Wings Over Scotland - unionist plant ? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wings Over Scotland - unionist plant ?

29 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

So Farage is the sole arbiter of what Brexit actually means?

What the leavers were saying Brexit meant before the referendum was very different to what they said after.

They moved the goalposts, and most of us went along with it - at least in terms of the language used. Remember the terms Hard and Soft Brexit meant leaving the SM & CU, or not? Now those terms Hard and Soft are used to describe leaving with a deal or not. Farage and Co successfully moved the goalposts to the more extreme end of the brexit spectrum.

lol, why do folk do this? Take what you say and make it into another statement.

The terms I would use are substance over form.

Farage is clearly only interested in leaving the EU in substance while 'deal BREXIT' or soft BREXIT is much more form over substance. We say we are leaving but in reality we are not.

So I use Farage's reaction to tell me if any proposed deal is really leaving or just looking like it.  This one is obviously just looking like it.

Personally I do not want the SNP to save this deal Brexit. Let it fail. Unlike Stuart Campbell I am not keen on indyref2 anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

lol, why do folk do this? Take what you say and make it into another statement.

Ach, i thought you might react like that when i posted that.

Sometimes when folk ask a question (like i did), they're just trying to clarify their understanding of what you mean, not mis-represent your position.

If they (me) have it wrong, then you can correct it, and the conversation carries on. :ok:

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The terms I would use are substance over form.

Farage is clearly only interested in leaving the EU in substance while 'deal BREXIT' or soft BREXIT is much more form over substance. We say we are leaving but in reality we are not.

So I use Farage's reaction to tell me if any proposed deal is really leaving or just looking like it.  This one is obviously just looking like it.

Would you agree that what the brexiteers were saying about the substance of leaving the EU was different before the referendum, to what they were saying after? It feels that way to me, anyway. I can't recall any of them being so keen for a 'clean break, no deal' brexit.

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I think he knows fine well the SNP won’t vote (or abstain) with the stories. I can only suspect he is trying to keep the pressure on by highlighting how close we could be to Indyref2 if we chose to use the leverage. He is logically correct in his analysis of this ‘leverage’ but I agree we’d then get crucified by the Unionist msm.

Agree.
The worst thing we could do now is hold a second indy referendum too early and narrowly lose it.
Which the mistake Nicola almost made in 2016.

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

Would you agree that what the brexiteers were saying about the substance of leaving the EU was different before the referendum, to what they were saying after? It feels that way to me, anyway. I can't recall any of them being so keen for a 'clean break, no deal' brexit.

Well for me the question was clear and People voted to leave the EU. If anything I was surprised how weak and spineless they have been trying to get a 'deal'.

Parliament passes an act to make a no deal BREXIT illegal and votes against every single proposed deal.... and likely will again very soon? Nutters.

Edited by thplinth

The yoons hate Wings because he destroys their lies and their arguments with ease, and he is an invaluable source of information and analysis.  He may be a bit abrasive at times, but he is an asset to the indy movement imho, far more so that a lot of people at the top of the SNP, some of whom appear a bit too comfortable with the status quo because of the financial rewards it currently gives them.  Many on here don't seem to like him and I wonder how many of those most critical of him are themselves unionist plants - they are likely to be everywhere so I expect there are some who frequent this site.

I'll keep reading Wings.  I don't know why the GRA stuff is so important to him, but what he says about it is imho pretty much on target.  If you don't like his output, do what I do with the Daily Mail - don't read it.  If he was bumped off by MI6 tomorrow, we would struggle to replace him.

2 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I wonder how many of those most critical of him are themselves unionist plants - they are likely to be everywhere so I expect there are some who frequent this site.

I'm certainly not a Unionist!

Wings is still a prick though and more than a hindrance to the Yes movement than a help IMO.

With each passing day he reaffirms my view on that.

He's a bellend and there are certain things, in particular the trans stuff and the greens that he seems so hung up on that it emphasises the bellendedness. Stopped reading his stuff and following him on twitter a long time ago, he comes across as a deeply unpleasant guy on twitter in particular. I have him firmly in the hinderance not help category.

Bellend or not, not sure how he’s more of a hindrance unless folk are actively looking for reasons to not vote for independence. File under the same argument as not liking Salmond. He’ll remain an asset as long as he’s able to dismantle unionist lies, and they’ll be loads more of them.

43 minutes ago, biffer said:

He's a bellend and there are certain things, in particular the trans stuff and the greens that he seems so hung up on that it emphasises the bellendedness. Stopped reading his stuff and following him on twitter a long time ago, he comes across as a deeply unpleasant guy on twitter in particular. I have him firmly in the hinderance not help category.

