General Election 2019 - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

29 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The point is people get photographed with people. How many people got photographed gleefully with Jimmy Saville before the horrors of him got out. It does not mske those photographed with him a member of jis paedopholile club just like it does not make Donaldson a support of Nazism?

The point is that Donaldson knew exactly who he was getting a  photograph with. I'm sure hundreds if not thousands of people have had their photo taken with Salmond. Will they be keen to get their photo with him if he's convicted?  Knowing exactly who he is? and what he's done if convicted? No chance is the answer

9 minutes ago, Rohan said:

The point is that Donaldson knew exactly who he was getting a  photograph with. I'm sure hundreds if not thousands of people have had their photo taken with Salmond. Will they be keen to get their photo with him if he's convicted?  Knowing exactly who he is? and what he's done if convicted? No chance is the answer

Firstly, where is the confirmation that the photo is that of who you say? There is no confirmation anywhere. Second of all even if it was him when was it supposed to have been taken? Third of all what the hell has this to do with the modern day Scottish independence movement?

Edited by Caledonian Craig

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Any Scot that thinks Arthur Donaldson was a Nazi sympathiser, never mind peddle that myth, is more of a Quisling than that of which Donaldson was smeared with

I have seen you do the exact same for posting an article from Breitbart! Ha ha. Yet here you are defending a guy standing with hitler youth. I might agree with you but fuck helping you out in this rather amusing turn of events. Live by the smear die by the smear...

I have lost count of the number of people I have spoken to who have said they have no idea who to vote for in this election, from both north and south of the border. 

Many traditional Labour and Conservative voters south of the border seem to dislike the leaders of their respective parties but feel the Lib Dems offer nothing.

In Scotland many Tories dont like BJ, Labour is slowly dying, and the SNP are  in the ‘ offers nothing’ category for unionists.  

A young boy started in work a few months ago, he is a Labour voter but doesn't think Corbyn can provide what he says he will so is unsure whether or not to give him his vote. Whilst he is not at the stage of voting SNP ( he voted no in indyref) he said he will never vote Tory and that if the Tories get in again, and there is another scottish  referendum,  he is voting Yes.He also wants to stay in  the EU.

Whilst I still think BJ will unfortunately get his majority, if enough people stay at home or spoil their votes by way of protest, absolutely anything could happen in this election.  

How has Corbyn failed to capitalise on years of the worst Tory rule I can recall. Amazing. No way should the Tories be favourites. Same criticism can be legitimately levelled at the SNP. Scraping a few extra seats while support for yes is hardly moving is a pathetic result IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Rohan said:

So are you saying that Donaldson didn't pose for photos with Hitler youth?

" You're confusing taking a picture with folk with being an adherent of their political philosophy. "

No idea why you think what you do, there is no logical reason beyond antagonism.

5 hours ago, Rohan said:

Far too many people are politically homeless. The labour party are ran by activists and have long abandoned their working class routes that they once served. The Tories have at least always been cunts, Lib dems are an absolute joke, and the SNP have a dodgy past with former leaders from Arthur "seig heil" Donaldson to Alec "rapey" Salmond. They can all just fuck off 

Have they ever served the working class?

Most folk have way much more in common “politically” even the wealthy and the poor but politics is used to divide them and elections are just a circus. 

The Andrew Neil interviews seem to be a vehicle for one Mr Andrew Neil. 

Imagine, he has loads of notes to work with, with exact pre-prepared tax percentages and detailed cases of party members tweets etc trawled from the past, but expects his guests to be able to instantly recall the figures and answer them, but they he talks over their answers so they can't finish. Also, he throws in dubious 'facts' and slurs and allegations that are likely to throw anyone off balance. The result is almost guaranteed to make the guest look as if they are on the back foot.

It's all great political theatre, and Neil's sycophantic cult followers lap it up, but it doesn't generate much insight. A straight debate between two or three politicians would be better and fairer, with the chair there to keep the peace. 

