General Election 2019 - Page 38 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

59 minutes ago, phart said:

My Gran's not voting for the first time in 70 odd year. Just off the phone with her (i'm choked with cold so staying away) to arrange when we're going down. Says she can't pick anyone.

It's a wee bit sad for me even though she'd just vote labour, she always voted every election. Although someone might vote for her anyway.

This does seem to be an election too far, people just seem scunnered with it. Th UK has effectively been stuck for what 40 months, unable to move on, its just tedious now. Get the Tory majority out of the way, get whatever shambles Brexit is done, then we can start the infighting again.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP need to stop fucking mitigating Tory policies in Scottish Constituencies that vote Tory

They also need to fucking withdraw the free prescriptions, dental check ups, eye exams, personal care, hospital parking et al if it's legally possible 

Too many cunts are hiding behind the SNP and voting Tory 

Stop whingin'. Get aff yer erse and do something about it. 

Nicola told me to pass on that message. She is too busy to speak to you herself.;)

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only If he agrees to IndyRef2 as part of any coalition with the SNP.

Otherwise I couldn't care less who in charge of Westminster.

Strange comment. 

Weird to say you "couldn't care less" when the two options are so diametrically opposed ideologically and when so many vulnerable people will be much worse off under a Tory government. 

Isn't a fairer, more caring country why you want independence? Seems to contradict the "couldn't care less" comment. 

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Fingers crossed for a Jeremy Corbyn led UK government from Friday onwards. 

Cant see it happening. Boris has it wrapped up, he does as he pleases and gets away with it. The attitude down here seems to ge 'but corbyn would be worse'

Just now, Parklife said:

Strange comment. 

Weird to say you "couldn't care less" when the two options are so diametrically opposed ideologically and when so many vulnerable people will be much worse off under a Tory government. 

Isn't a fairer, more caring country why you want independence? Seems to contradict the "couldn't care less" comment. 

I knew you'd say that.

If Labour want a fairer society they'd let Scotland vote on their future. As it is, we could get a Labour government for 1 or 2 terms until England decide to vote Tory again and we are back to square one.

Of course I want a fairer society, however, unlike England, Scotland has a government that is at least trying to achieve that.

Scottish Labour have voted, only recently with the Tories to prevent bills going through to help create this society, so pardon me for being sceptical of Labour, especially up here.

I do hope they win though but they will need to compromise. If they won't do a deal with the SNP on a referendum then I repeat, I couldn't care less who's in charge down south.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Cant see it happening. Boris has it wrapped up, he does as he pleases and gets away with it. The attitude down here seems to ge 'but corbyn would be worse'

It's a shame that swathes of the UK population (many like some of those on here who know much better) have allowed a completely false narrative about Corbyn to become almost accepted "fact". 

You reap what you sew. Unfortunately it's the most vulnerable who'll pay for it. 

Just now, Parklife said:

It's a shame that swathes of the UK population (many like some of those on here who know much better) have allowed a completely false narrative about Corbyn to become almost accepted "fact". 

You reap what you sew. Unfortunately it's the most vulnerable who'll pay for it. 

Couldn't agree more. 

Considering the UK media are near 100% complicit in spreading the lies about Corbyn (and the Labour party to be fair)  I can forgive the average mug for believing there must be something to it (there is not).

The people who you should be lambasting are the people who are knowingly smearing him (for the benefit of another nation) and in doing so are subverting democracy here and inflicting a cunt infested tory government on, as you point out, those most vulnerable. It is really disgusting.

Corbyn was weak however, he should never have caved in to them, he should have defended that arsehole Ken Livingston and he should have told them to ram their sinister definitions up their hole.

Sad state of affairs.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

This does seem to be an election too far, people just seem scunnered with it. Th UK has effectively been stuck for what 40 months, unable to move on, its just tedious now. Get the Tory majority out of the way, get whatever shambles Brexit is done, then we can start the infighting again.

My options are terrible in east hants so I've decided not to vote. First time I've not voted since I was old enough.

45 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I knew you'd say that.

If Labour want a fairer society they'd let Scotland vote on their future. As it is, we could get a Labour government for 1 or 2 terms until England decide to vote Tory again and we are back to square one.

Of course I want a fairer society, however, unlike England, Scotland has a government that is at least trying to achieve that.

Scottish Labour have voted, only recently with the Tories to prevent bills going through to help create this society, so pardon me for being sceptical of Labour, especially up here.

I do hope they win though but they will need to compromise. If they won't do a deal with the SNP on a referendum then I repeat, I couldn't care less who's in charge down south.

So you only want a fairer society for all (including in Scotland btw), if it comes with a 2nd Indy ref? 

To say you couldn't care less about what the UK government is, with the impacts on vulnerable people that will come with that, isn't something I can agree with at all. 

I say all of this as a pretty strong supporter of Independence. 

31 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Considering the UK media are near 100% complicit in spreading the lies about Corbyn (and the Labour party to be fair)  I can forgive the average mug for believing there must be something to it (there is not).

The people who you should be lambasting are the people who are knowingly smearing him (for the benefit of another nation) and in doing so are subverting democracy here and inflicting a cunt infested tory government on, as you point out, those most vulnerable. It is really disgusting.

Corbyn was weak however, he should never have caved in to them, he should have defended that arsehole Ken Livingston and he should have told them to ram their sinister definitions up their hole.

Sad state of affairs.

Aww fcuk, agreeing with Thplinth. Sad state of affairs.

Edited by Eisegerwind

Right dudes my guess for tomorrow is 44 seats to the snp, notables are sutherland to go yellow, moray, gourdon, angus, ochil, possible aberdeen south. This is pure antidotal from me and just my gut feeling.Banff and buchan will be close, along with most of the above i have suggested going yellow. There you have it, my mystic loon title may well be destroyed tomorrow hahaha. I will say in 2017 i could have put my house on the result however this time the result will be very dependant on turn out and which demographic actually votes 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

3 hours ago, phart said:

My Gran's not voting for the first time in 70 odd year. Just off the phone with her (i'm choked with cold so staying away) to arrange when we're going down. Says she can't pick anyone.

It's a wee bit sad for me even though she'd just vote labour, she always voted every election. Although someone might vote for her anyway.

Firstly, I understand your sadness at your Gran giving up on something she has staunchly done. I don’t mean to sound like a cunt here but the best thing for Scotland is for as many old folk as possible to give up voting. 

32 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Sad state of affairs.