Bang on the money.

3 hours ago, Alibi said:

The yoons hate Wings because he destroys their lies and their arguments with ease, and he is an invaluable source of information and analysis.  He may be a bit abrasive at times, but he is an asset to the indy movement imho, far more so that a lot of people at the top of the SNP, some of whom appear a bit too comfortable with the status quo because of the financial rewards it currently gives them.  Many on here don't seem to like him and I wonder how many of those most critical of him are themselves unionist plants - they are likely to be everywhere so I expect there are some who frequent this site.

I'll keep reading Wings.  I don't know why the GRA stuff is so important to him, but what he says about it is imho pretty much on target.  If you don't like his output, do what I do with the Daily Mail - don't read it.  If he was bumped off by MI6 tomorrow, we would struggle to replace him.

You’re aff yer heid mate! Lol. 

No doubt at all some of his work has been brilliant and very welcome to the independence debate in 2014. I even sent him a tenner for  one of his first fundraisers - believe he took in about 300k or so.

I never fully followed him on Twitter so was detached, but the Kezia thing and taking it to court started to have second thoughts.

He's too much of a roaster though. Volatile, arrogant, aggressive and just a bit of a shitebag who is a loose cannon, and says some pretty nasty stuff. 

Some of the Hillsborough stuff as well. 

A shame cos no doubt what he did was very good and useful, but he can't just sit on his hands and ask to get the last word. 

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

You’re aff yer heid mate! Lol. 

No, reasonably sane.  Highly likely there are people within the indy movement who are not quite what they seem.  Or else the UK secret service aren't doing their job.  Not referring to anyone on this thread btw.

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

No, reasonably sane.  Highly likely there are people within the indy movement who are not quite what they seem.  Or else the UK secret service aren't doing their job.  Not referring to anyone on this thread btw.

But you said "some who frequent this site".....so...?

Feckin TAMB....mair plants than the beechgrove garden! :P

A fifty something incel who types an aggressive written blog behind his curtains in Bath.  The neighbours must warn their kids away from him.  He got interviewed in The Times a month or so back where he ordered milk in a pub.  

He's the most successful of the 2014 alumni to monetise politics.  Independence is so important he couldn't even vote for it!  What a world we live in. 

Edited by Alan

8 minutes ago, Alan said:

A fifty something incel who types an aggressive written blog behind his curtains in Bath.  The neighbours must warn their kids away from him.  He got interviewed in The Times a month or so back where he ordered milk in a pub.  

He's the most successful of the 2014 alumni to monetise politics.  Independence is so important he couldn't even vote for it!  What a world we live in. 

A Tory making implications about child molestation , here comes Alan with shite all over his hands desperate to rub it all over someone, this is interesting this post.

He drinks milk as well.

This is so all over the place you can tell the repressed emotions underneath it. Alan normally manages to keep the seeth under the surface. However in a race to smear we have neighbours warn their weans away from him but also he ordered milk in a pub.

Before we go back to what is a fairly normal and could be true complaint.

We got to see behind the curtain abit there.

p.s. I never read Wings really or got his blue book I don't really care about him. Just Alan has a veneer of respectability that i never thought we'd see the wee smear of "incel" (toxic american culture term) and folk warning their children about him.

What's the implication about ordering milk in a pub?

I've done it once when i had bad heartburn, what about a milkshake? How about cheese? Or Yogurt, or a latte?

EDIT:

This post is so amusing to me, he's a child molester or a danger to them in some unspecified way that makes their parents warn their children, you can imagine Alan, right that's a good one but a wee bit unsubstanciated and deliberately vague what concrete example can i use as an anchor for the child claim... thinks... oh wait i saw him order milk in a pub it was in the Scotsman and everything.

EDIT: Wait is "ordering milk in a pub" Tory patois for something?

Edited by phart

On 10/21/2019 at 7:52 PM, phart said:

What's the implication about ordering milk in a pub?

I've done it once when i had bad heartburn, what about a milkshake? How about cheese? Or Yogurt, or a latte?

EDIT:

This post is so amusing to me, he's a child molester or a danger to them in some unspecified way that makes their parents warn their children, you can imagine Alan, right that's a good one but a wee bit unsubstanciated and deliberately vague what concrete example can i use as an anchor for the child claim... thinks... oh wait i saw him order milk in a pub it was in the Scotsman and everything.

EDIT: Wait is "ordering milk in a pub" Tory patois for something?

Amusing. :lol:

I was also getting a bit of resentment / jealousy of Wings' financial success coming through.

It was a 'rich' post.

• 7 months later...