General Election 2019 - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You are one odd fecker. All these posts you make referencing other board members (and not just myself)... The latest was the personal attack thread about bonny was it... You are like that snide little guy who is always trying to get a bitch fest going on someone.

15 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I could try to insult you? You naughty, naughty tamber! You are havering pish! Spank yourself really hard! 

Thanks for trying but it's sexier when Thplinth does it in full "pure dead raging" mode :-))

Edited by ErsatzThistle

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but those 4 youths are in fact from the Dundee Cub Scouts, specifically the Stobswell pack. Thats a petrol pump in the background with SHELL written on it. Did you think it said SCHNELL ? 

They would have had to recite an oath to the King too.   Oh the shame!

Personally i think the SNP are fucked

They will probably win over half of the seats but with a slap in the face too

I believe the all out propaganda war is unbeatable

GERS

Sectarianism

Daily anti SNP media spin 

Only Labour can oust the Tories myth

Threat of hard border & everything else reincarnated from 2014

Docile and servile electorate 

Many not wanting to have to make the choice between the EU and the UK

Many hoping that right wing English Nationalism will go away

Not confident we can run our own affairs

The majority of voters in Scotland are ignorant of all of the above and are not on social media to see them debunked and that's what Quislings rely on

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

GERS

Sectarianism

The majority of voters in Scotland are ignorant of all of the above and are not on social media to see them debunked and that's what Quislings rely on

If only everyone was enlightened as yourself 😂

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

GERS

Sectarianism

I think you are slightly off the pace 

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I think you are slightly off the pace 

I have spoke to 2 people this week who i thought were informed voters 

The first is voting Labour as she wants to get the Tories out - she is in the same constituency as me which is SNP v Tory 

The second does not know who to vote for 

She hates the Tories 

Doesn't want brexit 

Doesn't want another Independence referendum 

Her 18 year old son is voting Labour 

Her constituency is SNP v Tory 

Newsnight had a thicky from Ayrshire on a building site with a hard hat on

Doesnt like the Tories but wants brexit and most of all wants the SNP out  

Get the picture ? 

Edited by Ally Bongo

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I have spoke to 2 people this week who i thought were informed voters 

The first is voting Labour as she wants to get the Tories out - she is in the same constituency as me which is SNP v Tory 

The second does not know who to vote for 

She hates the Tories 

Doesn't want brexit 

Doesn't want another Independence referendum 

Her 18 year old son is voting Labour 

Her constituency is SNP v Tory 

Newsnight had a thicky from Ayrshire on a building site with a hard hat on

Doesnt like the Tories but wants brexit and most of all wants the SNP out  

Get the picture ? 

If the Newsnight piece is the same one that was on the lunchtime BBC News earlier then they also had another guy on the site who was also ex-Labour but was now voting SNP and supported independence.  

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

GERS

Sectarianism

What is noticeable about your list is that you see the SNP themselves as entirely blameless for their current situation. It is everyone else's fault most notably the electorate.

Anyway If my own personal feelings are anything to go by I see a huge amount of apathy around this election. The tories have inflicted this mess and have been mind bendingly atrocious for three years or so. Yet the opposition have failed to make hay while the sun shone. I think folk are just totally pissed off and bored by this fiasco and will probably just blank it all. We will see...

26 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What is noticeable about your list is that you see the SNP themselves as entirely blameless for their current situation. It is everyone else's fault most notably the electorate.

Of course they are not blameless but i don't see any avenue that would make things any better when you have all that bias and spin working against you daily - The GRA crap excepted 

They are pishing up against a wall

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not sure a party winning 43 of 56 seats after 12 years in government really counts as fucked.

I think if you measure success by that bizarre 2015 result, then you'll be forever disappointed from now till independence day.

23 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Anyway If my own personal feelings are anything to go by I see a huge amount of apathy around this election. The tories have inflicted this mess and have been mind bendingly atrocious for three years or so. Yet the opposition have failed to make hay while the sun shone. I think folk are just totally pissed off and bored by this fiasco and will probably just blank it all. We will see...

I agree with a lot of that, but i'm curious as to how (if you were SNP leader) you'd have done things differently, strategically speaking?

