General Election 2019 - Page 31 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Lifted from the latest Wings post...

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-logical-progression/#more-113273

"So maybe we shouldn’t be entirely surprised that it ended up with this being the SNP candidate in what until 2017 was Alex Salmond’s seat."

Different tactics for different constituencies. Not sure if this will work for him. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

He posted another article before that where he unearths a pile of 'dodgy' (by the SNP's own standards that is)  tweets from so called 'woke' members. Can of worms the SNP have opened here... so they better be consistent or it will be seen as thinly disguised witch hunt.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/two-woke-princes/#more-113188

"Most strikingly the deeply brave and stunning self-described Scottish Government equalities adviser and former penis owner Leeze Lawrence."

I am not going to reproduce all the tweets but please someone tell me this nutcase is no where near advising the Scottish Government on anything.

Putting the tweets aside there was also this little link. This was when she was a man... 

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/13528197.raids-net-drugs-worth-pound130k/

I believe all charges were dropped against her.

She does not work for the Scottish government. She probably thinks that taking part in a government consultation constitutes "advising the Scottish government". Which, I suppose, is technically not untrue.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

There is an article in the Times but it is behind the paywall. The guy who was just thrown under the bus (Hanvey) is saying (I think) that he and the other one were targeted by 'woke' members of the SNP because they signed the Woman's Pledge (which is against self-ID'ing). This is why they had their tweet history scoured and used to oust them from the party (as good as).

This was an attempt to purge two SNP members because they did not go along with their woke bullshit. Barely a week away from the GE and these folk sabotaged two of the SNP's own candidates.

And people think Wings is the problem here?! Seriously?

I think what we are seeing is that the huge influx of new members post 2014 to the SNP has probably brought in a large swathe of failed labour activists who are now in effect attempting a reverse takeover of the SNP. Which is why independence is no longer prominent at all and instead it has been replaced with all this toxic woke identity politics shite.

This GRA battle is actually a front in a much larger battle for the future direction of the SNP. Wings is raising serious alarm bells and I am pretty shocked considering his past contributions that he is so quickly dismissed. If the woke brigade succeed in purging the party of their enemies the SNP will be broken IMHO.

Partisans can't understand criticism. even Calmac admitted leaving this board cause it was far too full on partisan, a guy who campaigned tirelessly for independence.

All pathos no logos.

24 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Different tactics for different constituencies. Not sure if this will work for him. Time will tell. 

Really? Folk allowed to campaign under what they want for the SNP these days. I know it used to be forbidden in the past hen was the change made?

That's the Lib Dem pitch he is doing.

Edited by phart

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Lifted from the latest Wings post...

"So maybe we shouldn’t be entirely surprised that it ended up with this being the SNP candidate in what until 2017 was Alex Salmond’s seat."

Campaigning against the sanctity of a vote. While using Lib Dem talking points.

He posted another article before that where he unearths a pile of 'dodgy' (by the SNP's own standards that is)  tweets from so called 'woke' members. Can of worms the SNP have opened here... so they better be consistent or it will be seen as thinly disguised witch hunt.

"Most strikingly the deeply brave and stunning self-described Scottish Government equalities adviser and former penis owner Leeze Lawrence."

I am not going to reproduce all the tweets but please someone tell me this nutcase is no where near advising the Scottish Government on anything.

Putting the tweets aside there was also this little link. This was when she was a man... 

He is a pure narcissist. 

Only a professional victim could have a Twitter history like that and still have some influence, even if it’s small and exaggerated on government policy. The hypocrisy being he would be the first to try and get someone sacked or de-platformed for hate speech. 

Lunatics are running the asylum. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

23 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There's a big difference between "independence" and an "independence referendum" and Wings knows it.   

In an election you make the case for a referendum, in the referendum you make the case for independence.

Its an "interesting" 10 second edit taken from a much longer two minute statement which is specifically about tactical voting and whereas the Tories will use votes for them as an expression of support for a hard Brexit he wouldn't do the same and use votes for him as an expression of support for Independence.

Another example of "do as I say not as I do from Wings".  

The full video is here, make your own mind up whether the edit is representative of the piece and ask yourself why someone might edit it in this way.  

It seems the digging into tweets is going both ways now. Leeze Lawrence has been making some dodgy(really racist) tweets, some folk claiming she is an SNP advisor, unable to verify that atm though, got the lists of special adisor for 2018 open now and going through it.

OK Leeze Lawrence self ID's as equality advisor for the SNP, whether that's true or not I don't know, however considering the subject i guess we have to allow it.

Some of the tweets from her you could put next to Jim Crow quotes and have a good game.

Edited by phart

11 minutes ago, phart said:

Really? Folk allowed to campaign under what they want for the SNP these days. I know it used to be forbidden in the past hen was the change made?

That's the Lib Dem pitch he is doing.

Within certain boundaries obviously. ;)

He is trying to appeal to a different audience than a candidate in, lets say, Dundee or Glasgow. He is allowed to emphasise different things. 

1 minute ago, phart said:

It seems the digging into tweets is going both ways now. Leeze Lawrence has been making some dodgy tweets, some folk claiming she is an SNP advisor, unable to verify that atm though, got the lists of special adisor for 2018 open now and going through it.

She isn't - as someone else mentioned - she's been part of a Scottish Government consultation which literally must apply to thousands of people.   

9 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He is a pure narcissist. 

