General Election 2019 - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A number of GB wide opinion polls suggesting that the Lib Dem's support is stalling or even dropping. 

Btw WTF is Swinson's faux English Home Counties accent all about ? :blink:One minute she sounds German then she sounds Australian then it's Swedish. 

I had a pal who was born and brought up in Campbeltown, to English parents. She would move between a west coast Scots accent, and a London one effortlessly and without thinking depending on who she was talking to, like a chameleon. 

It's just an unconscious natural thing i think.

7 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Except Swinston is a complete snake. 

Voting is bad enough without giving one to the Lib Dems

Guy in my work lives in her constituency. He has no interest in politics at all but was saying the other day how irritating she has become since becoming leader, he also commentated on her accent. A couple of others agreed with him.
She is going to come under a lot more scrutiny leading a party than simply being an MP. 

Swinson is about to be on LBC ; interviewed (and I think taking calls/questions from callers too) by Iain Dale, if anyone is interested?

I do quite like the Lib Dems line of "Scottish independence is over and done with, we voted to stay. Yet Brexit isn't, and need a second vote.''

How can anyone swallow that?

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Guy in my work lives in her constituency. He has no interest in politics at all but was saying the other day how irritating she has become since becoming leader, he also commentated on her accent. A couple of others agreed with him.
She is going to come under a lot more scrutiny leading a party than simply being an MP. 

I have solely backed them to get under 15% in the election and under 45 MPs due to her. I don't think the revoke article 50 idea works well with many in England either.

They probably missed a tricked backing Ed Davey as he is far more likable, IMO.

I think a lot of folk will find her annoying too like your pal does.

There's 8 candidates in her own seat, she'll mostly win it but would be funny if she lost it!

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

I have solely backed them to get under 15% in the election and under 45 MPs due to her. I don't think the revoke article 50 idea works well with many in England either.

There's 8 candidates in her own seat, she'll mostly win it but would be funny if she lost it!

One of the benefits of having a party leader in your constituency, you get the full range of whackos on the ballot paper.  In 2017 we had 13, this time around it looks like we're down to 4. 

I would absolutely fucking love it if Swinson lost her seat, it would be Scotland winning the World Cup levels of utter joy.

She never answers a question, ever, she is an inept devious cunt with visions of grandeur way above her station. She and her party have no values, no morals, no integrity. An absolute waste of DNA, she should have been wiped on the curtains.

35 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I would absolutely fucking love it if Swinson lost her seat, it would be Scotland winning the World Cup levels of utter joy.

She never answers a question, ever, she is an inept devious cunt with visions of grandeur way above her station. She and her party have no values, no morals, no integrity. An absolute waste of DNA, she should have been wiped on the curtains.

To be honest, I  think you give her far to much credit 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Her latest stunt is to plant more fucking trees than the Tories

Priorities eh? Not a cheep about how she tackles the likes of the UK having the worst State pension in Europe, if not the world 

6 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Not beyond the realms of possibility that Swinson could get her jotters. Remember what happened to Nick Clegg?

51 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Could be doable for the snp then 👍

Her saving grace is that the SNP probably have bigger target seats but the Scottish libDems will throw the kitchen sink at that seat.

They also have previous for creative accounting when it comes to election spending.

No doubt there'll be a lot of national spending for "party leader" Swinson spent in "candidate" Swinson's constituency. 

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Her saving grace is that the SNP probably have bigger target seats but the Scottish libDems will throw the kitchen sink at that seat.

They also have previous for creative accounting when it comes to election spending.

No doubt there'll be a lot of national spending for "party leader" Swinson spent in "candidate" Swinson's constituency. 

Amy Callaghan, the SNP candidate, is a local girl who will have her finger on the pulse with local issues compared to Swinson, who spends all her time down south.

Gut feeling is that all the well heeled, blue rinse mob in Milngavie and Bearsden will circle the wagons and ensure that fuckin slabber cabbage is returned 

Swinson won her seat back due to tactical voting and SNP voters voting Labour hoping Corbyn would win ... won't work this time Labour and Tories can't afford to do tactical voting  it cost the labour party being in government last time round and she has a mouth like a friggen basking shark when she opens it

Edited by FuNsTeR