4 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I think Angus will go yellow again along with aberedeen sooth

thats encouraging, your predictions on the pdst have been quite accurate , i will follow your predictions closely this time, 

surely tae phukk, the Tories wont win all those seats in theNorth East again

Cambuslang hustings cancelled - capacity issue, abuse received by candidates resulting in security fears as Police cannot attend 

In Motherwell last night the Labour candidate disguised having her boyfriend and election agent in the audience who both asked questions and called Marion Fellowes (SNP) a liar 

Unionism at work 

4 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I think Angus will go yellow again along with aberedeen sooth

What's your thoughts on banff and buchan? Looks like a torie hold in the poll above 😡

Edited by vanderark14

51 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I agree with a lot of that, but i'm curious as to how (if you were SNP leader) you'd have done things differently, strategically speaking?

Naw, no matter what I say you will have some other fecker disagree and then it becomes a discussion about what I would do, a complete political nobody. 

Are you happy with where we are, given the last few years? Not capitalized on it at all really IMHO.

Just recently Boris was in a nasty trap and he and the tories were going down in the public's eyes day by day... and then the SNP let him out the box for some reason... the outcome of that move, if you believe the polls right now... The Tories get an outright majority and a healthy one as well, while the SNP pick up a few poxy seats.

Even if the SNP one them all near enough again... who cares. It is not a mandate for independence or even calling indyref2. And their chances of securing one anyway from BJ I would place at between nil and nil. 

So you tell me how the fuck have we got to this point, luke warm support for YES, no deal made to secure indyref2 at points where we had the leverage, and now a tory majority for 5 years who will do what they fuck they want and it was the SNP effectively who unleashed them. The SNP strategy has largely got me beat. It is hard to make sense of it all and it has been like this for a good while now.

edit: and of course I forgot if the tories win... hard BREXIT. 

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, stocky said:

thats encouraging, your predictions on the pdst have been quite accurate , i will follow your predictions closely this time, 

surely tae phukk, the Tories wont win all those seats in theNorth East again

I could be way off, hopefully not. I am just going by the general mood , and past voting trends. I am sticking my kneck out with this.. its strange as me and  @Ally Bongo have changed roles this election, i am more optimistic than him, heres hoping i am correct again 👍

58 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Naw, no matter what I say you will have some other fecker disagree and then it becomes a discussion about what I would do, a complete political nobody. 

Are you happy with where we are, given the last few years? Not capitalized on it at all really IMHO.

Just recently Boris was in a nasty trap and he and the tories were going down in the public's eyes day by day... and then the SNP let him out the box for some reason... the outcome of that move, if you believe the polls right now... The Tories get an outright majority and a healthy one as well, while the SNP pick up a few poxy seats.

Even if the SNP one them all near enough again... who cares. It is not a mandate for independence or even calling indyref2. And their chances of securing one anyway from BJ I would place at between nil and nil. 

So you tell me how the fuck have we got to this point, luke warm support for YES, no deal made to secure indyref2 at points where we had the leverage, and now a tory majority for 5 years who will do what they fuck they want and it was the SNP effectively who unleashed them. The SNP strategy has largely got me beat. It is hard to make sense of it all and it has been like this for a good while now.

edit: and of course I forgot if the tories win... hard BREXIT. 

Can you explain what you mean by this bit "and then the SNP let him out the box for some reason.."

I am guessing that you mean the SNP allowed Boris to get his election? He was getting his election anyway with or without the SNP. In the end the SNP MPs didn't vote for the election.  But it still passed by over 400 votes anyway.

To me this is the essence of why we need independence. It doesn't matter what Scotland's MPs vote for (or even whether they vote at all), we always get what England's MPs vote for.

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I could be way off, hopefully not. I am just going by the general mood , and past voting trends. I am sticking my kneck out with this.. its strange as me and  @Ally Bongo have changed roles this election, i am more optimistic than him, heres hoping i am correct again 👍

Got your log ins mixed up? ;)

37 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Someone else just told me they hate "Jimmy Crankie" 

It's over 

The lad who said this to you has probably never voted snp? Its folk that used to be and now intend not to that would be the worry, settle down, theres always a silver lining. If thing are really that bad mrs sturgeon will step down and we will start to rebuild. If we cant increase our vote share then indy is off for a good few years, that is not a bad thing as it will give scotland time to see the effect of a bojo majority government