Scotland’s irreplaceable players? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland’s irreplaceable players?

Guest ElChris04

Do we have any irreplaceable players?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple Choices Allowed.

• Andy Robertson
    • Kieran Tierney
    • Liam Cooper
    • John Souttar
    • Scott McKenna
    • Stuart Findlay
    • James Forrest
    • Callum McGregor
    • Ryan Christie
    • John McGinn
    • Scott McTominay
    • Stuart Armstrong
    • Ryan Jack
    • John Fleck
    • Ryan Fraser
    • Oliver McBurnie
    • Oliver Burke
    • Leigh Griffiths

Guest ElChris04

Don’t see it discussed on here a lot but wanted to see what others think, from the current batch of players, despite how shite results have been. Are there any players you feel are irreplaceable in the team on what they offer, some may the obvious like Andy Robertson who’s arguably the best left back in that world, then Then there’s others like McGinn, Forrest, Tierney Etc. So decided to make a poll and see what others are thinking. Some may think there absolutely Is and were just not getting the best out them, then there’s others who may feel every player is replaceable... so aye use the poll and comment any reasons why. I’ve picked some of the best 19 From the last and past squads and left out the dross who no one wants in the team anyway.

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

None of them are irreplaceable. I'd like to replace them all.

Disagree, but fair enough to your opinion 

I voted for 

Christie,Forrest,Tierney,Robertson,Griffiths.

I feel those 5 are the standouts, when the don’t play or turn up it really shows. And there’s no one close to ever replacing them. I feel others who are Great for there clubs but just haven’t delivered for country can’t be included like McGregor Etc.

7 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Disagree, but fair enough to your opinion 

I voted for 

Christie,Forrest,Tierney,Robertson,Griffiths.

I feel those 5 are the standouts, when the don’t play or turn up it really shows. And there’s no one close to ever replacing them. I feel others who are Great for there clubs but just haven’t delivered for country can’t be included like McGregor Etc.

I'd agree with Robertson ,Tierney and Griffiths but not the other 2 . Mctominay I would maybe add to the list 

It's petty funny that Griffiths has more than double the votes that McGinn. 

I like Griffiths, and I really hope he makes it back to full fitness. Right now, there is no comparison between. McGinn is a must start, and Griffiths is an unlikely call-up. 

At this current time none of them are irreplaceable.From the current period it seems as tho Scott Brown is the only player who is irreplaceable as since he retired out midfield has been honking.

1 hour ago, allyc said:

At this current time none of them are irreplaceable.From the current period it seems as tho Scott Brown is the only player who is irreplaceable as since he retired out midfield has been honking.

Our midfield was honking with him in it too. Too many seem to think Scott Brown was some sort of Zidane when in reality he was a very bang average player. 

12 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

It's petty funny that Griffiths has more than double the votes that McGinn. 

I like Griffiths, and I really hope he makes it back to full fitness. Right now, there is no comparison between. McGinn is a must start, and Griffiths is an unlikely call-up. 

McGinn doesn't play, we have other guys that can come in... 

... Griffiths doesn't play and we have no one of his type available. That's the difference

3 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

McGinn doesn't play, we have other guys that can come in... 

... Griffiths doesn't play and we have no one of his type available. That's the difference

I see what you're getting at, but I'm still not sure I agree. What has Griffiths done for us recently to suggest he's irreplaceable? I really wish he could get back to full fitness and show us some of that old magic, but until then we have a bunch of other strikers who could easily replace him in his current form. 

Meanwhile McGinn is lighting-up one of the best leagues in world football. That's hard to replace. 

12 hours ago, WCTA said:

Our midfield was honking with him in it too. Too many seem to think Scott Brown was some sort of Zidane when in reality he was a very bang average player. 

Nothing to do with his ability.i certainly don’t think he is Zidane.But he does have a presence and like it or not we have been worse without him.He had more of a winners mentality. That’s the same with people who slate Barry Ferguson when in reality he was our last truly decent midfielder.

Edited by allyc

45 minutes ago, allyc said:

Nothing to do with his ability.i certainly don’t think he is Zidane.But he does have a presence and like it or not we have been worse without him.He had more of a winners mentality. That’s the same with people who slate Barry Ferguson when in reality he was our last truly decent midfielder.

Barry Ferguson was a far, far better player than Scott Brown. 

I'd have Marshall number 2 on the list as the other options are so desperate. How's he not make the list yet Oli Burke somehow does? Crazy saying Tierney is irreplaceable when he is replaced every match in the starting line up by our best player Robertson. People seem to be confusing the concepts of ability and irreplaceability. 

I voted for Mcginn as my one and only selection but the remainder of the midfield are about as good as each other , we've got plenty of decent options there. Defence (other than left back) and attack though nobody actually deserves to be starting, its a question of filtering the least undeserving.

Guest ElChris04
On 10/26/2019 at 5:58 PM, WCTA said:

Whit fanny voted for Burke and Fleck as irreplaceable? 😂🤣

Wondering the same thing... 😬🤣