General Election 2019 - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

8 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Anyone from Mhari blacks neck of the woods? She will be a prime target for the unionists, has the sick children's saga settled down any? 

Her seat includes Johnstone, which has its fair share of Orange lunatics. That said, she is a very popular figure in Paisley and hails from Ralston. If the polls are accurate she will win it out the park. There is much chance of a Tory or Labour candidate winning the seat as finding green cheese on the moon

34 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

Her seat includes Johnstone, which has its fair share of Orange lunatics. That said, she is a very popular figure in Paisley and hails from Ralston. If the polls are accurate she will win it out the park. There is much chance of a Tory or Labour candidate winning the seat as finding green cheese on the moon

Don't forget tactical voting. It might come down to how many folk see this as a brexit election or an independence election. Of course, it is neither but folk look at things from different angles and it could influence how folk vote.

BREAKING: Sky News is proposing a live TV debate between the leaders of the three main UK-wide national parties in the run up to next month's #GeneralElection2019.

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-sky-news-invites-corbyn-johnson-and-swinson-to-live-tv-debate-11854213

--- except that Labour and LibDems, at least, are not "UK-wide national parties", since they don't stand in both NI and GB. 

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

Dont know so much

AFAIK The Paisley Express has been trying to smear her weekly since she was elected

It's owned by what used to be Trinity Mirror - same English owners as the Record

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I was just sending all this stuff to my mate. The whole Russia thing is interesting i really wish i could find some sort of way to separate the wheat from the chaff and find out what is really going on, it's impossible for me at the moment though.

22 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ian Austin was on Sky all morning as well. Running headline on Sky ‘ exLabour minister urges Labour voters to lend their vote to the Tories’.

Which kind of blows a hole in the theory it's all a Tory plot by the nasty Tories at the BBC Today programme.

Mind you, this former Junior minister is getting a hell of a lot more coverage than an actual former cabinet minister, Ken Clarke saying he can't vote for the Tories   

Ian Austin is a complete snake though, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't turn up in the House of Lords before long 

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ian Austin was on Sky all morning as well. Running headline on Sky ‘ exLabour minister urges Labour voters to lend their vote to the Tories’.

Folk like him shows us how much the Labour party has been infiltrated by Tories. Twa cheeks same erse. Corbyn is fighting a losing battle against the Tories, but it's Tories inside his own party that he is losing to.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

The Craig Murray blog.  He's suggesting it was cooked up by the Today programme.  Ian Austin was doing the rounds this morning, no exclusive from Radio 4. 

There could be some Tories working for Sky as well though? Just a slight possibility, right enough.

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There could be some Tories working for Sky as well though? Just a slight possibility, right enough.

And the Express and Star - his local newspaper.  Alternatively, he could be doing this off his own bat.

13 minutes ago, aaid said:

And the Express and Star - his local newspaper.  Alternatively, he could be doing this off his own bat.

And they are all part of the same Tory propaganda machine that Murray is talking about. I'm not sure what point you are trying make?

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

Which kind of blows a hole in the theory it's all a Tory plot by the nasty Tories at the BBC Today programme.

Mind you, this former Junior minister is getting a hell of a lot more coverage than an actual former cabinet minister, Ken Clarke saying he can't vote for the Tories   

Ian Austin is a complete snake though, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't turn up in the House of Lords before long 

Couldn't you just add and Murdoch and then the theory holds, no need to blow it apart when a minor adjustement. Or as an activist for Israel (he has falsely smeared people of denying the holocaust when they hadn't, a hasbara tactic.) who will not want Corbyn on the security council cause of how he weights the Israeli occupation of Palestine.