General Election 2019 - Page 37 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

I wonder if these polls sufficiently build in tactical voting. There was a bit of anti SNP tactical voting in 2017, which will continue, but I wonder if there could be an increase in anti Tory tactical voting. (Johnson; irreversible Brexit) 

I see all these left leaning celebs calling for tactical voting (Grant, Elton, Coogan, Ianucci) but I never saw any of them urging voting SNP in Scotland. Labour continues to get that UK level advantage. 

34 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

This includes the SNP losing a seat to the Tories as well!

Aye mine :cry:

Lanark & Hamilton East - Labour voters will ensure a Tory gets in by voting Labour

1 hour ago, Bonny79 said:

So gonna have to vote tory.  Only party in favour of Brexit. 

And why would you want Brexit? Seriously? What makes you think it's a good idea? 

Not noising you up, genuinely interested why. 

4 hours ago, Bonny79 said:

So you don't have an argument based on reason?  Instead just throw insults? 

He does have an argument based on reason you slabbering tory cunt. You however support a racist, homophobic,sexist, peadophile loving twat of a man. Well done.

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

And why would you want Brexit? Seriously? What makes you think it's a good idea? 

Not noising you up, genuinely interested why. 

Cause the uk people were asked and more said yes to it than not.   It wasn't a regional thing - a vote in shetland counted just as much as a vote in the Isle of Wight. 

18 hours ago, phart said:

As someone who spoke to Fairlie quite a bit when he posted here, that's not how i understand his argument.

He doesn't see it as "Scottish Independence" unless out of europe. So it isn't a case of it being more important.

If he only wants Independence in the most vanilla sense then that is fair enough. Good luck selling the electorate that one, its hard enough convincing people to break away from the UK but to throw in the EU as well I think is a step too far for Scottish people. 

KThere are so many seats that seemingly are on a knife edge and could swing either wayI think it's really too close to call it.

UK wide I could see the Tories getting anything between 300 and 360 seats.  For the SNP I could see them having anything between 35 and 45.  

9 hours ago, exile said:

I wonder if these polls sufficiently build in tactical voting. There was a bit of anti SNP tactical voting in 2017, which will continue, but I wonder if there could be an increase in anti Tory tactical voting. (Johnson; irreversible Brexit) 

I see all these left leaning celebs calling for tactical voting (Grant, Elton, Coogan, Ianucci) but I never saw any of them urging voting SNP in Scotland. Labour continues to get that UK level advantage. 

On BBC Radio 2 and 4 yesterday heard them mentioning this ‘tactical voting’ of the other parties and implying it was a bit murky.  No comment on Brexit standing down for the Tories though obviously. 

This morning again on the Beeb heard them say that the polls have closed to within margin of error for a hung parliament.  Next comment up – Boris Johnson saying a hung parliament will get in the way of ‘getting Brexit done’.  They’re not even trying to hide it anymore. 

5 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Is that how its looking down with you guys? Have you canvassed much this year and if so whats the general mood?

Afraid so 

It is really close 

Every vote for Labour is a vote against the SNP - it was a 3 way marginal last time 

By my reckoning the bigotry in Hamilton East easily surpasses that in Larkhall 

22 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Possibly. Someone put a boner in a box last time, and it was counted asa vote, if I recall correctly anyway. 

What about if I draw Boris Johnson bending over with Laura Kuenssberg’s feet protruding out of his anus and her toes are touching the Tory candidate’s box?

7 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

What about if I draw Boris Johnson bending over with Laura Kuenssberg’s feet protruding out of his anus and her toes are touching the Tory candidate’s box?

Lunchbox?

That would depend on how good the artwork is.

The SNP need to stop fucking mitigating Tory policies in Scottish Constituencies that vote Tory

They also need to fucking withdraw the free prescriptions, dental check ups, eye exams, personal care, hospital parking et al if it's legally possible 

Too many cunts are hiding behind the SNP and voting Tory 

49 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Afraid so 

It is really close 

Every vote for Labour is a vote against the SNP - it was a 3 way marginal last time 

By my reckoning the bigotry in Hamilton East easily surpasses that in Larkhall 

So in a three way marginal, which way is the unionist vote going to go to Tory or Labour?

My Gran's not voting for the first time in 70 odd year. Just off the phone with her (i'm choked with cold so staying away) to arrange when we're going down. Says she can't pick anyone.

It's a wee bit sad for me even though she'd just vote labour, she always voted every election. Although someone might vote for her anyway.

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

So in a three way marginal, which way is the unionist vote going to go to Tory or Labour?

Tory according to that poll last night 

Unionists (using that term loosely) hate IRA Corbyn more than the SNP in Lanarkshire 

38 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

They also need to fucking withdraw the free prescriptions, dental check ups, eye exams, personal care, hospital parking et al if it's legally possible 

By this i mean from constituencies that vote Tory 

Give the voters what they vote for 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

You'd probably get a job with the BBCs politics division.