General Election 2019 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

24 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Surprised at Corbyn's change if heart here.  Makes a lot of recent Labour commentators look even more silly.

Ah, it'll all be part of the very clever long game he's been playing all this time...

Or his cabinet have forced him into it. One or the other.

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

One thing Corbyn has going for him - he has proven before he is good at campaigning. Labour were 21 points behind at the start of campaign for last GE and he ran the Tories very close. There is a chance the same could happen again.

To be fair, he is. Although, so is Johnson. Last time he was up against a shambles of a Tory campaign. Time will tell but it's hard to imagine they'll be as bad again.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Surprised at Corbyn's change if heart here.  Makes a lot of recent Labour commentators look even more silly.

Pretty straight forwards really, they've been bounced into it.  If the votes going to pass anyway, it's not a good look to be voting against an election, not least when fighting to try and win one. 

Lots of labour mps will stand to lose their jobs by christmas. I'm thinking a tory/brexit party coalition, withe the BP hovering up a lot of labour seats. This will see Corbyn out a job too, watch this space for Keir Starmer to take over the labour reigns. This election will set Labour back another 10 years

I was speaking to a Tory Candidate I know, he used to be my next door neighbour over 30 years ago when we were children. He was hoping the election never came about as the amount of work required in the run up to christmas would be immense.

29 minutes ago, phart said:

I was speaking to a Tory Candidate I know, he used to be my next door neighbour over 30 years ago when we were children. He was hoping the election never came about as the amount of work required in the run up to christmas would be immense.

Must be tough for the pair soul. Nae rest for the wicked.

3 hours ago, phart said:

Phew.  As sliding door moments go that was a narrow escape 30 years ago 🙂

25 minutes ago, Mox said:

Let's hope the weather down south is absolutely fucking horrendous and the old Tory bastards can't make it out the door.

Aye here’s hoping the auld yin’s doon here don’t like the rain or the cold hopefully that will put them aff voting  

18 hours ago, scotlad said:

To be fair, he is. Although, so is Johnson. Last time he was up against a shambles of a Tory campaign. Time will tell but it's hard to imagine they'll be as bad again.

And the media will lap it up, it will be the big two, plus Jo Swinson show. 

R4 just had 2 Tories, 1 or 2 Labour plus Swinson (2 tories, one loyalist, one rebel, that's balance) 

Predict lots of airtime for Corbyn promoting policies we already have in Scotland (that Labour in Scotland opposed) ? 

11 hours ago, Mox said:

Let's hope the weather down south is absolutely fucking horrendous and the old Tory bastards can't make it out the door.

It tends to work the other way round. Old Tory bastards make the effort to get their vote in. A lot of them have postal votes.

There is only one pollster folk should keep an eye on and that is panelbase, if you see the snp start falling from 39% of the vote which they had the last poll and the tories and labour quietly increase their vote, its “tatties ower the side”

what sort of result would it take for NS to 1.go straight for indy ref or 2. Stand down? I believe both are possible this election