Only a professional victim could have a Twitter history like that and still have some influence, even if it’s small and exaggerated on government policy. The hypocrisy being he would be the first to try and get someone sacked or de-platformed for hate speech. 

The mask slips even further.  

Just now, aaid said:

She isn't - as someone else mentioned - she's been part of a Scottish Government consultation which literally must apply to thousands of people.   

She Self ID's as equality advisor to SNP government. It's in her bio. A police officer tweeting the same thing doesn't really matter cause there are thousands of police officers, not really sure of the point being made. It seems to be used as an exculpatory but it doesn't serve that function.

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He is a pure narcissist. 

Only a professional victim could have a Twitter history like that and still have some influence, even if it’s small and exaggerated on government policy.

I don't think Stuart Campbell has much influence over government policy. ;)

12 minutes ago, phart said:

It seems the digging into tweets is going both ways now. Leeze Lawrence has been making some dodgy(really racist) tweets, some folk claiming she is an SNP advisor, unable to verify that atm though, got the lists of special adisor for 2018 open now and going through it.

Can you let me know if you find her please?

The other thing looking at all more... I have read the repeated post on here that wings seems to be obsessed about the GRA issue 'for some reason...'. And then that is left hanging with the implication being he must be transphobic or whatever. Well from what I can see that is actually a smear. This is much more than just about the GRA issue but it fits perfectly that his enemies would try to make out this was just an obsession about the GRA. This is their modus operandi after all, and it goes hand in hand with the identity politics - smear everyone who disagrees as a racist, sexist, transphobic whatever... on and on and on. 

I take it from the question above the Denise one was not a candidate. Whatever her role in the SNP she was targeted for signing the Woman's pledge. Massive negative publicity days before a GE. And all for the sake of internecine warfare from the woke faction. 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Within certain boundaries obviously. ;)

He is trying to appeal to a different audience than a candidate in, lets say, Dundee or Glasgow. He is allowed to emphasise different things. 

Well telling folk what they want to hear has been a well-trodden path by many politicians.

Just now, thplinth said:

The other thing looking at all more... I have read the repeated post on here that wings seems to be obsessed about the GRA issue 'for some reason...'. And then that is left hanging with the implication being he must be transphobic or whatever. Well from what I can see that is actually a smear. This is much more than just about the GRA issue but it fits perfectly that his enemies would try to make out this was just an obsession about the GRA. This is their modus operandi after all, and it goes hand in hand with the identity politics - smear everyone who disagrees as a racist, sexist, transphobic whatever... on and on and on. 

I take it from the question above the Denise one was not a candidate. Whatever her role in the SNP she was targeted for signing the Woman's pledge. Massive negative publicity days before a GE. And all for the sake of internecine warfare from the woke faction. 

Exactly it's all pathos. A lot of woman see this culture as another way for men to enslave women. As i said Lesbians are being pushed into having relationships with people who identify as female but have had no surgery whatsoever or they are "terfs". Go onto reddit or other sites where they have female gay communities read their stories.

This issue is going to blow up. I guess it'll just be another thread that has to be bumped as a told you so.

a bot thing on twitter has collated them for me, some have been deleted before archiving. "Equality advisor"

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1142797065078091777.html

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Exactly it's all pathos. A lot of woman see this culture as another way for men to enslave women. As i said Lesbians are being pushed into having relationships with people who identify as female but have had no surgery whatsoever or they are "terfs". Go onto reddit or other sites where they have female gay communities read their stories.

This issue is going to blow up. I guess it'll just be another thread that has to be bumped as a told you so.

Definitely. 

The sad thing is it’s not really about making things better for trans people, the few I’ve met just want to get on with things, not be used by activists, many who aren’t trans for some wider cause. 

21 minutes ago, aaid said:

The full video is here, make your own mind up whether the edit is representative of the piece and ask yourself why someone might edit it in this way.  

Ehm...Because it is shorter.

Wings did also post this immediately below the clip video. 

You can see the whole video here. Good luck voting SNP for independence, folks.

Check for your self...

21 minutes ago, phart said:

OK Leeze Lawrence self ID's as equality advisor for the SNP, whether that's true or not I don't know, however considering the subject i guess we have to allow it.

Some of the tweets from her you could put next to Jim Crow quotes and have a good game.

She seems to be a very nasty piece of work, there's no doubt about it.   

Its not just the SG advisor that's stretching the truth - to say the least - but she also implies she's a BBC producer and that's a description that appears in other bios of her.  Technically correct I guess, but from what I can see she was the *assistant*  Producer on *one* programme in 2014.   The word "former" seems to be conspicuous by its absence  

BBC producer as well. Seems Alyn Smith leaking shit to his partner about SNP business who then tweeted it and Joan Macalpine wasn't happy.

Seems it's been simmering for a while this feud. Great time for it to all come to a head.

More details here

https://randompublicjournal.com/2019/06/19/loose-lips-and-leaks-sink-ships/

According to McAlpine, Jordon has “consistently abused” her and other women on Twitter over the subject of this leaked legislation – gender self-identification.

So t seems Wings has been doing some effective digging after all, it's just fine as long as his torch isn't shining in MY eyes.

Edited by phart

11 minutes ago, phart said:

Well telling folk what they want to hear has been a well-trodden path by many politicians.

It's a dirty job but somebody's  got to do it.

Anyway, I don't have time to sit around discussing pronouns. Somebody has got to help get the vote out. I've got a couple of hundred postal votes to fill out before I can go to the pub. 

Vote early, vote often, folks. :ok: