Wings Over Scotland - unionist plant ? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wings Over Scotland - unionist plant ?

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Not TAMB bingo but his appeal against the verdict in the Kezia Dugdale defamation case has been thrown out.

Considering the treatment of Craig Murray and Mark Hirst is anyone surprised ?

Dugdale is an insidious thick cunt

Seeing SNP types liking her post gives me the boak

Have unfollowed/ soft blocked a few today  

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Considering the treatment of Craig Murray and Mark Hirst is anyone surprised ?

Dugdale is an insidious thick cunt

Seeing SNP types liking her post gives me the boak

Have unfollowed/ soft blocked a few today  

The judges all agreed she made defamatory statements and thought 5 grand would be adequate compensation but they award her costs  plus a 50% uplift. The Scottish justice system is farcical.

9 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Have never read Campbell's blog. Much prefer Wee Ginger Dug

I did in the lead up to the referendum and some of it was very helpful.

These days he just comes across as a very angry man with a massive chip on his shoulder. Some of "views" belong in the dark ages.

Can't stand either him or Dugdale.

Seems completely wrong that a well known political figure can defame someone in the column of  a national newspaper and then the law turns round and say it doesn't matter, doesn't seem right.  Whatever Campbell's faults the law can be a right ass at times.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I did in the lead up to the referendum and some of it was very helpful.

These days he just comes across as a very angry man with a massive chip on his shoulder. Some of "views" belong in the dark ages.

Can't stand either him or Dugdale.

Which is exactly how the yoon media love to portray all of us. He now does more harm than good, reinforcing the unionist side. 

46 minutes ago, biffer said:

Which is exactly how the yoon media love to portray all of us. He now does more harm than good, reinforcing the unionist side. 

Exactly my issue with him - he acts exactly the way they want to portray anyone who supports independence.

I said on here before he does more harm than good and whilst he might have been good for info at the outset with Wings, he's now a parody of the so called "cyber nat" these clowns in the media like to portray.

I have been reading his stuff off and on for years. He has not changed at all IMO. What really changed was he started disagreeing with the SNP's direction. Then all of a sudden he was a cunt etc. I trust the guy a lot more than the SNP at this point. As soon as you step out of the party line all you get is endless ad hominems. I now see it as an endorsement that certain folk hate him so much. That made me start to read his site a lot more, him and Craig Murray. I'd love it if he got AS to front a new party but alas that is probably a pipe dream.

55 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly my issue with him - he acts exactly the way they want to portray anyone who supports independence.

I said on here before he does more harm than good and whilst he might have been good for info at the outset with Wings, he's now a parody of the so called "cyber nat" these clowns in the media like to portray.

I'd go further.   All the tricks and techniques he used to expose about how the mainstream media use to put forward their own agenda, he now deploys in putting forward his own.

You taught us too well, Stuey.

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'd go further.   All the tricks and techniques he used to expose about how the mainstream media use to put forward their own agenda, he now deploys in putting forward his own.

You taught us too well, Stuey.

You seemed happy Salmond was charged and disappointed when he was exonerated. You also seem gleeful that Craig Murray is being persecuted. 

32 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I have been reading his stuff off and on for years. He has not changed at all IMO. What really changed was he started disagreeing with the SNP's direction. Then all of a sudden he was a cunt etc. I trust the guy a lot more than the SNP at this point. As soon as you step out of the party line all you get is endless ad hominems. I now see it as an endorsement that certain folk hate him so much. That made me start to read his site a lot more, him and Craig Murray. I'd love it if he got AS to front a new party but alas that is probably a pipe dream.

Was going to say something similar. 

38 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I'm far from the SNP's biggest fan but that's nonsense - I disagree with tons of what they do/say. Has zero bearing on whether I think Wings is a cunt.

As for AS, whether we like it or not, he's damaged goods. We'd never get widespread (rightly or wrongly) support for independence with him fronting a party.  

