Fake News - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Easy, calling a woman a cow is classless, giving an opinion on crowdfunding and SNP supporters is, well, an opinion.

I wasn’t saying they were both the same . I was suggesting that it is somewhat hypocritical to pick someone up for their opinion then call an entire group of people contemptible and fawning. Just because he uses a word direct from the Jacob Rees Mogg book of vocabulary doesn't make it better. 

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I wasn’t saying they were both the same . I was suggesting that it is somewhat hypocritical to pick someone up for their opinion then call an entire group of people contemptible and fawning. Just because he uses a word direct from the Jacob Rees Mogg book of vocabulary doesn't make it better. 

The lickspittle word was very popular on here for a while (used for the other side, maybe not  a coincidence here), not sure if it was various posters or one in particular. I think it's a fair comment to categorise a group of supporters of any political party as lickspittles. I don't think calling a woman a cow cause you 'hate' her is really acceptable, it's certainly classes, borederline mysoginistic, (I believe you are one (a  woman), maybe you could advise),so I don't really see the hypocrisy.

Edited by Eisegerwind
Clarification!

24 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

The lickspittle word was very popular on here for a while (used for the other side, maybe not  a coincidence here), not sure if it was various posters or one in particular. I think it's a fair comment to categorise a group of supporters of any political party as lickspittles. I don't think calling a woman a cow cause you 'hate' her is really acceptable, it's certainly classes, borederline mysoginistic, (I believe you are one (a  woman), maybe you could advise),so I don't really see the hypocrisy.

It  might be acceptable to you but i certainly take umbrage to being described as contemptible and toady just because I support a political party. I can assure you I bow to no-one. 
I would also be a bit pissed off being called a cow although  it is not unknown for some women call another woman, for example,  ‘a stupid cow’ when having a laugh.  They dont call me that of course. At least not to my face .....

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

It  might be acceptable to you but i certainly take umbrage to being described as contemptible and toady just because I support a political party. I can assure you I bow to no-one. 
I would also be a bit pissed off being called a cow although  it is not unknown for some women call another woman, for example,  ‘a stupid cow’ when having a laugh.  They dont call me that of course. At least not to my face .....

Fair enough.

The internet has been a total game changer. I'd never have noticed it. Most folk wouldn't but collectively we hardly miss anything, obviously internet makes witch hunts easier too. So like everything you have to be sure of the quality of the information.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:53 AM, phart said:

The internet has been a total game changer. I'd never have noticed it. Most folk wouldn't but collectively we hardly miss anything, obviously internet makes witch hunts easier too. So like everything you have to be sure of the quality of the information.

Internet censorship can’t be too far away