Your 23 Man Scotland Team for the next set of games? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your 23 Man Scotland Team for the next set of games?

Guest ElChris04

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Cunts wanting Jake Hastie called up.

Jesus wept, boy can't even get in the fucking Rotherham team the now.

He’s a one trick pony unfortunately.......any half decent defender will suss him out very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as we are getting the squad today, suppose a good time to take a final stab at it. Not many changes over the course of the month to be frank. Sadly Hickey didn't look quite ready yet in the games for Hearts and Griffiths is yet to kick a ball. If he does play on Sunday for Celtic then I'd definitely call him back in. Again, the last squad was 25, so that's the figure i'm going with rather than 23. 

Goalkeepers

Marshall, Kelly, Mclaughlin. 

Defenders

Mckenna, Cooper, Porteous, Mulgrew, Findlay, Tierney, Robbo, SOD, Palmer

Midfielders

Christie, Fleck, Jack, McGinn, Mcgregor, Mclean, McTominay, Armstrong

Forwards

Forrest, Fraser, Shankland, Burke, Phillips

Almost made it- Shinnie, Hornby, Gilmour, Hickey, Ferguson, McRorie (some of the under 21s should be brought in for the second match, so Clarke can have a look at them in training and maybe even give them a cap off the bench, as has been mentioned a few times)

I expect Oli McBurnie will be included, likely at the expense of Shankland or Burke, but i'd take either of those ahead of McBurnie based on Scotland performances. Seen more in the Second half in Moscow from Shankland than I did from Mcburnie at Hampden. He linked up better. Burke has different weapons than McBurnie does and scored against Cyprus at Hampden so edges it for me. 

8 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Seeing as we are getting the squad today, suppose a good time to take a final stab at it. Not many changes over the course of the month to be frank. Sadly Hickey didn't look quite ready yet in the games for Hearts and Griffiths is yet to kick a ball. If he does play on Sunday for Celtic then I'd definitely call him back in. Again, the last squad was 25, so that's the figure i'm going with rather than 23. 

Goalkeepers

Marshall, Kelly, Mclaughlin. 

Defenders

Mckenna, Cooper, Porteous, Mulgrew, Findlay, Tierney, Robbo, SOD, Palmer

Midfielders

Christie, Fleck, Jack, McGinn, Mcgregor, Mclean, McTominay, Armstrong

Forwards

Forrest, Fraser, Shankland, Burke, Phillips

Almost made it- Shinnie, Hornby, Gilmour, Hickey, Ferguson, McRorie (some of the under 21s should be brought in for the second match, so Clarke can have a look at them in training and maybe even give them a cap off the bench, as has been mentioned a few times)

I expect Oli McBurnie will be included, likely at the expense of Shankland or Burke, but i'd take either of those ahead of McBurnie based on Scotland performances. Seen more in the Second half in Moscow from Shankland than I did from Mcburnie at Hampden. He linked up better. Burke has different weapons than McBurnie does and scored against Cyprus at Hampden so edges it for me. 

Can't see Findlay being fit, missed last few games.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can't see Findlay being fit, missed last few games.

Ah, cheers, I was worried about that being the case given him getting stretchered off and then missing Pittodrie, but I never heard an official 'out for X time' so stuck him in ahead of Devlin. 

Shame, I rate Findlay. 

Be interesting if he and Mulgrew miss out, a couple of spaces open. Devlin presumably would get one. Maybe another midfielder or forward. 

Edited by AndyDD

1 minute ago, AndyDD said:

Ah, cheers, I was worried about that being the case given him getting stretchered off and then missing Pittodrie, but I never heard an official 'out for X time' so stuck him in ahead of Devlin. 

Shame, I rate Findlay. 

Be interesting if he and Mulgrew miss out, a couple of spaces open. Devlin presumably would get one. Maybe another midfielder or forward. 

Mulgrew is just a hunch.

Findlay really needs to be fit for the weekend to have any sort of chance. He missed Fir Park and Pittodrie.

27 minutes ago, marinello said:

Prepared to accept if Paterson is overlooked this time that this will either be due to him not wanting to be selected or a a fall out with Clarke.

Gallagher should I feel be included. More so if Mulgrew and Findlay miss out. Surely he is ahead of Devlin.

Paterson isn’t starting for Cardiff so I don’t think it would be that sinister if he missed out.

Also Devlin is definitely ahead of Gallagher in Clarke’s plans due to the fact he started the last 2 games.

Does not sound like any shock inclusions, with press saying Kelly and McKenna the only real recalls.

Interestingly, since last set of games everything has went quiet on Caulker (who has found himself on the bench in recent weeks, and talk of a January transfer to Bristol City) and Todd Kane getting the brunt for QPR's leaking goals of late (after press said he was a shoo-in for the next squad after talks with Clarke)

6 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Does not sound like any shock inclusions, with press saying Kelly and McKenna the only real recalls.

Interestingly, since last set of games everything has went quiet on Caulker (who has found himself on the bench in recent weeks, and talk of a January transfer to Bristol City) and Todd Kane getting the brunt for QPR's leaking goals of late (after press said he was a shoo-in for the next squad after talks with Clarke)

Suppose not long until we find out. Be interesting if any light is shed in the press conference RE Caulker, given that Clarke did speak about him previously. 

I'm not going to be greetin' if he isn't included. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I've also got a feeling Mulgrew might be left out.

I wouldn't be against that. The last Russia game in particular showed just how off the pace he is at international level. 

Unless there's behind the scenes benefits of having him there, I don't see why he should be included.

2 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

No Tierney. 

For fuck sake. VERY interested to hear the rationale. 

Phillips should be in there as well. 

Looks like Naismith replacing Russell. I don't particularly rate either Russell or Phillips but they do give us something a bit different than Naismith who's a pretty standard centre forward (past his best).

Elsewhere in the striker debate, I still struggle to see what McBurnie has done at any juncture whether domestically or internationally to warrant the call ups. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first striking option always selected. It's going to take some serious bottle to leave out someone playing (off the bench) in the Premier League who cost £20m, but let's be frank the consensus is that he's absolutely woeful.

33 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Sounds like Arsenal asked for KT not to be selected. Clark should have told Arsenal to fuck off. 

Yep.

Leaving him out last time made sense but he's a few games for Arsenal under his belt now. I accept he's not 100% yet but he's surely still a better option than O'Donnell or Palmer.