Both Sturgeon and Corbyn had to deal with it and survive, as someone said of Sturgeon anyway, it was like an away score draw. Even if both of them 'lost', you can be sure Neil was trying to bring them down, deal them a mortal blow. But they survived, which is something. From the question time debate, I'd doubt Swinson and Johnson should do any better - unless he gives Johnson an an easy time, or Johnson chickens out. 

12 hours ago, exile said:

The Andrew Neil interviews seem to be a vehicle for one Mr Andrew Neil. 

Imagine, he has loads of notes to work with, with exact pre-prepared tax percentages and detailed cases of party members tweets etc trawled from the past, but expects his guests to be able to instantly recall the figures and answer them, but they he talks over their answers so they can't finish. Also, he throws in dubious 'facts' and slurs and allegations that are likely to throw anyone off balance. The result is almost guaranteed to make the guest look as if they are on the back foot.

It's all great political theatre, and Neil's sycophantic cult followers lap it up, but it doesn't generate much insight. A straight debate between two or three politicians would be better and fairer, with the chair there to keep the peace. 

Both Sturgeon and Corbyn had to deal with it and survive, as someone said of Sturgeon anyway, it was like an away score draw. Even if both of them 'lost', you can be sure Neil was trying to bring them down, deal them a mortal blow. But they survived, which is something. From the question time debate, I'd doubt Swinson and Johnson should do any better - unless he gives Johnson an an easy time, or Johnson chickens out. 

Completely agree Exile. I watched the NS interview because, as an SNP voter, I was interested in the interview.

I did not watch Jeremy Corbyns interview as I really have no interest in seeing Andrew Neil attempt to tear someone to shreds  for nothing other than some ghoulish satisfaction that the interviewee is a political opponent. I can guarantee I would have learned nothing whatsoever. 

Andrew Neil is more interested in promoting Andrew Neil, his interview technique is entirely predictable. He is to politics as Simon Cowell is to X factor. 

17 hours ago, thplinth said:

I have seen you do the exact same for posting an article from Breitbart! Ha ha. Yet here you are defending a guy standing with hitler youth. I might agree with you but fuck helping you out in this rather amusing turn of events. Live by the smear die by the smear...

1 - Context 

2 -

Image result for obsessed

On 11/26/2019 at 3:33 PM, Rohan said:

So the photo with him posing with Hitler youth wasnt him then?

DoK8cWVXcAEIPkw.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble but those 4 youths are in fact from the Dundee Cub Scouts, specifically the Stobswell pack. Thats a petrol pump in the background with SHELL written on it. Did you think it said SCHNELL ? 

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but those 4 youths are in fact from the Dundee Cub Scouts, specifically the Stobswell pack. Thats a petrol pump in the background with SHELL written on it. Did you think it said SCHNELL ? 

They might be Nazis in stolen uniforms? They look a wee bit too Aryan to be Dundonians.

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

I am not saying it is true but someone has actually created a very extensive website entitled shellnazihistory.com

Jeez... the evidence is damning.

He might as well been at Nuremberg blowing Hitler under the lectern at this point.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

thplinth 

On 9/20/2019 at 5:11 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

When was the last time I dragged you into one of my many pish posts ? ^?^

On 9/20/2019 at 7:28 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

thplinth

On 10/11/2019 at 12:10 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

thplinth

On 11/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

thplinth

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Thplinth

You are one odd fecker. All these posts you make referencing other board members (and not just myself)... The latest was the personal attack thread about bonny was it... You are like that snide little guy who is always trying to get a bitch fest going on someone.

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You are one odd fecker. All these posts you make referencing other board members (and not just myself)... The latest was the personal attack thread about bonny was it... You are like that snide little guy who is always trying to get a bitch fest going on someone.

Yeah I am a seriously odd fecker, no secret about that.

Thplinth, you are the only poster whom I actually enjoy being insulted by. It's a real honour :)

And you even stood up for bonny ! What a guy.

You never answered whether you are indeed 91 year old Alan Clark in hiding though <_<