Prediction for next round of matches: - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Prediction for next round of matches:

The_Dark_Knight

I think the Cyprus match is huge for us.  If we win, we have the chance to go into the play-offs on the back of 3 wins by beating Kazakhstan at home.

If we play poorly we only have one match to prepare for the play-offs, and it will be against a side we should beat at home.  

Cyprus will want to finish third in the group so forget the "they have nothing to play for" chat.

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think the Cyprus match is huge for us.  If we win, we have the chance to go into the play-offs on the back of 3 wins by beating Kazakhstan at home.

If we play poorly we only have one match to prepare for the play-offs, and it will be against a side we should beat at home.  

Cyprus will want to finish third in the group so forget the "they have nothing to play for" chat.

November and March will have no relevance to each other. 

Having said that, be good to win the games comfortably. 

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Three clean sheets in a row? We can dream.

Heh, stranger things have happened... I can't think of any off the top of my head, mind you, but I'm sure there must be. 

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

2 wins? Extremely optimistic.

Fair enough, though, sounds like positive thjnking to me. :)

I've changed my predictions:

Cyprus 2 - Scotland 0

Scotland 0 - Kazakhstan 2

I get the pessimism for these games, especially for Cyprus, but I cannot see us losing the Kazakhstan game at home. Surely not?!

Edited by g@un

14 minutes ago, g@un said:

I get the pessimism for these games, especially for Cyprus, but I cannot see us losing the Kazakhstan game at home. Surely not?!

I have zero confidence in these players or the manager.

I can see Kazakhstan pulling off a... I was going to say "shock", but I'm not sure it would be. They clobbered us in Kazakhstan.