Aaron Hickey - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aaron Hickey

mrniaboc

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Potentially Hickey could be a better player but for right now Taylor is a more developed player. One is 17, the other has just turned 22 with over 100 hundred league appearances to his name. It's only natural he would look a more accomplished player at this stage. I feel Hickey looks a lot better than Taylor did at 17/18 and if he continues with his current development and starts to physically develop a bit more in the next or 2, he could be a far better player than Taylor.

Taylor went into the Killie team at 18, never left it, was an almost ever present and has played over 130 senior games having just turned 22 this month.

I probably saw 99% of the games he played for Killie and not once did I see him get absolutely roasted, never mind that roasted he was subbed after 45 mins (surprised he lasted until HT) as a 35 year old winger was tearing him a new arsehole.

Hickey might turn out to be a decent player but that's a few times I've seen us vs Killie and Burke/Liam Millar have torn him to shreds.

I realise he's a young kid but can't say I've been impressed by him any time I've seen him.

Hickey may turn out to be a better player than Taylor (or our other LB's) but he's behind the likes of Douglas and a few others before he get's near a Scotland call up.

Going up against clever, skillful and experienced players like Burke is a great way for Hickey to learn. He'll have learned a lot from that 45 mins of being ruthlessly exposed by a savvy operator. Well, he should learn a lot from it, at least. No guarantee that he will. From a pure development perspective i'd have liked Hearts to stick with him for the second half but that's their call, they were getting roasted and are in a bad enough mire as it is without getting hit for 6 or 7 so can't blame them. 

Hopefully that puts paid to any calls for Hickey to be put straight into the Senior Squad. Let the kid get gametime at this level and hopefully some Under 21 caps. We have at least three better left back options right now, and as things stand, Palmer and SOD are better than him at right back, as well. There is no need to rush. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Taylor went into the Killie team at 18, never left it, was an almost ever present and has played over 130 senior games having just turned 22 this month.

I probably saw 99% of the games he played for Killie and not once did I see him get absolutely roasted, never mind that roasted he was subbed after 45 mins (surprised he lasted until HT) as a 35 year old winger was tearing him a new arsehole.

Hickey might turn out to be a decent player but that's a few times I've seen us vs Killie and Burke/Liam Millar have torn him to shreds.

I realise he's a young kid but can't say I've been impressed by him any time I've seen him.

Hickey may turn out to be a better player than Taylor (or our other LB's) but he's behind the likes of Douglas and a few others before he get's near a Scotland call up.

Agree on Taylor, underrated by so many but an excellent player over a long period. 

Think you're being harsh on Hickey about Saturdays game. Watch the goals back, he's certainly not blameless but for the first goal the mistakes are by white who is miles out of position, hickey for being too narrow and berra for not stopping the shot. The second goal hickey could have been tighter to the crosser but then no one is marking on the middle. Third goal, hickey doesn't make the challenge on half way but then Burke runs half the pitch skins berra and scores. 

Hickey didn't have a great game but he was stitched up to an extent by white cheating at left wing and poor central defending. 

Edited by gonzohiggy

7 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

You forgot about Stephen Kingsley and Joe Bryan, who also play at decent levels as lb's.

Anyone know what the script is with Joe Bryan? He was in an under 21 squad years ago but had to pull out with injury and hasn't been talked about in years. In my FM games last year he was always in Scotland squads, thought he was just a random eligible that the game calls up due to a better starting CA than others, but that way when you see things in FM you check them out irl and had no idea he had been in a Scotland squad u21, you'd think with him being a starting player in the premier league last year it would've been mentioned.

Last season he said he hoped being in the PL would get him an England callup.

25 minutes ago, hampdenroarpod said:

From what I've heard Hickey needs a good shake attitude wise. Absolutely massive time.

If true he probably needs the right manager to guide him. He has been really really poor ever since all the transfer speculation