchant to linking to bizarre conspiracy theory crap. Boris Johnson offers more clarity that you do.

Happy?

Not really, I don’t think that’s a fair representation of my posts but there you go. 

11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not really, I don’t think that’s a fair representation of my posts but there you go. 

Pretty accurate representation from where I sit.    You've a tendency to make off the cuff comments and when challenged eith can't back it up or try and pass it off as "I was only joking"  

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

We shall agree to disagree then, but thats my take on your posts. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

Pretty accurate representation from where I sit.    You've a tendency to make off the cuff comments and when challenged eith can't back it up or try and pass it off as "I was only joking"  

Lucky I’m thick skinned ... 

Ill agree with the off the cuff comments to a certain extent but the “only joking” line was about the Rothchilds, but I do try and explain my position even if it’s “conspiracy” and not easily proven etc. 

Anyway, back into the bunker 

53 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Theres no difference in reality who wins the seat between the LDs and the Tories. The Tories will win a majority across the UK, the only joy in them winning this seat as opposed to the LDs would hopefully be seeing the gap toothed duo look miserable.

I know a couple of coffin dodging wankers in Leuchars, that I used to work with who voted LD, they hate the SNP, I assume they will vote Tories this time as the are rampant Brexiteer cunts. Every facebook post by them is either anti Sturgeon or anti Corbyn, despite being working class, they are sucked in by the Tory shiteola. 

Aye, it's those sort of coffin dodgers that give me a wee bit of hope in NE Fife. If there are enough (but not too many) LibDims who just want to get brexit done, and they move to the Tories, then Gethins might just sneak it. 

There are two Wendys on the ballot paper as well, which might also confuse some of them. I asked one auld geezer who he was voting for and he said he was voting for Wendy. I then heard myself saying "Wendy Who?".  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, it's those sort of coffin dodgers that give me a wee bit of hope in NE Fife. If there are enough (but not too many) LibDims who just want to get brexit done, and they move to the Tories, then Gethins might just sneak it. 

There are two Wendys on the ballot paper as well, which might also confuse some of them. I asked one auld geezer who he was voting for and he said he was voting for Wendy. I then heard myself saying "Wendy Who?".  :lol:

😂 Ormonds alter ego IMO.

These old bastards posted shite about Norway and Schengen in regards to the delay in Brexit, I asked one of them what Schengen was, and he didnt have a clue, absolute cretin moaning about something that he doesn't even remotely understand. Thats where we are now, people with entrenched opinions, so much so they will like, forward etc something that they have absolutely no understanding off.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

And yet all political parties are dedicating time to it. 

You are talking about something which barely gets a one line mention in a 52 page election manifesto. Most folk couldn't care less about it.

Would you not be better spending your time drawing attention to some real injustices in this country, like what's happening to Assange for example? 

13 minutes ago, kumnio said:

😂 Ormonds alter ego IMO.

These old bastards posted shite about Norway and Schengen in regards to the delay in Brexit, I asked one of them what Schengen was, and he didnt have a clue, absolute cretin moaning about something that he doesn't even remotely understand. Thats where we are now, people with entrenched opinions, so much so they will like, forward etc something that they have absolutely no understanding off.

Don't think there is any "IMO" required in there.:lol:

Edited by Orraloon

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Practically no one cares about this though, its nothing apart from a lunatic fringe issue.

The debate was whether it was politics not how many folk worry about it. It seems an increasing amount of woman are worried about it though especially in sports and the gay community.

Folk like Martina Navratilova and some various charities for gay people have spoken on it too.

You're confusing your thoughts about certain individuals who have spoken about it as being the entirety of people who have spoken about it.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

The debate was whether it was politics not how many folk worry about it. It seems an increasing amount of woman are worried about it though especially in sports and the gay community.

Folk like Martina Navratilova and some various charities for gay people have spoken on it too.

You're confusing your thoughts about certain individuals who have spoken about it as being the entirety of people who have spoken about it.

You’re confusing me with someone who gives a fuck about your patronising pish. 

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You are talking about something which barely gets a one line mention in a 52 page election manifesto. Most folk couldn't care less about it.

I agree that most folk couldn’t care less about it. Which makes the stuff going on within the SNP about it quite interesting. WOS has more info on that. 

And bizarrely not one person has discussed anything Phart and Thplinth have posted on this today. 

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Would you not be better spending your time drawing attention to some real injustices in this country, like what's happening to Assange for example? 

It’s only a football message board 

Anyway, Phart already has on here and it’s probably been ignored by most. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

And bizarrely not one person has discussed anything Phart and Thplinth have posted on this today. 

As far as I am aware it's not a general election issue. The only place I've seen it mentioned is on here and on Wings. And that one line in the SNP manifesto which hardly anybody will read anyway.

I only mentioned Assange as one example of something which should be, IMO, much more worthy of discussion during a general election campaign. Why is no political party prepared to speak out against what the British State is doing to him?

At the end of the day Wings over Scotland (obviously big independence supporters) need to put up or shut up.

They are voicing an opinion on the likes of the SNP which they are entitled to but if they feel they could ensure they could help bring independence any quicker to Scotland then get off their arses and form a party.

At present the SNP are the only ones in a position to politically push for independence and the only voting option (barring the Scottish Greens) who support independence. Wings over Scotland want independence but have no influence on it happening in any shape or form at present. 

I am not saying the SNP are perfect in any way but they are the ones standing up against Westminster's pro-union parties and for that they get my support.

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

As far as I am aware it's not a general election issue. The only place I've seen it mentioned is on here and on Wings. And that one line in the SNP manifesto which hardly anybody will read anyway.

I only mentioned Assange as one example of something which should be, IMO, much more worthy of discussion during a general election campaign. Why is no political party prepared to speak out against what the British State is doing to him?

It’s not, I suppose it was mentioned because of wings suggesting Sturgeon steps down, with her handling of this issue being one of the reasons. 

Moving on, maybe they agree with the handling of Assange? Or they don’t think the general public care about him anymore, not sure if many did in the first place. 

The window for debate with this (or any) election appears to be very narrow. 

52 minutes ago, kumnio said:

😂 Ormonds alter ego IMO.

It absolutely was not Ormond you cousin bawing Coagie fuckheid. 😂

I’ve seen posters ask why no one is speaking about xyz, as if it somehow backs up their opinion that no one cares about it, here’s an idea, if you think it’s something of issue, something worth discussing, start a thread, anyone can start one, it’s an easy process. 

Spamming existing threads, with unrelated nonsense is pointless. 

Edited by kumnio

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

If Renfrewshire north goes Tory I'm moving hoose!

Be careful, I moved hoose and unknowingly ended up in a Renfrewshire North’s  Tory heartland 😩 All 2000 of them. And me. 

On the bright side , canvassing in  Langbank returned 50% SNP which is a small miracle.