It's his veracity not his cuntishness that should be the main concern. It was out on hillsborough though but seemed to be in pre-referendum if the chat here was anything to go on.

Personality politics is cuntish as well.

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm far from the SNP's biggest fan but that's nonsense...

No that is definitely my impression although I was not necessarily referring to you in my post above. I have experienced it myself in a far smaller way just on here. As soon I started criticizing NS out came the smears (very quickly). It also happened to Hampden Loon when he was criticizing NS. This is how they roll now. The problem is not wings being a cunt the problem is the current regime's complete inability to deal with any dissenting opinions. They are absolutely ruthless as we saw with what they did to AS. Really vile actually. Wings has never even come close to that level of cuntishness. Not even remotely.

I would also say - try walking a mile in Wings' shoes. They amount of grief he gets (now from both sides) is going to make you develop a very thick skin and a bite to go along with your bark. He does not fuck about nor take prisoners but that is what makes him so good at what he does. I know I'd want him on my side if I was going into battle.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As for AS, whether we like it or not, he's damaged goods. We'd never get widespread (rightly or wrongly) support for independence with him fronting a party.  

I am inclined to say fuck that. That thing was about trying to make AS into damaged goods. If you accept that or see it like that then you are letting them win. I think he very much has a role to play now. In what capacity we will see if it happens. If I was him I would be pretty fucking angry and keen to get back into the public eye. Why should he let these arseholes shape his future. Best thing Salmond can do is make new history, not be defined by this squalid attempt to take him out.

Craig Murray was right. The reporting on the Salmond trial focused on the prosecutions salacious claims and pretty much skipped the defense. So if you had only followed the MSM the verdict would have seemed very surprising. That was the goal. I am still staggered that all this was done against a former FM. Imagine what they could get away with to just you or me if they set their minds to it. It was and is really sinister stuff. I am genuinely appalled at the direction the SNP have taken on multiple fronts.

Personally my only question at this point is, is it better to try to take back the SNP from within or just abandon it and start with a new party. I'd prefer the former but it may already be too far gone. 

Campbell has been shafted by the Scottish justice system. Just like they tried to do with Salmond. Both of them won their cases but end up losers. Craig Murray hasn't got a hope in hell. He is going to be shafted as well. Just a question of how much jail time for him and it's obvious that he has done fuk all wrong.

It's state sanctioned corruption, pure and simple. 

45 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I am inclined to say fuck that. That thing was about trying to make AS into damaged goods. If you accept that or see it like that then you are letting them win. I think he very much has a role to play now. In what capacity we will see if it happens. If I was him I would be pretty fucking angry and keen to get back into the public eye. Why should he let these arseholes shape his future. Best thing Salmond can do is make new history, not be defined by this squalid attempt to take him out.

Problem is we need some of these arseholes to vote Yes and with AS at the forefront I can't see that being successful.

Wouldn't sway me one but as I'll always be a Yes voter and can never see that changing but for plenty, particularly women, AS will be a turn off.

For us to get a Yes, it's massively down to who's the focal point and sadly, AS will be a turn off for many on the fence,

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Seems completely wrong that a well known political figure can defame someone in the column of  a national newspaper and then the law turns round and say it doesn't matter, doesn't seem right.  Whatever Campbell's faults the law can be a right ass at times.

Absolutely. How can they accept that Dugdale defamed him but still say it was fair comment? Surely it can't be both, otherwise the whole concept of defamation is effectively meaningless.

Dugdale, in my eyes, represents a type of politician I despise. A sanctimonious careerist, immersed in a cosy, backslapping clique of similar, interchangeable types (the colour of rosette being the only differencial), with little to no experience of the lives lead by the people they claim to represent; permanently "carping from the sidelines", to coin a phrase, without ever having to deliver a thing.

This episode, together with him being banned from Twitter, would suggest, though, that whatever Campbell might be, he is no unionist plant.