Hydro seating/standing - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hydro seating/standing

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

That Rolling Hills is a complete fucking turnip. Carved or otherwise. 

😂 

Dont think you are off the hook. If Mrs Slasher is terrorising me  with a machete I will need a bottle of Jim Beem to numb the pain. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 1:42 PM, TDYER63 said:

Yeah, unlike SECC the bars and toilets are all in the main hall so there is more traffic moving in and out the standing area. It definitely must be harder to control but at the same time they must be mindful of the potential security issues from over crowding. If it was really easy to nick in it would be pandemonium . 

Can you test it for me, I am going to Stereophonics in March and am raging as I could not get standing tickets 🙂

Was at the Chemical Brothers last night. All standing tickets folks got one of those sticky paper wrist bands put on them upon entrance. I was out of the arena a couple of times and the checks going back in were there but hardly thorough.

55 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Was at the Chemical Brothers last night. All standing tickets folks got one of those sticky paper wrist bands put on them upon entrance. I was out of the arena a couple of times and the checks going back in were there but hardly thorough.

How was the gig?

3 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Thanks for letting me know, it might we worth a sneaky try if I make some of my own bands in advance. It will be like making those christmas decorations from years ago. 

That said,  i have not had the best experience of those sticky bands. I was at a festival in Jersey in September with friends and we all bought tickets for the VIP area just to get decent toilets and less queuing for drinks as we are all a bit older. We got those sticky bands put on when we entered the VIP area. 
One of the group only had a standard ticket so he was out in the main section on his own. The security was really tight , he would never have got in without a band. 
My  band was really loose so I slipped it off and one of my friends went out to the main section and the guy put it on and so he got access. 
He was really grateful and when he came in he went to give me it back. But he couldn't get it off. We tried pulling at it for 1/2 hr but it wasn't budging. We  eventually had to give up. So he had 2 fookin bands on and I had none ! 
I couldn't go anywhere, I was stuck in the one wee area the whole day and night. I was mad, the VIP section only had a small viewing platform meanwhile this bloke is  parading back and forward to the main section with my band . 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Thanks for letting me know, it might we worth a sneaky try if I make some of my own bands in advance. It will be like making those christmas decorations from years ago. 

That said,  i have not had the best experience of those sticky bands. I was at a festival in Jersey in September with friends and we all bought tickets for the VIP area just to get decent toilets and less queuing for drinks as we are all a bit older. We got those sticky bands put on when we entered the VIP area. 
One of the group only had a standard ticket so he was out in the main section on his own. The security was really tight , he would never have got in without a band. 
My  band was really loose so I slipped it off and one of my friends went out to the main section and the guy put it on and so he got access. 
He was really grateful and when he came in he went to give me it back. But he couldn't get it off. We tried pulling at it for 1/2 hr but it wasn't budging. We  eventually had to give up. So he had 2 fookin bands on and I had none ! 
I couldn't go anywhere, I was stuck in the one wee area the whole day and night. I was mad, the VIP section only had a small viewing platform meanwhile this bloke is  parading back and forward to the main section with my band . 

🤣🤣🤣