General Election 2019 - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

"Most folk" in Scotland who vote Tory are not the very well off

They were until Independence became a real possibility

These fuckers love voting for London rule by a Tory Government whilst under the protection of the SNP

The ones who elect Tory MPs tend to be much better off than your average Weegieland Tory. Most of them would be very happy to be governed directly from Westminster and would be quite happy to give up any benefits they gain via the SNP.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Did she? He was terrible, half the facts he was spouting were shite.

She should have gone to town for him.

He looks half dead BTW, looks like he's ate his wife or something.

Aye she did. She got roasted from a half dead man

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

TNfLgzm1_x96.jpg

1/ Caught up with

late. I'm afraid rejoicing unionists need to put the Kool Aid down. Watch the rest of his interviews this week, then go back and watch her's, and you will see the winner. AN asked difficult and legitimate questions on key areas of ...

TNfLgzm1_x96.jpg

2/ ... weakness (which are primarily a Scotland/England customs border and public service performance) but NS gave as good as she got. We are looking here at clearly the pre-eminent Scottish politician of our (or at least my) lifetime. Deal with it. #GE19

She never gave as good as she got. She got pelters last night on twitter from snp supporters on how poor she was. It was really really poor 

13 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Do you not think that folk who vote Tory might actually want Tory policies? That would be a wee bit like forcing folk who wear Rangers scarfs to watch Rangers win the league.

I know some old bitter cunts, sorry Tories, who really don’t. Quite a lot of Tory voters are just wankers who don’t know what they are doing, and the one who do know what they are doing are just pricks. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Certainly not the conservatives.

If I were in England I'd vote Labour.

That's the problem, a lot of people wont. I'm from a family of pretty  much lifetime labour voters not one of us would vote for a Corbyn Labour party this time round . I wouldn't trust him with the budget for my xmas party let alone the country.  My sister is voting conservative which is a first in her lifetime !!

There are about a million WASPI women. Wonder if it'll make a difference?

Does feel the polls are tightening every so slightly - last few the Tories static (albeit in good numbers) Tories up anything from 1-5%.

Could it be the Tories are stacking up their votes in their heartlands/mad Brexit areas? Yet the Lib Dems sneaking in the back door in the Surrey/West Country areas?

Then again the Libs are going down and the more folk hear/see of Swinson she seems to go down. It could be quite an interesting election.

25 minutes ago, Nobby said:

That's the problem, a lot of people wont. I'm from a family of pretty  much lifetime labour voters not one of us would vote for a Corbyn Labour party this time round . I wouldn't trust him with the budget for my xmas party let alone the country.  My sister is voting conservative which is a first in her lifetime !!

I honestly don't know how you can go from voting Labour to Tory that easily.

I would trust Corbyn a hell of a lot more than I'd trust Johnston et al.

Far too many people are politically homeless. The labour party are ran by activists and have long abandoned their working class routes that they once served. The Tories have at least always been cunts, Lib dems are an absolute joke, and the SNP have a dodgy past with former leaders from Arthur "seig heil" Donaldson to Alec "rapey" Salmond. They can all just fuck off 

24 minutes ago, Rohan said:

Far too many people are politically homeless. The labour party are ran by activists and have long abandoned their working class routes that they once served. The Tories have at least always been cunts, Lib dems are an absolute joke, and the SNP have a dodgy past with former leaders from Arthur "seig heil" Donaldson to Alec "rapey" Salmond. They can all just fuck off 

And the Tories?

Winston Churchill and genocide against the Indians and the Irish.

The future king who met Hitler and was a known Nazi sympathiser.

Ted Heath and his multiple child sex offences brushed under the carpet.

So can the Tories fuck right off too Rohan?

11 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And the Tories?

Winston Churchill and genocide against the Indians and the Irish.

The future king who met Hitler and was a known Nazi sympathiser.

Ted Heath and his multiple child sex offences brushed under the carpet.

So can the Tories fuck right off too Rohan?

4 lines in and I have called the  Tories cunts

Any Scot that thinks Arthur Donaldson was a Nazi sympathiser, never mind peddle that myth, is more of a Quisling than that of which Donaldson was smeared with

An Establishment's wet dream 

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Any Scot that thinks Arthur Donaldson was a Nazi sympathiser, never mind peddle that myth, is more of a Quisling than that of which Donaldson was smeared with

An Establishment's wet dream

So the photo with him posing with Hitler youth wasnt him then?

DoK8cWVXcAEIPkw.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rohan said:

So the photo with him posing with Hitler youth wasnt him then?

DoK8cWVXcAEIPkw.jpg

Look up the newsreel footage of the the Duke of Windsor's visit to Nazi Germany. He' and his wife are loving it.

Or go on the BFI web archive and watch for free the colour home movies of David Lloyd George's trip to meet Hitler which included the former Prime Minister giving the Nazi salute.

A group of Scottish nationalists led by Wendy Wood broke up a British Union of Fascists march in Edinburgh during the mid 1930s with Wood punching one of them in the face.

Seems you have come on here with a bit of an agenda ....

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Look up the newsreel footage of the the Duke of Windsor's visit to Nazi Germany. He' and his wife are loving it.

Or go on the BFI web archive and watch for free the colour home movies of David Lloyd George's trip to meet Hitler which included the former Prime Minister giving the Nazi salute.

A group of Scottish nationalists led by Wendy Wood broke up a British Union of Fascists march in Edinburgh during the mid 1930s with Wood punching one of them in the face.

Seems you have come on here with a bit of an agenda ....

Ah the whataboutry! I'm only asking about Donaldson and I'm fully aware of the rest of them thanks

5 minutes ago, Rohan said:

Ah the whataboutry! I'm only asking about Donaldson and I'm fully aware of the rest of them thanks

You're confusing taking a picture with folk with being an adherent of their political philosophy.

Let's apply this logic to this picture.

palestinian-leader-yasser-arafat-shakes-

13 minutes ago, Rohan said:

Fuck me this is embarrassing. Did former snp leader pose for a photo with Hitler youth or not? I'm not interested in anyone else before the snp fanboys spout pish. 4 people have quoted me but yet to disprove the photo

The point is people get photographed with people. How many people got photographed gleefully with Jimmy Saville before the horrors of him got out. It does not mske those photographed with him a member of jis paedopholile club just like it does not make Donaldson a support of Nazism?

I thought NS did okay last night, not brilliant but not nearly as bad as her opponents are suggesting. 

Andrew Neil is an accomplished interviewer , however IMO  he is the Jonathan Ross of politics,  he fires off questions with very little desire to hear the answer, he just talks over his interviewees giving them very little chance to think coherently. This would be fine if the aim was simply to find out how politicians react under pressure,  in reality these interviews achieve nothing other than wet the knickers of the opponents of whoever he is interviewing. 

He will do the same with Corbyn , Swinson and Johnson, though it will be interesting to see if he applies the same tenacity with Johnson as he did with Sturgeon when discussing the state of the NHS in England. I have no doubt Johnson will just bumble his way through it as usual.