General Election 2019 - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

You’re confusing me with someone who gives a fuck about your patronising pish. 

Wheest ya wean. You entered a discussion on a public board if you can't handle some responses without a temper tantrum that's your issue, nothing to do with anything patronising.

Away and like your mates posts and leave the actual discussions to those that have something to say beyond bawling your eyes out at someones elses opinion.

1 minute ago, phart said:

Wheest ya wean. You entered a discussion on a public board if you can't handle some responses without a temper tantrum that's your issue, nothing to do with anything patronising.

Away and like your mates posts and leave the actual discussions to those that have something to say beyond bawling your eyes out at someones elses opinion.

Drivel. 

Possibly last (unless there's another this weekend) full Scotand poll before the election.

Times tomorrow - so the full breakdown will be there.

SNP 44% (+2) 

Conservative 28% (+6) 
Labour 15% (+3) 
Lib Dem 12% (-1) 
Greens 1% (-3) 

Electoral Calculus has SNP 45 seats ; Tories 8 ; Libs 6 ; Lab 1.

I'd imagine if there could be some further squeeze from Labour and LD to the SNP ; then more Tory seats could go. Or even if a few Tories stay at home and they are down 2-3% Would make a huge difference between SNP most of the old heartland seats back and not.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He hates Stewart McDonald because the latter has repeatedly called Wings out over some of his less savoury rants and encouraged pro-independence folk to ignore him.

I'm starting to go off wings. Hes maling it personal and taking his eyes off the goal. I thought wings was great at debunking the no campaign and union lies but hes losing the plot

He posted another article before that where he unearths a pile of 'dodgy' (by the SNP's own standards that is)  tweets from so called 'woke' members. Can of worms the SNP have opened here... so they better be consistent or it will be seen as thinly disguised witch hunt.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/two-woke-princes/#more-113188

"Most strikingly the deeply brave and stunning self-described Scottish Government equalities adviser and former penis owner Leeze Lawrence."

I am not going to reproduce all the tweets but please someone tell me this nutcase is no where near advising the Scottish Government on anything.

Putting the tweets aside there was also this little link. This was when she was a man... 

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/13528197.raids-net-drugs-worth-pound130k/

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm starting to go off wings. Hes maling it personal and taking his eyes off the goal. I thought wings was great at debunking the no campaign and union lies but hes losing the plot

What Wings was very good at - he doesn't seem to do it so much these days - was to show how journalists take a particular topic or set of facts and while not really lying as such will twist it and cherry pick to convey a complete different meaning that is more in tune with their own agenda or more likely the editorial policy of whoever they work for.

However, when you start to notice that, you start to notice it everywhere, including in his writing.

His latest article is a case in point.  He tries to compare comments made by Alyn Smith - another one of his bete noires - to the comments made by Neale Hanvey and Denise Findlay.   Alyn Smith made comments to the effect that Israel's treatment of Palestine was a war crime  - although importantly there's no Partridge-sequel ,Just like the Nazis" added on.

Wings logic seems to be that since the Nazis were war criminals the any reference to war criminals must by implication a reference to the Nazis, which is obviously far from the truth.

6 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Possibly last (unless there's another this weekend) full Scotand poll before the election.

Times tomorrow - so the full breakdown will be there.

SNP 44% (+2) 

Conservative 28% (+6) 
Labour 15% (+3) 
Lib Dem 12% (-1) 
Greens 1% (-3) 

Electoral Calculus has SNP 45 seats ; Tories 8 ; Libs 6 ; Lab 1.

I'd imagine if there could be some further squeeze from Labour and LD to the SNP ; then more Tory seats could go. Or even if a few Tories stay at home and they are down 2-3% Would make a huge difference between SNP most of the old heartland seats back and not.

Take 2-3% away from the tories as 

the brexit party nor ukip have been polled, 

There is an article in the Times but it is behind the paywall. The guy who was just thrown under the bus (Hanvey) is saying (I think) that he and the other one were targeted by 'woke' members of the SNP because they signed the Woman's Pledge (which is against self-ID'ing). This is why they had their tweet history scoured and used to oust them from the party (as good as).

This was an attempt to purge two SNP members because they did not go along with their woke bullshit. Barely a week away from the GE and these folk sabotaged two of the SNP's own candidates.

And people think Wings is the problem here?! Seriously?

I think what we are seeing is that the huge influx of new members post 2014 to the SNP has probably brought in a large swathe of failed labour activists who are now in effect attempting a reverse takeover of the SNP. Which is why independence is no longer prominent at all and instead it has been replaced with all this toxic woke identity politics shite.

This GRA battle is actually a front in a much larger battle for the future direction of the SNP. Wings is raising serious alarm bells and I am pretty shocked considering his past contributions that he is so quickly dismissed. If the woke brigade succeed in purging the party of their enemies the SNP will be broken IMHO.

People are saying Wings has lost it for saying that whatever the outcome of the GE, NS should step down, and for saying it one week before the GE. Personally I don't think wings says anything like that without very careful consideration. It was obviously timed to be very shocking. These purges it seems have been the straws that broke the camel's back and convinced him that holding his tongue for the greater goal is actually pointless with NS in charge. So IMHO that article was not an ill considered rant and was instead an open declaration of (civil) war. He very knowingly crossed the Rubicon in that article. Be interesting to see where he goes from here. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

There is an article in the Times but it is behind the paywall. The guy who was just thrown under the bus (Hanvey) is saying (I think) that he and the other one were targeted by 'woke' members of the SNP because they signed the Woman's Pledge (which is against self-ID'ing). This is why they had their tweet history scoured and used to oust them from the party (as good as).

This was an attempt to purge two SNP members because they did not go along with their woke bullshit. Barely a week away from the GE and these folk sabotaged two of the SNP's own candidates.

And people think Wings is the problem here?! Seriously?

I think what we are seeing is that the huge influx of new members post 2014 to the SNP has probably brought in a large swathe of failed labour activists who are now in effect attempting a reverse takeover of the SNP. Which is why independence is no longer prominent at all and instead it has been replaced with all this toxic woke identity politics shite.

This GRA battle is actually a front in a much larger battle for the future direction of the SNP. Wings is raising serious alarm bells and I am pretty shocked considering his past contributions that he is so quickly dismissed. If the woke brigade succeed in purging the party of their enemies the SNP will be broken IMHO.

Who is the second candidate? I must have missed one of them.

I see that a former Tory MEP and a former Tory adviser have both come ou in support of Calum Kerr in the Borders.

Thats off the back of the LibDem candidate who stood against Ian Blackford in 2017 saying that she's already voted for him this time around.