General Election 2019 - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

The MSM and "establishment" doing their best to keep the UK a two party system

And if you think Scotland is being ignored just wait till after the election 

32 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The MSM and "establishment" doing their best to keep the UK a two party system

And if you think Scotland is being ignored just wait till after the election 

Remember the BBC gave Nick Griffin a slot on Question Time, because it was considered important that his views could be heard, so they could be debunked. Meanwhile, they tried to snuff out the voice of Sinn Fein.  The opposite approach. They can't both be right. For the SNP and the Greens, they choose the snuffing out route, funnily enough, not letting them be heard to be debunked, then.  

I see a lot of Brexiters fuming that Bercow to be on Sky news election calling them all the names (tr**tors, communists, biased, etc)

Not so different from people complaining about Ruth Davidson (except she's an actual active Tory sitting MSP ).

Still they can always tune in tonight to get a Remoaner-free Scot-free leader debate. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

North British Tories have just had to sack their candidate for Aberdeen North and suspended him from their party.

Turned out he was a bit of a bigot.

Worse than a bigot to be fair

9 minutes ago, Fearghal O’Flaherty said:

The Tories part company with a member who holds anti semetic views whereas Labour has a leader who holds anti semetic views. Spot the difference.

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

I have no love of Corbyn because of his lies about Scotland and the Scottish Government

However where there was proof of this Aberdeen Tory being another racist/bigot/anti-semitic candidate where is the proof of Corbyn being that ?

22 hours ago, exile said:

Remember the BBC gave Nick Griffin a slot on Question Time, because it was considered important that his views could be heard, so they could be debunked. Meanwhile, they tried to snuff out the voice of Sinn Fein.  The opposite approach. They can't both be right. For the SNP and the Greens, they choose the snuffing out route, funnily enough, not letting them be heard to be debunked, then.  

The bit that was most interesting was they announced Griffin well over a week in advance and gave it the big one about debunking his nasty hard right rhetoric.  The show after the announcement, and directly before Griffin's appearance, was Farage who got an unbelievably easy time.  To this day I'm convinced the BBC put Griffin on to validate Farage to the masses as the friendly face of right wing politics. 

23 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The bit that was most interesting was they announced Griffin well over a week in advance and gave it the big one about debunking his nasty hard right rhetoric.  The show after the announcement, and directly before Griffin's appearance, was Farage who got an unbelievably easy time.  To this day I'm convinced the BBC put Griffin on to validate Farage to the masses as the friendly face of right wing politics. 

Farage is controlled opposition 

I’m no fan of Nick Griffin but he said one thing I found interesting, the BNP were contacted for significant investment, under 2 conditions, they would focus on Islam but ignore Israeli violence / influence in the world and not discuss the banking system. 

No idea how much of that’s true mind you. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's strange seeing Piers Morgan praising Nicola Strurgeon on Twitter.

His followers must be confused as fuck.

He's right though, Sturgeon very rarely ducks a straight question in either interviews or press conferences.  People may not like the answer they're given but at least it's an answer to the question asked.  

it's mad to me that every election now we have the same debate about debates.

it shouldn't even be up for discussion, all candidates should be on the platform. obviously there needs to be a limit on the monster raving loony party etc but some kind of clear line should be drawn.  there should be regulation on these like any other election rules.