Scotland u17s v Armenia u17s - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland u17s v Armenia u17s

SWMM82

It’s still online and we won 2-0. Watched 10 minutes this morning and thought they looked outstanding. Will watch later. King and Morrison at the back but a few others caught the eye in the brief glimpse I had. Two cracking goals, the first very sharp build up play and the second a clever first touch and great strike. 

2 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

King and Morrison were outstanding.....reading of the game, composure on the ball....they are top talents. King is still only 15.

How did Chris Mochrie, first goal scorer, do? Very highly rated at Tannadice and in last league game of last season became youngest player to play a first team competitive game for United. 

These lads played with a zip a swagger and a confidence I haven't seen from any Scotland side in years. It almost looked cocky, they just knew they were better than Armenia, and not just a bit better, like miles better. Technical ability was clear to see from every area of the pitch. The first goal was pure class in terms of a team move, second was a great piece of individual brilliance. Very pleased to watch a young Scotland side play in this manner

I actually don’t think they played well with the exception of the two centre halves......in fact they played well within themselves I would say.

But I mean that in a positive way....they are capable of so much more yet still won comfortably. The bar is definitely being raised.

Edited by SWMM82

3 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

I actually don’t think they played well with the exception of the two centre halves......in fact they played well within themselves I would say.

But I mean that in a positive way....they are capable of so much more yet still won comfortably. The bar is definitely being raised.

I suppose that is kind of what I was getting at just put in a different way. To my mind they cantered it in 2nd gear. It looked like they could move through the gears when they wanted. Just seemed a genuine confidence and belief in their ability from almost every single player

I think it was a good first half performance. Second half was more scrappy.

Watson (left back), Fairley (Central midfield), Smith (right wing) and Smith (Left wing) were the stand outs.

You can't really gauge the center backs as they didn't really have to defend all that much.

One thing I will say, though, all of the players seem very comfortable of the ball. I'd actually say that as a collective, as well as individually, our under 17s are better technically than our senior team. Which is as much of a burn to the senior team as it is a compliment to the under 17s.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

15 min into the game and Jayden Fairely sticks out. Gilmouresque. Takes the ball with ease and pops it off. What a talent he is. The right back looks good too.

Yeah. First half he looked like a young John Collins, then he scored a corner and then I found out that he's with Hibs...

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

How did Barry Hepburn look? Heard lots of good things about him and only 15

He did a little heel-flick over their right back in the first 8 minutes that Ronaldo would be proud of. He had a great first half. Fast, full of trickery.