Supporters Club names - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Supporters Club names

Comment in another thread caught my attention, a reference to “Paul Lambert CSC”  

Whats the best name one of your supporters club has come up with ?  Or a ridiculously  bad or obscure one for that matter 

United’s best had to be ‘Frank Kopel’s Travelling Shindig’

👍

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

According to my old man, following his assassination Celtic fans started a John F Kennedy CSC, swiftly followed by the Lee Harvey Oswald Loyal.

That’s a joke from an old Only an excuse, although it wouldn’t be at all surprising.

Edited by sbcmfc

52 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Was going to post this one earlier, but thought it might have been a weird dream. 

They’re just called boring old “Uddingston number one” now I think.

😂

Sad bastards. They should have kept the name just for the confused looks. 😂

9 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Fill yer boots. Word of warning though, a vast number of the “TA’ names are cringeworthy as fuck ☹️

Okay... Absent Friends TA.

I bumped into them in Kaunas some years ago and enjoyed a great night in their company; all good guys.

I enquired about their name. Seemingly, the day they formed their wee group, it was splashed all over the news that Frank Lampard's mum had died.

For an afternoon at least, they were the Pat Lampard Tartan Army, before thinking better of it and changing it to Absent Friends.

4 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I bumped into them in Kaunas some years ago and enjoyed a great night in their company; all good guys.

I enquired about their name. Seemingly, the day they formed their wee group, it was splashed all over the news that Frank Lampard's mum had died.

For an afternoon at least, they were the Pat Lampard Tartan Army, before thinking better of it and changing it to Absent Friends.

Yeah. Thats very cringeworthy 😂😂 Frank Lampards Mum. For fuck sake 😂😂😂🙈

6 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Sounds pretty scummy to me. 

On 10/25/2019 at 10:53 PM, Toepoke said:

According to my old man, following his assassination Celtic fans started a John F Kennedy CSC, swiftly followed by the Lee Harvey Oswald Loyal.

There is an actual "John F. Kennedy CSC", they used to have a big banner at games years ago. I'm not entirely sure where they are based but I think might be in Giffnock. 

"The Lee Harvey Oswald RSC" bit is just an urban legend.

19 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There is an actual "John F. Kennedy CSC", they used to have a big banner at games years ago. I'm not entirely sure where they are based but I think might be in Giffnock. 

I’m certain the JFK club had a Perth connection. 

31 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I knew I had seen Perth stuff about it through the years. Maybe the times I was in the Celtic club in Perth having a pint.

1626A1E5-718C-4C79-9A76-812FB6A18257.png

35 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Sounds pretty scummy to me. 

Well, I must confess I laughed when they told me.

It's a dark humour, but we laugh at a lot of things we supposedly shouldn't (comedy; offence and boundaries; that could have an entire thread of it's own though, so I wont hijack this one with it).

38 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There was a Grassy Knoll Loyal though. 

58 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Here’s the badge for that Perth club

6DC33345-537B-481E-A3DF-48F0A475A2EA.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Well, I must confess I laughed when they told me.

It's a dark humour, but we laugh at a lot of things we supposedly shouldn't (comedy; offence and boundaries; that could have an entire thread of it's own though, so I wont hijack this one with it).

You laughed when some people decided to name a supporters club after someone’s mother who died?

Drop me a pm and I’ll make sure I start up a supporters club and name it after the first of your parents to die. 

Just for a laugh though, nothing too serious.