General Election 2019 - Page 65 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

1 minute ago, Bonny79 said:

It's what ppl do when they have a lost an argument or have no points of their own. 

TBH I wouldn't mind normally but he recently had a go at me for for saying the 'cunts' who feed the trolls are just as bad as them... and here he is losing his temper with the same trolls, using profane language and calling folk 'pricks'. Sort your own house out before acting all lofty would be my advice.

I'll say one thing for you bonny at least you got a sense of humour.

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

TBH I wouldn't mind normally but he recently had a go at me for for saying the 'cunts' who feed the trolls are just as bad as them... and here he is losing his temper with the same trolls, using profane language and calling folk 'pricks'. Sort your own house out before acting all lofty would be my advice.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Excellent deflection - you of all people to accuse anyone of using profane language. 

You can start a flame war by keeping this going, or you can show a modicum of humility and dignity by arriving at a truce.

Your choice. Which is it to be?

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Excellent deflection - you of all people to accuse anyone of using profane language. 

You can start a flame war by keeping this going, or you can show a modicum of humility and dignity by arriving at a truce.

Your choice. Which is it to be?

I was just pointing out your hypocrisy. You are a massive offender when it comes to feeding the trolls. Then suddenly when things dont go your way with them swearing and abuse at them is just fine. You had a go at me for telling you not to reply to them. Why do you keep feeding them? You seem to need them.

6 hours ago, aaid said:

Are you now prepared to accept that Glasgow isn't going back to Labour any time soon?

One thing that the SNP have traditionally found difficult has been to translate their underlying support across the country into seats at UK elections, with certain geographical exceptions which now ironically appear to have "deserted" them.

A lot of that has to do with a struggle to appear relevant in a contest that is always going to be between the Tories and Labour and FPTP has really been their enemy.

Undoubtedly Holyrood has helped hugely as that's given them a voice both in opposition and in power and has gotten more people into the habit of voting SNP whereas in the past they'd have voted Labour most likely.

You saw this between the two SNP Holyrood victories in 2007 and 2011, in the 2010 GE, they got 20% of the vote and only 6 seats, whereas Labour got 41 seats off 42% of the vote.

That's all changed since 2014 of course and now FPTP is their friend as they're the only party for the 50% or so who support Indy.

The other difference is that they've shown themselves to be a very effective party of opposition in Westminster, certainly more effective than the official opposition, so the issue of relevance is no longer the problem it once was.

Erm i am not sure i never stated it would go back labour, however  its not a time to play with electorate and become cocky, we have fought hard to regain these seats so lets not get complacent 

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I was just pointing out your hypocrisy. You are a massive offender when it comes to feeding the trolls. Then suddenly when things dont go your way with them swearing and abuse at them is just fine. You had a go at me for telling you not to reply to them. Why do you keep feeding them? You seem to need them.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Feeding trolls? Who are they then?

Your fascination with my posts over the last couple of years is becoming creepy.

I've no interest in having a go at you or your friend Rossy or anyone else. I can accept a different viewpoint, but when it becomes personal, as it has done in this case, then everyone needs to take a step back.

It's a football fans' message board not the Tablets of Stone that Moses brought from the mountain.

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Erm i am not sure i never stated it would go back labour, however  its not a time to play with electorate and become cocky, we have fought hard to regain these seats so lets not get complacent 

I'm sure it was at the same time you said the NE would turn back yellow again but I'm only pulling your leg.  Nothing to be gained by taking any vote for granted.

Hmmm...  when you click 'All Activity' all posts come up including yours. These were very noticeable to me for the high levels of personal abuse and swearing. That made me think you were a hypocrite for complaining to me. It is really not that hard to work out. 

Rossy hated me so I think you are bit stupid at this point.

If you are saying lets never ever interact again... I accept that deal. Merry Christmas Barney.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Hmmm...  when you click 'All Activity' all posts come up including yours. These were very noticeable to me for the high levels of personal abuse and swearing. That made me think you were a hypocrite for complaining to me. It is really not that hard to work out. 

Rossy hated me so I think you are bit stupid at this point.

If you are saying lets never ever interact again... I accept that deal. Merry Christmas Barney.

Says it all really.

Glad to have that conclusively sorted.

50 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I do try.  Gotta get my point across 🤗

Just been hearing about that seriously dirty campaign the Tories had been waging in Lanark & Hamilton East. They definetly played the "orange card" and went out of their way to remind voters in certain areas of the constituency that the SNP's Angela Crawley is a Catholic.

Tellingly, Crawley had this to say about the Labour candidate but not the Tory one.

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

The penny finally drops.

I’m not sure the penny has dropped at all. Still striking out at the SNP in the final paragraph. The listening exercise is just a common sense thing to say but the rest of the statement seems riddled with confusion. 

It’s just a typical empty statement to me - hinting at some sort of devo max +++ , and of course the need for a Scottish Labour Government to address the ills of SNP failures. 

40 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I’m not sure the penny has dropped at all. Still striking out at the SNP in the final paragraph. The listening exercise is just a common sense thing to say but the rest of the statement seems riddled with confusion. 

It’s just a typical empty statement to me - hinting at some sort of devo max +++ , and of course the need for a Scottish Labour Government to address the ills of SNP failures. 

It's a recognition that the status quo is not sustainable and that's a start.  Although it doesn't mention anything in there about dropping their opposition to a second referendum, there's been enough comments over the weekend, in particular from people close to the leadership that that's not a sustainable position anymore, so I'd expect that to follow.

Nobody should be fooled that there's been any form of Damascene conversion to Independence from Labour - and no doubt this is driven primarily by reasons of self-interest or even self-preservation but any softening from any of the opposition needs to be seen as a positive.

i suspect they'll probably try and push some form of devomax or quasi-federal solution but there's a couple of problems with that, it's not a feasible proposal within the constraints of the UK and there's no real enthusiasm for it anywhere else.  Even if it were deliverable, they're in no position to deliver it anyway.

If they ever go the full way and fully support Indy - which I can't see happening - surely another party putting forward a different vision for Indy is no bad thing and the more Indy starts to look like a cross party project the more difficult it becomes to argue against it.