Aaron Hickey - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aaron Hickey

mrniaboc

Papers reporting this morning that Man City want to buy Hickey in January and loan him back to Hearts. 

We are facing the very real prospect that in a few years three of the best teams in the world will have a Scottish left back hahaha. 

Our back four at the 2022 World Cup:

Hickey Tierney Robertson Taylor 

With Barry Douglas on the bench... 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

He's looked good in the few games I've seen him. He needs to keep playing first team football to keep improve.

He’d be mad to sign up to anything that saw him playing the U23 reserve league. Loan to Championship it Belgium/Holland would make sense though. You’d think Man City would want him in their own setup for at least a season though.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, csinclair said:

From the brief bits I've seen of him this season he's clearly a prospect but those who were saying he should get a senior call up are getting way ahead of themselves. Ideally I'd like him to go to wherever he can get the best coaching and see where he's at when he's 20/21.

Agreed, nowhere near that level just yet.

Likes of Taylor are far, far better players.

4 minutes ago, g@un said:

Barry Douglas will be 33 at the next World Cup. Hopefully we have a few half decent younger defenders by then?

What, you mean like Robertson, Tierney and Taylor who are miles better than someone who doesn’t even get in the squad anyway?

Edited by McTeeko

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Not so sure Taylor is better than him at all let alone miles better. 

Aye, I originally only had Robertson and Tierney in there but I edited it to mention Taylor as he played the last two games. Should’ve said ‘younger’ too. 

5 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Not so sure Taylor is better than him at all let alone miles better. 

Potentially Hickey could be a better player but for right now Taylor is a more developed player. One is 17, the other has just turned 22 with over 100 hundred league appearances to his name. It's only natural he would look a more accomplished player at this stage. I feel Hickey looks a lot better than Taylor did at 17/18 and if he continues with his current development and starts to physically develop a bit more in the next or 2, he could be a far better player than Taylor.

I mean in Lennon's eye, an out of position Johnny Hayes blows both of them out of the water. I'm still baffled by this, I thought with Boli injured he would get his chance. I mean he's been giving that Frimpong a chance over Bauer at RB, so you have to wonder why isn't Taylor getting the same chance on the left.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, mrniaboc said:

Papers reporting this morning that Man City want to buy Hickey in January and loan him back to Hearts. 

We are facing the very real prospect that in a few years three of the best teams in the world will have a Scottish left back hahaha. 

Our back four at the 2022 World Cup:

Hickey Tierney Robertson Taylor 

With Barry Douglas on the bench... 

You forgot about Stephen Kingsley and Joe Bryan, who also play at decent levels as lb's.

Anyone know what the script is with Joe Bryan? He was in an under 21 squad years ago but had to pull out with injury and hasn't been talked about in years. In my FM games last year he was always in Scotland squads, thought he was just a random eligible that the game calls up due to a better starting CA than others, but that way when you see things in FM you check them out irl and had no idea he had been in a Scotland squad u21, you'd think with him being a starting player in the premier league last year it would've been mentioned.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart